Dunn is a GUN!!!

Guest Cougar Magic

When Dunn was in his first year there was some clasy highlights that reminded me of a young Schartz sorry.He was very promising in his first year and that was when he was played in foward line

How old are you? I'm asking you this to gauge whether you actually saw live Schwartz pre knee ops. When Dunn started playing there was nothing in his game which resembled Schwartz, who was Carey-esque in his domination in the air. He was also extrenely mobile and very, very physical. Their builds were also completely different.

I'm wondering what part of Schwartzs game you're basing your opinion on.

IMO he is far from a gun, but he is far from our worst players too. So far this year I have been impressed with his work rate and the way he presented, yeah he missed some goals but his not the loan ranger.

That would be the Lone Ranger wouldn't it? Unless you're suggesting he's thinking of a move to mortgage broking if he can't find a spot up forward.

Anyway, to the main point, he deserves a chance - mobile and better overhead than most of our prospects. He's had enough run-with roles to learn the defensive side of forward play, although as noted elsewhere, the former LyonHeart of Melbourne thinks that's gone too far.

But let's cut down the hyperbole. Schwarter Mark 2 he ain't. I have never seen him levitate the way the pre-knee number 5 did.

But he is worth a go and it's overdue.

Well then, he's a monty to win a Coleman.

Look. I'm hardly one to have a go at someone for unabashed enthusiasm... And I don't mean to be critical of you CM, more power to you...

But I'm getting sick of posters on here coming out saying he's going to be the next big thing as a forward because:

A: He's tall.

B: He's put on weight.

C: He's fit.

D: He can kick it long.

Other than B and maybe C he's been all of those things since he came to the club, and despite Freak's best efforts... He HAAAAS been tried forward, a whole lot, and has been found wanting.

Cast your mind back to earlier this year when he WAS playing forward. He was actually getting a fair bit of it, and due in part to his lack of accuracy, he was dropped. I thought he was stiff at the time, but hey... it happens to most players in their earlier years.

So he kicks 8 in the VFL? Great. He's an instant call-up, even if we had a functioning forward line. But people have to be laughing if they think he's suddenly the answer at FF or CHF for us. He has a VERY long way to go, and has shown only bits and pieces as a forward. He was out of the side for a reason folks. And this isn't a big knock on the kid. I think he'd probably agree, he wasn't playing all that great before he was dropped. And I'm all for him smashing it on Monday, for sure, but fair go... Let's try calling a spade a spade for once?

Paul Johnson, Dappa?

Guest Cougar Magic

Look i just think he's got to be given a better go and by saying he moves a bit like Schartz might be exaggerated but he does look a bit like him and over his career he has kicked some classy goals. IMO opinion he's just as good as Bate and even more mobile. He can also help out Jamar in the ruck.

Look i just think he's got to be given a better go and by saying he moves a bit like Schartz might be exaggerated but he does look a bit like him and over his career he has kicked some classy goals. IMO opinion he's just as good as Bate and even more mobile. He can also help out Jamar in the ruck.

You're wrong.

The very fact that you likened Dunn to the Ox in his early days says everything I need to know about your footy IQ.

Dunn looks like a footy player but his execution and decision making leave; much to be required and him in the VFL.

If he is as arrogant as you intimate with his 'tell the coach' quip, then I suggest he deal with his issues and show Bailey what he can do in an AFL game.

Lord knows Bailey isn't the only person not to see what Lyndon sees.

Edited by rpfc

Guest Cougar Magic

Didnt you READ what i said RPFC. Didnt I say that i might over exagerrated comparing him to the Ox. It just shows that your comprehension skills arent very good and will need improving.

Didnt you READ what i said RPFC. Didnt I say that i might over exagerrated comparing him to the Ox. It just shows that your comprehension skills arent very good and will need improving.

Fair enough CM, apologies if I came across too strong. Schwartz pre injuries was an awesome player.

There's no doubt that Dunn has improved this year, although he is coming off a very low base. Perhaps he has more improvment in him, 12 months ago I wouldn't have thought so, and let's face it, it's not like we've got a plethora of options down forward.

Guest Cougar Magic

No worries mate,no hard feelings.I probably took it too seriously but yeah we all agree that we havent got to many options up foward other than Green with Jurrah and Petterd out so we probably got to give him another go.

Edited by Cougar Magic

If you watch Dunn play his "tuff" stuff (if you want to call it that) is always directed at the man he has his eyes on. Really good players only have eyes for the ball. Just look at Petterd. He and Dunn are probably of similar talent but Petterd will attack the football regardless of the players around him. Until Dunn learns to do this he will only be a good VFL player.

Guest Cougar Magic

That's a pretty good point. He's just got to use his potential because we need a foward to stand up other than Green with Jurrah and Petterd out.

Guest Cougar Magic

Hopefully he can turn the corner because his VFL review sounded real good. Everything that was written in it is what the good key fowards do so hopefully he can transfer that to AFL Level.

Edited by Cougar Magic