NFL

Dappa Dan

As much as I loath the Seahawks thanks to Sherman and Carroll, this is a fantastic story that, when I showed the missus today, admitted brought a tear to her eye:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2549199/Deaf-Seahawks-player-treats-adorable-twin-girl-super-fans-Super-Bowl-tickets-surprise-meeting.html

• Like 1

Woot! 3 hours til kick off, waiting for my mates to come over, eat a ton of crappy food, drink a heap of fizzy drinks and be all American n stuff!

Let's hope for a good game and a Denver win! :)

Deep fried mars bars and buffalo wings??

Gaaahhhh at work!!!!

G is kickoff scheduled for 10am on the dot?

I hear it has been an absolute disater in ghetting to the stadium.... http://deadspin.com/taking-the-train-to-the-super-bowl-is-a-disaster-1514454130 http://deadspin.com/scenes-from-the-super-bowl-transit-nightmare-1514479871

Wow! Everything has gone pear shaped for Denver.

They finally get a break with that fumble but lots of work to do. Seattle have brought their A game and look like men on a mission. It's not over yet but if the Seahawks are smart, they'll eat up the clock in the 2nd half.

Broncos need a score here - but that's an understatement!

Bruno and the Chili Peppers were great - they certainly know how to put on a show.

That Harvin TD has to hurt - who would've predicted a 29-0 scoreline at this stage of the game. Stunning!

Wow. Seattle are a monster. They are Jesse Hogan scary. Manning looked like Christian Ponder out there. No time to plant his feet and he got burnt today. Seattle just had to be a little productive with the ball and they were. Then bloody Harvin chimes in and it's a massacre.

• Like 1

That was a massacre! Right from that bewildering opening snap and safety it wasn't to be the broncos night.

Very solid team effort from seattle epitomised their season, refreshing to see a defensive player named mvp too.

Wow, safe to say after calling in sick to work and heading into Fed Square to watch the game, I'm absolutely smashed.

I feel bad for Denver, it was like Adelaide in 2012, if you get a soft schedule it gets you into finals, but once there it really hurts you. They were given rubbish defences all year, and when they came up against us, it was like nothing they'd seen. They are far far better than a 43-8 team, but rolling the Pats depleted squad isn't ideal lead up.

Never the less, amazing game and a great year. I didn't find out this thread till mid-year but I look forward to being the hunted next year!
Go Hawks!

• Like 1

We all knew the SeaHawks defense was good, but who knew it was that good! They played lights out. The additions of Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril to give them the pass rush made all the difference today. And Wilson's early 3rd down percentage was insane. The Broncos D as I predicted were capable of stopping the run and creating chances to get off the field but after watching them take care of the Pats so easily I didn't expect the Broncos secondary to be torched on 3rd down by Wilson and his unheralded receivers.

Injuries aren't an excuse as both sides have them but you can see that the Bronco's elite O line was showed up with the back up LT not up to it as well as the Broncos secondary not covering the injuries. Those two combined to make the game much harder for Manning and much easier for Wilson.

Watching Wilson win a SB, Kap go close, Luck, Dalton and Newton make play off runs I do wonder if the new rules are making QB play a bit less important and the saving of about 16 million dollars on having a rookie QB instead of a Franchise QB is worth while. But then you see Brady, Brees and Manning all make the play offs as well.

But then the teams at the bottom of league with rubbish rookie QBs (Minn, Buff, Jacksonville, Cleveland etc) will tell you otherwise.

It does make me worried about my Bears. We've spent the 16 mil on Cutler so we don't have the money to spend on the top defense and we don't have the gun QB to show for it either. I feel teams with mid level veteran QBs on big pay cheques are stuck in a cycle they can't break or afford to break. Cowboys, Lions, Cardinals, Giants, there'd be a few who agree I think.

Anyway this SeaHawks team was a massive victory for Carroll with his GM and his drafting and developing. They've pretty much drafted an elite defense with early and late picks and drafted a gun QB in the third round. The draft v develop question will kind of raise it's head but I think they've been outstanding at both. Carroll's bond with his players and his development of not only a select bunch of players but of the whole organisation as improving football players says a lot for a positive coach. I'm hoping the change from Neeld to Roos brings out a similar culture for us.

The PED and Adderall issue does linger over this team a little though. They have to stay clean now to back it up.

Seattle were just far too good today and if the Seahawks can keep all their players together, they'll be thereabouts for a number of years. Their defense is like their "other" offense. They were all over the Broncos and it seemed like their defense was making all the plays against Denver's offense.

Sooner or later their young guns will be come out of their existing contracts but if their GM (John Schneider) is switched on like he has been, they'll remain strong. And they'll always have that huge home field advantage. Wilson and Seattle's offense has a big upside as well. Who's gonna stop 'em?

It would be easy to be critical of the Broncos but really, it was all about the Seahawks today. Worthy winners is a phrase thrown around a bit but this team was emphatic with their dominance.

Kudos to a champion team!

And ... we have a winner in the playoff comp. Congratulations to 'titan' - he even gave himself a bye in the Super Bowl and still won! Thanks to all for participating - it adds a bit of interest to the thread.

Final points tally in the playoff comp ...

7 - titan_uranus*

6 - DemonDave

5 - cowboy from hell, Macca

4 - Strafford*

3 - Gorgoroth

2 - Pantaloons*, the master*

* denotes missed out on 1 or more weeks of tips.

Wow, safe to say after calling in sick to work and heading into Fed Square to watch the game, I'm absolutely smashed.

I feel bad for Denver, it was like Adelaide in 2012, if you get a soft schedule it gets you into finals, but once there it really hurts you. They were given rubbish defences all year, and when they came up against us, it was like nothing they'd seen. They are far far better than a 43-8 team, but rolling the Pats depleted squad isn't ideal lead up.

Never the less, amazing game and a great year. I didn't find out this thread till mid-year but I look forward to being the hunted next year!

Go Hawks!

Well done Arrow, just an a really good defensive team who were spread across the board with talent.

Broncs relying on the Pey Pey who without a running game it was like lambs to the slaughter.

To all you lads on here cheers for the year. I don't have any mates who are into nfl. Everyone at work looks at me stupid when I bang on about Ponder or those bloody packers. Always after the Super Bowl I'm left with an empty feeling that I won't see a young fit man tackle another young fit man whilst both wearing tight uniforms for another month.

• Like 1

To all you lads on here cheers for the year. I don't have any mates who are into nfl. Everyone at work looks at me stupid when I bang on about Ponder or those bloody packers. Always after the Super Bowl I'm left with an empty feeling that I won't see a young fit man tackle another young fit man whilst both wearing tight uniforms for another month.

So you don't watch many Melb games then.. Tackling?

Edited by Cards13

• 2 weeks later...

New bucs logo looks good!

The logo looks enormous on the helmet - not sure if that's the way it'll actually be. I liked the Tampa Bay kit, so it's good to see it's a bit of a tweaking of the logos, design and colours.

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Bucs-Unveil-Enhanced-Logo-and-Helmet/744d6357-fe9f-4ecd-bda4-2dc05ff0f2d3