Club Chaplain

hellraiser

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else disappointed with the club hiring a chaplain?

Are they gonna pray for a premiership now?

Why are you so uptight about a religious person being around the club when you support a team with a name that has religious conotations and post on a board called "Demonland"?

Edited by diesel

A Chaplain of the players (and club) is great as its been mentioned I also worked with them while in the army. They provide a person who a person can to speak to that isn't part of the formal structure of the club and therefore people who use them know they will not be judged as opposed if they go spoke with a coach or administrator for example. You will find in that role they won't provide any religious advice unless specially asked for.

As for the video it was what a Chaplin does, but its also a role another person in the club could have also done, but its a role of the chaplain. But despite what certain sections of society say the majority of people in Australia at this time still associate their lives with the Christian faith, whether formally or informally as it had has a major influence on western culture.

"Is anyone else disappointed with the club hiring a chaplain?

Are they gonna pray for a premiership now?"

Strangely I've been praying for a premiership for decades... lol

And I'm still praying, though my local priest is a dockers supporter so they gets lots of mentions in services :)

I think the role of a chaplain is more spiritual, but not necessarily religious.

I'm a staunch atheist and can't stand religion, but I still deem the chaplain a necessity at the club and of I were one of the players I'd take time to see him.

I think the only criticism over his position at the club is borne out of ignorance.

Well put E.

Reckon it's time to end this ridiculous thread.....