Gold Coast Suns

H_T

Gold Coast Suns confirmed uncontracted signings: (list will be updated as they filter in)

Nathan Krakouer (formerly Port Adelaide Power) - 40 games; 22yrs 4 months; Height 182cm; Weight 78kg; Defender; Compo - 2nd Round selection.

Nathan Bock (formerly Adelaide Crows) - 113 games; 27yrs 5 months; Height 193cm; Weight 93 kg; Defender; Compo - End of 1st Round selection.

Michael Rischitelli (formerly Brisbane Lions) - 111 games; 24 yrs 7 months; Height 184cm; Weight 82kg; Midfield; Compo - End of 1st Round selection.

Campbell Brown (formerly Hawthorn Hawks) - 159 games; 27 yrs 0 months; Height 177cm; Weight 83kg; Defender; Compo - End of 1st Round selection.

Jarrod Harbrow (formerly Western Bulldogs) - 70 games; 22 yrs 2 months; Height 178cm; Weight 74kg; Defender; Compo - End of 1st Round selection.

Gary Ablett Jnr (formerly Geelong Cats) - 192 games; 26 yrs 4 months; Height 182cm; Weight 88kg; Midfield; Compo - 2 x 1st Round selections.

Josh Fraser (formerly Collingwood Magpies) - 200 games; 28yrs 9 months; Height 202cm; Weight 100kg; Ruck/Forward; Compo TBA on Friday.

Jared Brennan (formerly Brisbane Lions) - 119 games; 26yrs 2 months; Height 195cm; Weight 96kg; Midfield/Forward; Compo TBA on Friday.

Stats Source: AFL Stats by Footywire

http://www.footywire.com/

B: Krakouer <blank> Harbrow

HB: <Blank> Bock Brown

C: Brennan <blank> <blank>

HF: <blank> <blank> <blank>

F: <blank> <blank> <blank>

Foll: Fraser Rischitelli Ablett

Int: <blank> <blank> <blank> <blank>

Edited by High Tower

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding the compensation given for each player might be nice also.

Good initiative HT.

Will do. Have we received confirmation on the compensation as yet ? If so feel free to post any info you come across and I'll add it.

I'll add that it is my understanding sides receiving compensation picks from losing uncontracted players to GC will be able to utilise these anytime between 2010-15.

Bock and Rischitelli compo is pick at the end of the first round (after the premiers selection in their chosen draft - anybody know what happens if teams choose to use this pick in the same draft? Who goes first?)

Krakouer compo is a second round selection (directly after Ports second round selection in their chosen draft from now to 2015.

Bock and Rischitelli compo is pick at the end of the first round (after the premiers selection in their chosen draft - anybody know what happens if teams choose to use this pick in the same draft? Who goes first?)

Krakouer compo is a second round selection (directly after Ports second round selection in their chosen draft from now to 2015.

Thankyou ox_5. Good question too. This is just a guess, I'd imagine it would come back to where the sides finished on the ladder. ie. Brisbane first, Adelaide second - regarding the Bock & rischitelli compo pick at end of first round.

I think the Lions were punked over their compo for Rischitelli.

He is entering the absolute prime of his career and is showing B&F winning form, in a fairly ordinary side.

It also makes a mockery of the "formula" to determine compo that is meant to include B&F results, seeing as theirs has not yet been held.

Not sure about Crows or Port.

I think the Lions were punked over their compo for Rischitelli.

He is entering the absolute prime of his career and is showing B&F winning form, in a fairly ordinary side.

It also makes a mockery of the "formula" to determine compo that is meant to include B&F results, seeing as theirs has not yet been held.

Not sure about Crows or Port.

Here is the explanation notification given to the Brisbane Lions by the AFL regarding the compensation in relation to Suns signing uncontracted player Michael Rischitelli.

It also explains they can use it in the 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 or 2014 National Drafts.

Also: For the selection to be activated for any of the years 2011-2014 in the NAB AFL Draft of that particular year, the Brisbane Lions will be required to notify the AFL of its intention to use the selection by the last Tuesday of that particular year, prior to the start of the Toyota AFL Premiership Season.

Edited by High Tower

Here is the explanation notification given to the Brisbane Lions by the AFL regarding the compensation in relation to Suns signing uncontracted player Michael Rischitelli.

It also explains they can use it in the 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 or 2014 National Drafts.

Also: For the selection to be activated for any of the years 2011-2014 in the NAB AFL Draft of that particular year, the Brisbane Lions will be required to notify the AFL of its intention to use the selection by the last Tuesday of that particular year, prior to the start of the Toyota AFL Premiership Season.

Unfortunately it gives no explanation as to how they arrived at a end-of-round-1 selection decision

Specifically, whether they took into account his likely 2010 B&F ranking

I don't see why they couldn't have waited a few days to find out

Edited by High Tower
Sorry, meant notification.

Unfortunately it gives no explanation as to how they arrived at a end-of-round-1 selection decision

Specifically, whether they took into account his likely 2010 B&F ranking

I don't see why they couldn't have waited a few days to find out

I don't see why either. Perhaps they know ?

PS. Meant to say 'notification'

Guest hangon007

ablett is 100% gone. has to be at least picks 2@3 or 3@5(the picks are my thoughts)

Sorry I dont understand what you are saying? The compensation rules are clear.

Are you suggesting Gold Coast will trade for Ablett?

Sorry I dont understand what you are saying? The compensation rules are clear.

