• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Another Delisting Poll

Yencks

Stay or Go at seasons end? Your opinion  

193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Simple really, if you think they should stay or go at years end, make up your mind...

I ran out of space so had to put all of the rookies under the one "question"...

Also ran out of space for Jamar so if you read this state whether you think he should stay or go at seasons end.

Simple really, if you think they should stay or go at years end, make up your mind...

I ran out of space so had to put all of the rookies under the one "question"...

Also ran out of space for Jamar so if you read this state whether you think he should stay or go at seasons end.

Again, a lot comes down to who is under contract for next year.

Also, to clarify, can anyone tell me how long we are able to keep Valenti on the rookie list

There's a few in there that are under contract, they should be removed. I laughed out loud at the Bruce one. Can't believe there are still numb nuts on here that think he's even possible to be nominated to be axed. He'll be top 3 or 4 in the B&F this year. Clowns.

All in all, the Bruce ridiculousness aside, if the point was to highlight how difficult delisting might be this year, then it's well made. There's going to be a couple of names gone that we didn't want to see off the list.

Very surprised at the McDonald result. He must stay in my opinion. He is playing well enough and he is the perfect example I want the younger guys to be looking up to. I would be very surprised and somewhat dissappointed if he was to go.

I wish we could move past the ridiculous notion that contracted players can or will be delisted. You can scratch Bell, Bruce, Dunn, PJ, Meesen and Newton off your list.

whilst they cant be delisted..they can be moved...i.e traded. So the notion is quite valid :rolleyes:

Very surprised at the McDonald result. He must stay in my opinion. He is playing well enough and he is the perfect example I want the younger guys to be looking up to. I would be very surprised and somewhat dissappointed if he was to go.

I'm one that voted 'Go' for Jmac, but i think the wording of 'stay' and 'go' is too simple and disrespectful to who he is. I think it's a chance for him to move on when he's still a good contributor for the team, IMO the last few years of retirees has been depressingly sad in the way they've bowed out. Neitz retired after a serious neck injury ended his career and Yze and White's farewell games were charity and we got slaughtered by the tigers.

I want him to go out better than that.

actually I think the idea of stay or go is quite simply apt. It removes all sentiment and everything else and simply strips it bare to the reality of ...stay or go. When you get down to it thats what happens.

I think Junior might want to seriously appraise as to the benefits ( to the club ) of going on. There is no vindictive or vitriol in this..just a cold hard clinical evaluation of merit in the proceeding.

Maybe there is sense and reward in him doing so. I voted he go. Itsnot a matter of respect or lack of..just my view he is part of an era ending

I think he's either prmoted and on the list or in all fairness let go.We know what he can do.. whats left to ascertain other than do we want him next year.

Again trading and balance hold the key to thic outcome.

Really should've left it to the 25 other threads that deal with the topic.

It's a pretty poor list as many of them are contracted, one has been told that he will no longer be on the list next year, one (Bruce) even if uncontracted would be kept on because he would move onto the Veteran's list and at my count 2 (Valenti, Spencer) of the rookies must now either be promoted or let go.

With the likes of Wheatas and Wheels already putting up their hands. With Robbo apparently not to be offered any continuation, with such peers as Lucas and Barry now deciding its time ( Norths Simpson already ) and undoubtedly some more to come. Is it unreasonable to postulate that Junior might be feeling that "that" time has come ?

Didn't Richo get another year?

you have a point.. but hes not played much of this year.. . I suppose only hindsight will show whether him going on is the good choice .

In all honesty Im happy for Junior to go around again, am happy for him to retire. Im wondering whether he has taken note of recent ( last few years ) departures at Melbourne and ajudged which were done with more dignity and aplomb :unsure:

I agree with the notion of Jmac staying for 1 more year if he WANTS to, as he is a good role model to his team mates.

Im not too sure if he should remain captain next year though, because even though i may want him to stay on the list for 1 more year, doesnt mean he will be playing every game. Can still be a leader without being named captain.

I wish we could move past the ridiculous notion that contracted players can or will be delisted. You can scratch Bell, Bruce, Dunn, PJ, Meesen and Newton off your list.

look below

whilst they cant be delisted..they can be moved...i.e traded. So the notion is quite valid :rolleyes:

exactly

actually I think the idea of stay or go is quite simply apt. It removes all sentiment and everything else and simply strips it bare to the reality of ...stay or go. When you get down to it thats what happens.

I think Junior might want to seriously appraise as to the benefits ( to the club ) of going on. There is no vindictive or vitriol in this..just a cold hard clinical evaluation of merit in the proceeding.

Maybe there is sense and reward in him doing so. I voted he go. Itsnot a matter of respect or lack of..just my view he is part of an era ending

That was the idea of the thread...none of the other threads focus on particular players...this thread was clearly about whether you think they should be gone at seasons end or not...not about whether they actually will be gone at seasons end.

Really should've left it to the 25 other threads that deal with the topic.

It's a pretty poor list as many of them are contracted, one has been told that he will no longer be on the list next year, one (Bruce) even if uncontracted would be kept on because he would move onto the Veteran's list and at my count 2 (Valenti, Spencer) of the rookies must now either be promoted or let go.

Another thread critique...

