Ultimate Footy

JACKATTACK

Quite pleased with myself on that one, that makes 10 from the last 11 after a weak start to the season.

The jackattacks are hitting their straps at just the right time.

Yeah, well done. Your turn around since that lethargic start has been remarkable. Boyd and Cross have been the heartbeat of your side, despite the Doggies indifferent form.

You have amassed some percentage along the way too.

Maybe I should have done a bit more homework with regard to both Adelaide and Melbourne both having byes this week. Jacobs and Martin have been good but they can't play JCB's mob this week. The planets have aligned for you JCB. Could be another draw.....:) You've only lost 2 games !

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately agree the original 16 Teams of 2011 should get automatic entries into the 2012 Comp

Most likely we wont get 100% return rate but at that point we should then open up for new Players/Teams

& any new teams can expect the same welcome to the big Leauge as Gold Coast & GWS. No Mercy on game day, Crush them ;-)

Yep, for sure.

A suggestion though. Assuming that if a second UF comp got started up, maybe the current league could get split into half and half, just so with the newer comps they have some leadership through the difficult teething period.

Another suggestion... just a fun silly one. Make it a Premier League/Champions league type scenario. Bottom four from the premier league get relegated, top four from Champion's league get promoted. Would weed out the no-shows a little bit better, and give incentive to keep playing despite having been taken out of the finals race. :D

Im keen to see with the new comp size whether the supercoach/dreamteam/ ultimate footy leagues get moved to leagues of 18.

Also i agree I think all 16 teams have been exceptional in the sense of participating and interacting with the other coaches. I always take more note of the comments made by people playing UF haha

Yeah, and you get to know their personalities better too... makes reading their posts make a bit more sense. Some powerful senses of irony in this place.

And I don't see why it wouldn't go to 18. Play each opponent once, plus one player twice = 18 rounds... plus 4 for finals. Another suggestion would be to make week 18 a "floating" schedule. In this last week before finals 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, 5 vs 6 etc etc...

Yeah, well done. Your turn around since that lethargic start has been remarkable. Boyd and Cross have been the heartbeat of your side, despite the Doggies indifferent form.

You have amassed some percentage along the way too.

Maybe I should have done a bit more homework with regard to both Adelaide and Melbourne both having byes this week. Jacobs and Martin have been good but they can't play JCB's mob this week. The planets have aligned for you JCB. Could be another draw.....:) You've only lost 2 games !

Yep- only lost 2 games..Just shows I am consistent.Don't Win many - don't loose many.Just get there.However note, I won against Range Rover, I belted Jack Attack, I lost to you & snomeD by default.and now I intend to whip your behind.Got it..Dappa talks about your stress and maybe you won't front next year..well after my belting..gee you may not play next week..we may have to implement those rules immediately-ONLY RASSIN YOU.Best of luck this round- you will need it though.I will try to make it as comfortable as I can-whilst I outcoach you..made too many mistakes against Scarlett last week as I tokk it too easily.I thought he was going to default like he had previously.Now 5th and not happy. Back to the top 4 -I come.

Edited by jayceebee31

Please advise me how these player ratings go-I can't understand them..an example Setanta OhAilpin has gone from a rating 502 to 121 .No way hossay-is that correct..It's got me beat- someone please advise.

Please advise me how these player ratings go-I can't understand them..an example Setanta OhAilpin has gone from a rating 502 to 121 .No way hossay-is that correct..It's got me beat- someone please advise.

You can get some weird results when a player has only played a few games.

In setanta's case he has played 5, his first 3 were poor then he played us and kicked 3 goals straight, got some hitouts and a decent number of stats. But the critical one in that game was that he got 4 frees for.

For those who care to know: The average actual ranking is, as far as I can tell, a very simple calculation. Too simple if you ask me. The system simply ranks every player for every category, then gives that player a score equal to the sum of their 9 rankings. So if a players were ranked 1st in all 9 categories in a week they would get a score of 9, the theoretical maximum.

Last week's top ranked player was Jonathon Griffen, he was ranked =1st in score percentage, =1st in Frees for, 7th for hitouts, =11th for marks, around 30th for score. and didn't disgrace himself in any of the other stats either. A near perfect UFooty game.

There are some holes in this system though. If a player kicks 1 goal straight their ranking for score percentage will be =1st. Kick 9 goals 1, and their ranking is probably around 80 for their .90 percentage. I know which I would prefer if I needed to win score percentage. Frees for and against are a bit odd as well because they are usually pretty random.

Also by virtue of the number of players in the AFL the rankings system tends to give higher rankings to players that score in all categories, rather than just dominating in 2 or 3 (kicks/marks/handballs). If a player can snag 1-2 hitouts in a game (sylvia/Cross) it tends to lift their ranking quite a bit, some would say artificially.

So I guess my advice is to only use the rankings as a guide to a player's value. SnomeD may have a good player in Griffen, but I doubt Mad Melbourne is banging his door down to trade Ablett for him.

Yep- only lost 2 games..Just shows I am consistent.Don't Win many - don't loose many.Just get there.However note, I won against Range Rover, I belted Jack Attack, I lost to you & snomeD by default.and now I intend to whip your behind.Got it..Dappa talks about your stress and maybe you won't front next year..well after my belting..gee you may not play next week..we may have to implement those rules immediately-ONLY RASSIN YOU.Best of luck this round- you will need it though.I will try to make it as comfortable as I can-whilst I outcoach you..made too many mistakes against Scarlett last week as I tokk it too easily.I thought he was going to default like he had previously.Now 5th and not happy. Back to the top 4 -I come.