Are you suggesting Gold Coast will trade for Ablett?

bare with me ,im not up to speed on the compensation rules. i understand he is out of contract. i thought i heard that the `suns ` can trade their picks for players. if they dont have to why doesnt ablett go in to the psd draft. therefore it will cost them nothing. when judd went to carlton he wanted to do the right thing by the club. if you could clarify it for me that would be much appreciated.

bare with me ,im not up to speed on the compensation rules. i understand he is out of contract. i thought i heard that the `suns ` can trade their picks for players. if they dont have to why doesnt ablett go in to the psd draft. therefore it will cost them nothing. when judd went to carlton he wanted to do the right thing by the club. if you could clarify it for me that would be much appreciated.

GC17 can signup upto 16 out-of-contract players (one/club) totally free to them (ie no trades required) up until this years Draft

The AFL will provide compensation by way of special draft picks (using an AFL proprietary formula) which can be used (or traded) this year or over the next few years.

Guest hangon007

I will put it into point form for you ... for un-contracted players

a/ AFL pay compensation via draft picks not GC ... for 1 un-contracted per club

b/ draft picks are placed into 4 key bands ...

- Round One Selection,

- End of Round One Selection

- Round Two Selection

- Round Three Selection

c/ draft picks can be used or traded over the next 5 years ...

However, A club may elect to use its compensation selection(s) at its choice at any of the next five national drafts and its compensation pick in a round would come immediately after its pick in that year’s draft, with the exception of any Round One picks at the 2010 and 2011 Drafts, which can only be utilised at the end of Round One.

Compensation calculate with two key criteria ... now there is plenty confusion here, especially with many people around this site.

AFL recently revised the rules ... so it made harder for clubs to manipulate

Compensation calculate by

a/ Players Age

b/ What GC pay the player

Hope that helps ... any other questions I will do my best.

Edited by hangon007

thanks guys for your help. two more questions.

1- the club has 5 years to use its compensation pick. does it have to announce prior to the start of any given draft that intends to use its pick. or can it just throw it in. because if a draft falls a certain way , a player that has been watched by a club slides for what ever reason, suddenly becomes available , leaving the club in two minds.

2- lets say ablett goes, the cats also win flag in 2012. there are now 18 teams in the comp. cats first pick would be 18 because they finished first(allowing for no more priority picks)then they would have pick 19, the next available pick after their first pick. therefore ablett would be worth pick 19. or in 2013 they finish last , they elect to use their pick giving them picks 1@2

appreciate your help

1- the club has 5 years to use its compensation pick. does it have to announce prior to the start of any given draft that intends to use its pick. or can it just throw it in. because if a draft falls a certain way , a player that has been watched by a club slides for what ever reason, suddenly becomes available , leaving the club in two minds.

2- lets say ablett goes, the cats also win flag in 2012. there are now 18 teams in the comp. cats first pick would be 18 because they finished first(allowing for no more priority picks)then they would have pick 19, the next available pick after their first pick. therefore ablett would be worth pick 19. or in 2013 they finish last , they elect to use their pick giving them picks 1@2

appreciate your help

I understand they have to nominate the draft year before the draft in that year

Not sure exactly by what date though

Guest hangon007

This one has been answered ... you have to pre-nominate before the draft your intentions to use the "compensation" pick. My understanding, dont hold me to this, with this year as the obvious exception, I understood you had to nominate before the year starts.

appreciate your help

Ok ... two points

a/ Dont foget GWS next year enter the comp ... so if you elect to use your pick next year it falls into the same provision as this year.

However, your question does "roll-over" into the possibility of happening the following year in a so called "un-compromised" draft.

b/ In the most recent rule change the compensation was also upped for players of Abletts standing. Geelong would be entitled to get up to 2 first round picks for him. IMHO ... Their most likely compensation is 1x Round One selection (after their finishing position) & 1 x End of Round One Selection.

However, your "scenario" is theoretically even more scary ... if they did finish last they could actually get picks 1 (normal pick),2(compensation) & 3(compensation) for him. However, I doubt this would happen.

Hope that helps.

Edited by hangon007

Gold Coast Suns confirmed uncontracted signings: (list will be updated as they filter in)

Nathan Krakouer (formerly Port Adelaide Power) - 40 games; 22yrs 4 months; Height 182cm; Weight 78kg; Defender; Compo - 2nd Round selection.

Nathan Bock (formerly Adelaide Crows) - 113 games; 27yrs 5 months; Height 193cm; Weight 93 kg; Defender; Compo - End of 1st Round selection.

Michael Rischitelli (formerly Brisbane Lions) - 111 games; 24 yrs 7months; Height 184cm; Weight 82kg; Midfield; Compo - End of 1st Round selection.

Stats Source: AFL Stats by Footywire

http://www.footywire.com/

HT when you get the chance you can add:

Campbell Brown - End of 1st round selection

Compo hasn't been officially stated yet for Brown, but if you believe the hun, they seem to think he'll get a 1st round pick, rather than an after 1st round pick.

Compo was announced by the AFL yesterday as per my post above. End of first round, which is still officially a first round selection as the Hun are saying.

Compo was announced by the AFL yesterday as per my post above. End of first round, which is still officially a first round selection as the Hun are saying.

Oh.

Sorry, I couldn't find it at that stage.

And one of the Hun articles I read gave the distinct impression the Hawks were getting more than any other team had received as compo so far.

But obviously not.

Ta.

Oh.

Sorry, I couldn't find it at that stage.

And one of the Hun articles I read gave the distinct impression the Hawks were getting more than any other team had received as compo so far.

But obviously not.

Ta.

I also read that Hun article first and got the same impression you did. I couldn't believe that would be right so I searched further to find the afl had announced it.