Under 18 Championships

todd

Hi everyone.

Does anyone now where I can get a player list with their numbers on it, for tomorrow afternoons Under 18 Championships as I would really like to know the players and their numbers when I am watching on Fox Sports tomorrow.

Thanks.

Hi everyone.

Does anyone now where I can get a player list with their numbers on it, for tomorrow afternoons Under 18 Championships as I would really like to know the players and their numbers when I am watching on Fox Sports tomorrow.

Thanks.

Here, you can negotiate through from here for the others.

http://www.afl.com.au/development/nabaflrisingstarsprogram/nabunder18s/u18sviccountrysquad/tabid/16266/default.aspx

Jack Viney not listed for SA. I know he is 1 year younger but I thought there was some news around saying he will be playing.

You are correct- in an article a couple of weeks ago on the MFC website Barry Prendagast stated he looked forward to seeing Jack Viney- however is not playing this year.

Edited by jayceebee31

Jack Viney is playing in the national U16 titles which start up here in Sydney next week. I'm hoping to get along to one of his games to see how he's travelling at the moment.

Without having read the article, I'd hazard a guess that BP was referring to the U16 championships, rather than the U18s.

You are correct- in an article a couple of weeks ago on the MFC website Barry Prendagast stated he looked forward to seeing Jack Viney- however is not playing this year.

'jayceebee31', he may be in this >

http://www.afl.com.a...22/default.aspx

PS: Sorry Mikey J, I just read your post.

Edited by dee-luded

We're a big chance of ending up with pick 8, 10, 12 or 14. Still enough of a carrot to renew my drafting interest. Day or Darling would be nice. But very little chance of either slipping to 8 or 10.

I liked a guy called Watson from Vic Metro-16th July 92 birth-194 cms 98 kls.starred last game against WA. Played on Darling and beat him. Got a good build-reasonable pace,stong excellent kick and can play re back or forward .Currently playing for Calder Cannons -will be well groomed.Jason McCarthy has been putting time into him.

I liked a guy called Watson from Vic Metro-16th July 92 birth-194 cms 98 kls.starred last game against WA. Played on Darling and beat him. Got a good build-reasonable pace,stong excellent kick and can play re back or forward .Currently playing for Calder Cannons -will be well groomed.Jason McCarthy has been putting time into him.

I missed the Metro game but caught the Vic Country - Adelaide game. I liked Josh Walker 194cm CHF, number 34. He was in everything early but ran out of puff. Strong frame, mobile, takes a great grab, a nice kick and loves to lay tackles.

I have no idea if recruiters are discussing him but he made an impression on me

EDIT: Just found this article

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-3020-0-0-0&sID=59337&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=11752281&sectionID=59337

Edited by dandeeman

Did you get to see SA play 'JCB31'?

Zac Fitzgerald anyone?

Did you get to see SA play 'JCB31'?

Zac Fitzgerald anyone?

Played ok- not as good as Watson for Vic Metro- Back to Javk Viney.He has been playing for Noth Adelaide Reserves whilst still eligable for Under 16's.So you are right re BP must have been referring to Under 16 carnival. This means he will not be drafted in 2012,to play 2013.Comments from North Adelaide site says....ROUND 6 MACCA’S CUP MOST VALUABLE PLAYER

From the SANFL - Melanie Reid

Congratulations to Jack Viney from North Adelaide Football Club for winning the Round 6 Macca’s Cup Most Valuable Player award.

The 16 year old, who wore guernsey number 20 on the weekend, played a very strong all-round game at Macca’s Cup level for a player still eligible for the U16 competition.

He amassed 40 touches and kicked two goals in North’s 29-point victory over Central District.

Judges said the 2009 SANFL/SSSSA U16 State Team member demonstrated hardness at the ball and at the opposition throughout the match.

He wins a Skins garment and a Macca’s prize backpack complete with hat, towel and drink bottle courtesy of McDonald’s.

Therefore we need to recruit tall psitional players over the next two drafts IMO.