Give you credit where it's due. You're a good spruiker ! I'd be talking it up too if I knew the opposition's key players were out... :P

All the best in your endeavours. Thanks for wishing me the best, I'll need it.

PS. 45HG16 - good trade for the hotgod team, just learnt Douglas is out for 4-6 this morning. I'm ok with it though. He'll be right in time to kick JCB's butt in the finals. :)

Give you credit where it's due. You're a good spruiker ! I'd be talking it up too if I knew the opposition's key players were out... :P

All the best in your endeavours. Thanks for wishing me the best, I'll need it.

PS. 45HG16 - good trade for the hotgod team, just learnt Douglas is out for 4-6 this morning. I'm ok with it though. He'll be right in time to kick JCB's butt in the finals. :)

Gee you Mods stick together..Got news for both of you- unlikely either will be there in the finals,in particular-45HG16,unfortunately...Therefore Douglas GONE FOR YEAR..back in 2012...and by God-I intend to kick your BUTT this weekend.HT.

Edited by jayceebee31

Gee you Mods stick together..Got news for both of you- unlikely either will be there in the finals,in particular-45HG16,unfortunately...Therefore Douglas GONE FOR YEAR..back in 2012...and by God-I intend to kick your BUTT this weekend.HT.

Douglas will be in my camp. Mayne to 45HG16.

Keep rassin...

Douglas will be in my camp. Mayne to 45HG16.

Keep rassin...

At least I know both of you are having a dip- WOW- player movement of both you & 45HG16.

45HG16. has really gone beserk this week and you- well you won't make the finals for sure-I'll belt you this week, you will lucky to win a game but round 20 will be very interesting- against your associate and fellow Mod-45HG16.

Maybe Douglas could be right by then..wouldn't count on it--I can assure you I will not be giving 45HG16 a proposal for Douglas..I'll just battle along with my own cronies and at the end say- I didn't need to trade at all.

Edited by jayceebee31

Quite pleased with myself on that one, that makes 10 from the last 11 after a weak start to the season.

The jackattacks are hitting their straps at just the right time.

Congrats on the win JA. Injuries and byes took their toll this week but I'll be looking to bounce back with four key Weagles back in my starting line up.

Some good, lively discussion on here. Things are hotting up as we approach the business end!

Congrats on the win JA. Injuries and byes took their toll this week but I'll be looking to bounce back with four key Weagles back in my starting line up.

Some good, lively discussion on here. Things are hotting up as we approach the business end!

Forget bouncing back Range Rover - Now we know you do BLEED I intend to Destroy You.

Forget bouncing back Range Rover - Now we know you do BLEED I intend to Destroy You.

Will certainly be a big clash OMR. I intend to squash you and put you out of the finals race!

Finally some smack talk, this place was way oddly gentile up until today.

At least I know both of you are having a dip- WOW- player movement of both you & 45HG16.

45HG16. has really gone beserk this week and you- well you won't make the finals for sure-I'll belt you this week, you will lucky to win a game but round 20 will be very interesting- against your associate and fellow Mod-45HG16.

Maybe Douglas could be right by then..wouldn't count on it--I can assure you I will not be giving 45HG16 a proposal for Douglas..I'll just battle along with my own cronies and at the end say- I didn't need to trade at all.

I wonder what the fallout will be if a loss occurs this week...for you. Top 4 aspirations in jeopardy ? It may even open up a small window of opportunity for even me.

.and by God-I intend to kick your BUTT this weekend.HT.

I predict a draw... :D

Gonna be AWESOME. And the best part, even if you miss the finals, you still have a finals system to play in.

Finally some smack talk, this place was way oddly gentile up until today.

Yep. Now that people have the swing of it, it's gonna get pretty dicey up in here...

Not so sure.

I have 7 out, would've been more if I didn't trade, 4 guns injured and no rucks...It also appears Scotland is an emergency (I'm away and haven't checked the teamsheets).

I wonder what the fallout will be if a loss occurs this week...for you. Top 4 aspirations in jeopardy ? It may even open up a small window of opportunity for even me.

I didn't know you were related to Bob Hope--NO HOPE. Like normal- dream on..

I love the banter this week- in particular RR & OMR..GOOD STUFF.

I expect a few upsets this week- and I WILL NOT BE ONE.HT you are gone..like Natham Buckley start preparing for 2012..

Edited by jayceebee31

Game Set Match for you this week 45HG16. I have 10 players out. If Salopek, Corey and Franklin don't play then that is 13 out. Damn these multi bye rounds!

My friend- you have been putting so much effort re trading for the finals- you have out coached yourself..left a great gap this week my friend.

Not so sure.

I have 7 out, would've been more if I didn't trade, 4 guns injured and no rucks...It also appears Scotland is an emergency (I'm away and haven't checked the teamsheets).

Must admit would have been easier with a ruckman..none at all- bizzare.

And by the way Scotland is an emergency but you can move Jack into the guts and make Ray the back emergency if you like..that may help..anything to help a Mod and beat Robbo- he's still 2nd and needs to be dropped off his perch..

Edited by jayceebee31

I predict a draw... :D

Gonna be AWESOME. And the best part, even if you miss the finals, you still have a finals system to play in.

Yep. Now that people have the swing of it, it's gonna get pretty dicey up in here...

2 points are better that nothing and my sparring partner from Canberra may just stitch you up this week.So don't get to cocky my son..hit a 1000 posts with this one..

Edited by jayceebee31