Werribee Tigers v Casey Scorpions

KC from Casey

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Blease just kicked his second after nice clearance work from tapscott. Blease has a laser for a boot tonight.

Early days of course but it is bloody good to hear the injury didn't ruin his best attributes.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blease will be a star and the final ingredient to that brew.

Blease just kicked his second after nice clearance work from tapscott. Blease has a laser for a boot tonight.

Tappy and Gyzzy in that brew too, as good support..

Wait.. lets not get too excited or freak will come back an put us in our place!

demon_biggrin.gif

Edited by DemonDan...

Tappy and Gyzzy in that brew too, as good support..

Wait.. lets not get too excited or freak will come back an put us in our place!

demon_biggrin.gif

Well by all means get excited but just remember that it was me that was spot on about Bell, Bate, Miller and arguably morton. At some stage, most people here were crowning these players as superstars. The same people also sugested that Sylvia should be traded away because he had a slow start. Let me decide who to get excited about and who not to. Admittedly, Blease and Tapscott barring injury should have a solid impact at afl level.

Well by all means get excited but just remember that it was me that was spot on about Bell, Bate, Miller and arguably morton. At some stage, most people here were crowning these players as superstars. The same people also sugested that Sylvia should be traded away because he had a slow start. Let me decide who to get excited about and who not to. Admittedly, Blease and Tapscott barring injury should have a solid impact at afl level.

Bate is our best forward apart from Green. Morton will become a good player. Neither will be superstars. But Blease and Tapscott have the ability to become SUPERSTARS.And remember I will be spot on with this.And I rate Sylvia when fit in our top 10.

Bate is our best forward apart from Green. Morton will become a good player. Neither will be superstars. But Blease and Tapscott have the ability to become SUPERSTARS.And remember I will be spot on with this.And I rate Sylvia when fit in our top 10.

disagree. Petterd and Jurrah are better forwards than Bate

disagree. Petterd and Jurrah are better forwards than Bate

Both have great potential- but still have to do it.Bate has up to this stage but is definately spasmodic. But still the best we have so far.Proof is in the pudding mate.

Edited by jayceebee31

Suspended one game.

So Redleg, you're a senior barrister with lots of experience in the law.

If PJ had a one game suspension, then surely at about 5.15pm when the Casey game finished this afternoon, he had served his supension?

Could he not then have played with the reserves or even with the MFC tomorrow?

It certainly is. Chirnside Park (Watton Street, Werribee) is now named Avalon Airport Oval.

There are lights at the ground so I assume the reserves are on after.

\is there any hope we can get this thread back on topic and get news of how Blease etc and scorps resy's are going ???????????

Most arrogant post of the year! Don`t pump those tyres up too much will ya Freak

That is totally incorrect-Joel Hocking & Valerie Stoimenov came from Essendon the year before last to take over the fitness section of our club. Bohden stayed on as Athletic coach.

List as per mfc site-

Football Department

- Joel Hocking – Fitness Manager

- Adam Paulo – Assistant Fitness Coach

- Valeri Stoimenov – Strength and Conditioning Coach

- Bohdan Babijczuk – Athletic Development Coach

Did you just say I was "totally incorrect" in saying that Bohdan is not our head of fitness then publish a list making it quite clear that Joel Hocking is our head of fitness accompanied by a description of when Joel took over that role??

Did you have a stroke??

Man you're good!

How do you type so fast with one hand while the other hand is obviously firmly 'on it'(get your hand off it or you WILL go blind!).

Can you answer a question for me? Will I make it as a supporter, or will I fall into the category that you sit in that is yet to be named? (you know a person that follows the fortunes of an AFL club but spends more time picking the club apart than supporting it). I guess we can call you a member if you are paid up....otherwise you must just be another parasite I guess! (living off something you don't contribute to).

Do you give tax advice too? It's that time again you know....of course you know. Duh,you know everything.

Enjoy yourself....don't get calluses it a dead give away.

Go Dees

Be great if anyone whos staying to see Bleasme and Tappy play, could also provide some updates!

Cheers again if ya can..

Just got back from Werribee. Watched the first quarter of the reserves.