Played ok- not as good as Watson for Vic Metro- Back to Javk Viney.He has been playing for Noth Adelaide Reserves whilst still eligable for Under 16's.So you are right re BP must have been referring to Under 16 carnival. This means he will not be drafted in 2012,to play 2013.Comments from North Adelaide site says....ROUND 6 MACCA'S CUP MOST VALUABLE PLAYER

From the SANFL - Melanie Reid

Congratulations to Jack Viney from North Adelaide Football Club for winning the Round 6 Macca's Cup Most Valuable Player award.

The 16 year old, who wore guernsey number 20 on the weekend, played a very strong all-round game at Macca's Cup level for a player still eligible for the U16 competition.

He amassed 40 touches and kicked two goals in North's 29-point victory over Central District.

Judges said the 2009 SANFL/SSSSA U16 State Team member demonstrated hardness at the ball and at the opposition throughout the match.

He wins a Skins garment and a Macca's prize backpack complete with hat, towel and drink bottle courtesy of McDonald's.

Therefore we need to recruit tall psitional players over the next two drafts IMO.

Thanks mate. By the way,, If I recall correctly, I think Connolly said, somewhere, that they may try to get him over a year early father & son, next season.

I don't recall the whole thing, I remember someone posted a bit of information about this, but I know no detail.

It would be good If we could pick him in the 2012 draft.

Thanks mate. By the way,, If I recall correctly, I think Connolly said, somewhere, that they may try to get him over a year early father & son, next season.

I don't recall the whole thing, I remember someone posted a bit of information about this, but I know no detail.

It would be good If we could pick him in the 2012 draft.

Firstly,it is my opinion - they (MFC) will try to get him across for the 2012 year. However, he may be able to do part of a pre season with us. Chris Johnson came over as a 16 year old and done the same.However he will not be able to be drafted as a MFC PLAYER TILL 2012.

Looking at the carnival itself, I went and watched all the games that we had in Victoria with the view of looking at who we may recruit. I basically looked at talls.

These are the ones- that I liked overall.One exception to the talls is a devoted Dee supporter who would love to be picked up-Andrew Gaff- born -16 June 92, 183 -78 in weight. Absolutely was a star over the whole carnival, starred in South Africa would make an absolute gun running small defender whom can run throuh the guts.

Plenty of talls have shown up--I believe the best and most picked will come from here but SA will have plenty .Well more than WA.

Talls to be considered are: (SA)

Gorringe- a S.A-198 athletic tall- whom can play ruck and can play all key positional roles.I think he will go top3.

Day- 195 cm,90 kl whom can play at both back and front.However a more a backman at this stage.

Patrick McCarthy-194/ 79 kl a very athletic back whom will develop into a top class footballer.

Zac Fitzgerald- versatile tall 192/85 whom Deeluded liked alot.

From Vic Country.

Josh Walker 194 cm/84 kl whom played on the forward line and kicked well. Grandson of Peter who played CHB for Geelong in the 60's.

Lucas Cook- tremendous upside for this tall forward or back- 194 cm/82 who has the build to grow.Isaw him kick some sensational goals and yet star in another game at CHB.

Tom Lynch- 196 cm/86 tall forward comes from Dandenong showed real class and a real smokie in my opinion.Born in October 92 so could grow a little more and has body to fill out.

Cameron Delaney 191/ 81 kl backman.

From Vic Metro-Darcy Barden was the best tall IMO- 192/91 could trim down a little but put on muscle.Can also play back.

Alex Johnson,CHB-how is not frightened to come forward and kick goals.Could definately turn out to be an excellent tall-192/ 80 a real dark horse.

A Mathew Watson, nephew of Steve Allesio former ruckman at Essendon is the one that impressed me the most.194,99 born July 92 therefore currently 17 whom really shone in defence.Great kick .I rated him better than Hurley when he played two years ago.

Jack Darling, 190/86 born June 92 is a star already however how much upside is questionable.However is like Rich will be a ready made player straight away.

A small forward really took my eye from Tasmania -Charlie RIEWOLDT-183 cm/74 kl brother of Jack born sept 92 so has upside to grow. Will be another to star later on.

Andrew Phillips a tall ruckman who could play as a tall forward also impressed me from Tas- 200/91 however an overage July 91 could also get picked up.

Joseph Groenewegan ,198 back/ruck a former son of a Bulldog may also be looked at.

No doubt several others not named will be looked at- however I just thought I would share some of the players whom we may looked at--At least a lot of talls to be considered.And my last predictions.Most players drafted will come from Oakleigh Chargers.