In bold is where you have missed the point of the thread...it was about whether you/we we think that they should be gone at seasons end (not whether or not they actually will)

and the other problem with what you said is that there have been countless examples of players been traded/delisted at seasons end regardless of their contract status (woewodin, carroll etc) plus the fact that players may choose to retire.

and on bruce, the reason i put him there was to gauge peoples' opinions on him and see how much influence those such as Yze Magic have had...at this stage, quite a few people have actually voted "go"...and FWIW, i didnt.

I wanted this to be an opinion thread and i have tried to put up almost every player that has been discussed in these sort of circumstances over the last six months, so as to make a thread that is all encompassing of everyones opinion.

Cant delist everyone. 5 to come in and 5 to go out.

Not necessarily...because if we want valenti and spencer to be promoted to the senior list, we have to make two more spots and hence 7 could be on the way out to make way for the five new "recruits" and the two rookie promotions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not that there has been anything too rude, but if you don't like a thread or find it pointless, just don't read it and don't complain about it unless you have a contructive suggestion

Edited by Nugget Jones

Another thread critique...

In bold is where you have missed the point of the thread...it was about whether you/we we think that they should be gone at seasons end (not whether or not they actually will)

and the other problem with what you said is that there have been countless examples of players been traded/delisted at seasons end regardless of their contract status (woewodin, carroll etc) plus the fact that players may choose to retire.

and on bruce, the reason i put him there was to gauge peoples' opinions on him and see how much influence those such as Yze Magic have had...at this stage, quite a few people have actually voted "go"...and FWIW, i didnt.

I took the thread by the title - another delisting poll. I find it fairly innane conversation if we're talking about things that we do not think will happen. I could just as easily say, hey, we've grown our list size to 50 and all could say - not going to happen.

You cannot seriously compare Newton, Bell etc. to Woewodin, a Brownlow Medalist who was let go as much for how much we were paying him as much as what was happening to his football. The Woey scenario also underlines why clubs are reticent to do it because we had to continue paying so much of his salary.

Likewise the Carroll scenario. Completely irrelevant with these players as Carroll had himself made his position at the MFC untenable and agreed to be let go as much to save face as anything else.

And please, this tripe about Y_M "influencing" those who have a go at Bruce is utterly ridiculous.

Why is it always about Bruce? Have those that have a problem with Miller been influenced by Freak? People are able to form opinions on their own, it's a magical thing.

Sorry NJ, but to think that fringe players in the 16th best team in the league can just be magically traded away to some poor sucker club is highly optimistic.

And based on our not-very-extensive activity in recent trade weeks it is hard to imagine that we will be trading anyone. And in the last uncompromised draft the only clubs that will be trading away their picks will be the teams that will be challenging for a flag in the next 2-3 years; can you imagine Adelaide/Bulldogs/Collingwood seeing any value in PJ/Bell/Newton/Meesen etc?

So for this thread to be of most benefit it should only include those who are uncontracted for next season as it is very likely that they will be the only ones that we can use to free up space for new draftees.

I took the thread by the title - another delisting poll. I find it fairly innane conversation if we're talking about things that we do not think will happen.

Fair enough, that's fine, but I still think that if you dont like it, then dont bother reading through it all and then complaining about it.

You cannot seriously compare Newton, Bell etc. to Woewodin, a Brownlow Medalist who was let go as much for how much we were paying him as much as what was happening to his football. The Woey scenario also underlines why clubs are reticent to do it because we had to continue paying so much of his salary.

Likewise the Carroll scenario. Completely irrelevant with these players as Carroll had himself made his position at the MFC untenable and agreed to be let go as much to save face as anything else.

I dont care about the calibre of the player. The fact is, it doesn't matter if a player is under contract or not, there is no gaurantee that they will be playing at the club at the end of the season, even if it is unlikely for them not to be there.

I think there is definately some merit in the discussion of whether or not one thinks it is good to have someone at the club at seasons end.

And please, this tripe about Y_M "influencing" those who have a go at Bruce is utterly ridiculous.

Why is it always about Bruce? Have those that have a problem with Miller been influenced by Freak? People are able to form opinions on their own, it's a magical thing.

Wow...I had no idea people were able to form their own opinion. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Of course people form their own opinions but you are kidding yourself if you don't think peoples' opinions on this site can be influenced by others. It happens all the time here. There is some crazy belief on this site that you should form your own opinion and stick to it. The reason I come here is to read peoples' thoughts and my opinions have changed many times due to good arguments/facts.

You have even said stuff before that I have based an opinion on because I think you may have made a good point in the past.

Yze Magic was used as an extreme example, but I still know there are people out there that think Bruce's time at the MFC should be up so I thought it would be interesting to name him...example? 11 people so far have voted "go" next to his name.

Sorry NJ, but to think that fringe players in the 16th best team in the league can just be magically traded away to some poor sucker club is highly optimistic.

And based on our not-very-extensive activity in recent trade weeks it is hard to imagine that we will be trading anyone. And in the last uncompromised draft the only clubs that will be trading away their picks will be the teams that will be challenging for a flag in the next 2-3 years; can you imagine Adelaide/Bulldogs/Collingwood seeing any value in PJ/Bell/Newton/Meesen etc?

So for this thread to be of most benefit it should only include those who are uncontracted for next season as it is very likely that they will be the only ones that we can use to free up space for new draftees.

Maybe the title of the poll is misleading as others have mentioned but the point of this thread was to discuss whether we think it would be better off if particular players were gone or not at seasons end...

The votes have shown the stats that I wanted to see when making the poll...peoples opinions on players playing at the club next year.