Blease started on half back and had about 10 possies for the quarter linking up all over the park and hitting blokes on the [censored] at full pace. Kicked a magic goal deep on the pocket on the run. He is one classy footballer. He was blowing hard when he came off for a rest. At one point he got a kick at half back, speared a pass to a leading player got the ball off him, kicked into the guts, hit him on [censored], got it back, hit bloke again on [censored] inside 50. All of the kicks needed to be centimetre perfect as players had opponents bearing done. I would suggest only Flash at our club could have done what he did.

Tapscott was also in things early missing a couple of shots at goal, heard him complain about a lack of "drive" in his leg to the medicos. Obviously not back to full strength from the op. He was very much getting himself into contests and was at the bottom of the pack on a few occasions.

very exciting news. tappy is my boy.

I claimed Bail as my boy before he played a game and on todays game I am very happy with my choice. He was absolutely terrific.

Just got back from Werribee. Watched the first quarter of the reserves.

Blease started on half back and had about 10 possies for the quarter linking up all over the park and hitting blokes on the [censored] at full pace. Kicked a magic goal deep on the pocket on the run. He is one classy footballer. He was blowing hard when he came off for a rest. At one point he got a kick at half back, speared a pass to a leading player got the ball off him, kicked into the guts, hit him on [censored], got it back, hit bloke again on [censored] inside 50. All of the kicks needed to be centimetre perfect as players had opponents bearing done. I would suggest only Flash at our club could have done what he did.

Tapscott was also in things early missing a couple of shots at goal, heard him complain about a lack of "drive" in his leg to the medicos. Obviously not back to full strength from the op. He was very much getting himself into contests and was at the bottom of the pack on a few occasions.

Awesome to hear!

These guys would be jumping out of their skins to turn it on..

I still think Sam Blease is the 2nd best young player ive seen, (pre afl) -Liked his efforts even more than the Scully, Trenny and Watts'.

Edited by DemonDan...

Awesome to hear!

These guys would be jumping out of their skins to turn it on..

I still think Sam Blease is the 2nd best young player ive seen, (pre afl) -Liked his efforts even more than the Scully, Trenny and Watts'.

so who's number 1

Awesome to hear!

Mate I could not have been more impressed. I understand that it was one quarter of a VFL resreves game but he looks to be a perfect type for the modern game. Look forward to seeing him in the red and blue soon.

so who's number 1

Nik-Nat.. by a bit too.

Thats nothing against Watts either. I mean, Jack might end up being twice the player of Naitanui.. it too early to tell.

But on raw ability - I havent seen anyone like nik-nat..

THE only reason, i believe, we didnt recruit him, is because somewhere along the line he must have indicated to clubs that he would prefer to stay here, (in perth), or indeed would return here 1st chance he got.

Just back after watching the first half of the reserves. Blease had kicked two terrific goals on the run from 50 on an angle, and showed that he has blistering pace and sharp foot skills. As mentioned earlier, his three spearing kicks at pinpoint accuracy in one chain of play beginning in the back pocket was outstanding.

Encouraging signs from both Tapscott and Martin as well.

And remember I will be spot on with this.And I rate Sylvia when fit in our top 10.

The second sentence gives fair indication of the first. B)

The fitness dude, Bohdan something has the worst history in the afl when it comes to injuries. Even if he is just the unluckiest guy, i dont understand why we would pick him up.

Never let the actual facts get in the way of bull....

Good win by Casey, a few of the melbourne boys started to tire in the last quarter but Juice and Morton were probably melbournes best in the last.

Thanks Melon and others for the updates. Well done.

Good news on Jurrah, Sylvia, Bail, Morton and Newton.

Some good comments on Blease in the 2nds.

Just back after watching the first half of the reserves. Blease had kicked two terrific goals on the run from 50 on an angle, and showed that he has blistering pace and sharp foot skills. As mentioned earlier, his three spearing kicks at pinpoint accuracy in one chain of play beginning in the back pocket was outstanding.

Encouraging signs from both Tapscott and Martin as well.

thanks for the reports guys, anyone see the game out, would love a run down on our untried players