Edited by jayceebee31

Firstly,it is my opinion - they (MFC) will try to get him across for the 2012 year. However, he may be able to do part of a pre season with us. Chris Johnson came over as a 16 year old and done the same.However he will not be able to be drafted as a MFC PLAYER TILL 2012.

Looking at the carnival itself, I went and watched all the games that we had in Victoria with the view of looking at who we may recruit. I basically looked at talls.

These are the ones- that I liked overall.One exception to the talls is a devoted Dee supporter who would love to be picked up-Andrew Gaff- born -16 June 92, 183 -78 in weight. Absolutely was a star over the whole carnival, starred in South Africa would make an absolute gun running small defender whom can run throuh the guts.

Plenty of talls have shown up--I believe the best and most picked will come from here but SA will have plenty .Well more than WA.

Gorringe- a S.A-198 athletic tall- whom can play ruck and can play all key positional roles.I think he will go top3.

Day- 195 cm,90 kl whom can play at both back and front.However a more a backman at this stage.

Patrick McCarthy-194/ 79 kl a very athletic back whom will develop into a top class footballer.

From Vic Country.

Josh Walker 194 cm/84 kl whom played on the forward line and kicked well. Grandson of Peter who played CHB for Geelong in the 60's.

Lucas Cook- tremendous upside for this tall forward or back- 194 cm/82 who has the build to grow.Isaw him kick some sensational goals and yet star in another game at CHB.

Tom Lynch- 196 cm/86 tall forward comes from Dandenong showed real class and a real smokie in my opinion.Born in October 92 so could grow a little more and has body to fill out.

From Vic Metro-Darcy Barden was the best tall IMO- 192/91 could trim down a little but put on muscle.Can also play back.

Alex Johnson,CHB-how is not frightened to come forward and kick goals.Could definately turn out to be an excellent tall-192/ 80 a real dark horse.

A Mathew Watson, nephew of Steve Allesio former ruckman at Essendon is the one that impressed me the most.194,99 born July 92 therefore currently 17 whom really shone in defence.Great kick .I rated him better than Hurley when he played two years ago.

Jack Darling, 190/86 born June 92 is a star already however how much upside is questionable.However is like Rich will be a ready made player straight away.

A small forward really took my eye from Tasmania -Charlie RIEWOLDT-183 cm/74 kl brother of Jack born sept 92 so has upside to grow. Will be another to star later on.

Andrew Phillips a tall ruckman who could play as a tall forward also impressed me from Tas- 200/91 however an overage July 91 could also get picked up.

Joseph Groenewegan ,198 back/ruck a former son of a Bulldog may also be looked at.

No doubt several others not named will be looked at- however I just thought I would share some of the players whom we may looked at--At least a lot of talls to be considered.

Thanks for the report 'jayceebee31'.

IMO we need Tall bookends. We need that tall up front who can also crash the pack but as I keep saying he needs to be versatile, so when we need to, we can rotate, up to 3 key posi's around.

Looking forward, I think we need to look @ another Main tall defender to replace Warnock in 2 years time. What I mean is I think Frawley will end up @ Full Back. I wonder if Riv will still be in the 1st, 3 tall defenders in 2 years time,,, or can McNamara step up to the 3rd tall defender role.

I think Morton can play CHB @ least from time to time, when he gets Bigger. He would also play leadup CHF, switching between these roles depending on matchups.

PS: Did you notice if Zac Fitzgerald had pace, or not?

I don't think we'd get a look @ S Day. There seems to be quite a few Talls this year to pick from. Lets hope we get one or two & do well.

Thanks for the report 'jayceebee31'.

IMO we need Tall bookends. We need that tall up front who can also crash the pack but as I keep saying he needs to be versatile, so when we need to, we can rotate, up to 3 key posi's around.

Looking forward, I think we need to look @ another Main tall defender to replace Warnock in 2 years time. What I mean is I think Frawley will end up @ Full Back. I wonder if Riv will still be in the 1st, 3 tall defenders in 2 years time,,, or can McNamara step up to the 3rd tall defender role.

I think Morton can play CHB @ least from time to time, when he gets Bigger. He would also play leadup CHF, switching between these roles depending on matchups.

PS: Did you notice if Zac Fitzgerald had pace, or not?

I don't think we'd get a look @ S Day. There seems to be quite a few Talls this year to pick from. Lets hope we get one or two & do well.

Fitzgerald is quite athletic with good solid pace- however felt a few were in front of him for us.Agree that we definately need a tall back & at least one tall forward.

Edited by jayceebee31

One exception to the talls is a devoted Dee supporter who would love to be picked up-Andrew Gaff- born -16 June 92, 183 -78 in weight. Absolutely was a star over the whole carnival, starred in South Africa would make an absolute gun running small defender whom can run throuh the guts.

I know Gaff, and as much as i would love him to be running around in a dees jumper next year, there is no chance in hell. He'll be top 5 pick if not shortly after. GC have had lengthy talks with him and a near certain to pick him up.

From Vic Country.

No doubt several others not named will be looked at- however I just thought I would share some of the players whom we may looked at--At least a lot of talls to be considered.And my last predictions.Most players drafted will come from Oakleigh Chargers.

Thanks for that summary. It's really handy for those of us who don;t get to see these players to have a rundown of who's who every now and then.

Would Lynch be related to the one picked up by the Saints (it was the Saints wasn't it?)?

Going solely on the info you have given us I like the look of both Lynch and Darling from that group. Both should be doable with our picks, and they have good size about them. Obviously I can't speak for their ability, but you give them both decent writ-ups.

I know Gaff, and as much as i would love him to be running around in a dees jumper next year, there is no chance in hell. He'll be top 5 pick if not shortly after. GC have had lengthy talks with him and a near certain to pick him up.

I didn't say we would get him, just said I'd like to get him.

Thanks for that summary. It's really handy for those of us who don;t get to see these players to have a rundown of who's who every now and then.

Would Lynch be related to the one picked up by the Saints (it was the Saints wasn't it?)?

Going solely on the info you have given us I like the look of both Lynch and Darling from that group. Both should be doable with our picks, and they have good size about them. Obviously I can't speak for their ability, but you give them both decent writ-ups.

Name sakes -Tom Lynch do not seem related -one has long blondish hair the other red head- one is taller and better built- being the non Sainter.He could be a good get later in the draft. He shows definate promise.

Jack Viney is playing in the national U16 titles which start up here in Sydney next week. I'm hoping to get along to one of his games to see how he's travelling at the moment.

Without having read the article, I'd hazard a guess that BP was referring to the U16 championships, rather than the U18s.

NAB AFL U-16 C'SHIPS

SOUTH AUSTRALIA 16.14 (110)

VIC METRO 14.7 (91)

Goals: SA: B Kennedy 5 J Viney 3 T Schiller B Hayes M McMahon S

Mayes A Spina T Menzel T McKay T Whittlesea. Vic Metro: J Daniher 5

R Atkins 2 N Hrovat 2 K Jaksch A Bonaddio D Bailey A Piva.

Best: SA: J Viney B Kennedy B Grundy N Amato J Sinor H Montgomery C

Black. Vic Metro: J Daniher J O'Rourke F Brancatisano N Vlastuin K

Posar.

Edited by jacey

NAB AFL U-16 C'SHIPS

SOUTH AUSTRALIA 16.14 (110)

VIC METRO 14.7 (91)

Goals: SA: B Kennedy 5 J Viney 3 T Schiller B Hayes M McMahon S

Mayes A Spina T Menzel T McKay T Whittlesea. Vic Metro: J Daniher 5

R Atkins 2 N Hrovat 2 K Jaksch A Bonaddio D Bailey A Piva.

Best: SA: J Viney B Kennedy B Grundy N Amato J Sinor H Montgomery C

Black. Vic Metro: J Daniher J O'Rourke F Brancatisano N Vlastuin K

Posar.

Thanks Jacey. Just read an article on this years draft and at the end it mentioned 2 father son's for the 2012 draft that dominated the under 16 game. Viney and Daniher. Daniher is Tony's son and can go to two teams. Thankfully Viney is all ours (if he wants to be)! Hopefully the article link works..........

This years draft

Possible draft picks have been highlighted here as possible top picks-25 named

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/97612/default.aspx

Edited by jayceebee31