Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bummers win

Dappa Dan

Ease up, tiger. Its clear you caught St Kilda off their guard, whilst the Bombers played well, when St Kilda turned the screws in the last quarters the Bombers were coughing it up ad nauseum. If they'd lost it wouldve been an epic choke, as it is a wayward Riewoldt kick sees it as a famous victory.

P.S. please keep your rantings about Essendon brief as this is a Melbourne board and we do not care about the opinions of opponents.

In Ash's defence, he's been coming on here as a loyal "2nd favourite team" fan for a long time. He never posts about the bombers unless provoked (which he has been, really), or unless we ask him to provide some insight. He's earned a few brownie points, and is why people generally let him have his say in regards to the bombers.

Put it this way, if you were a regular on an opposition site, would you return fire if there was undue criticism?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So am i supposed to be Mortified if Essendon Get Smashed in an elimination Final am i??

No Sympathy, look forward to carving you up in years to come-We owe you quite a few.

Couldn't give a toss what you think about our chances in the finals.

And yeah, you do owe us quite a few. Enjoy it if it happens.

In Ash's defence, he's been coming on here as a loyal "2nd favourite team" fan for a long time. He never posts about the bombers unless provoked (which he has been, really), or unless we ask him to provide some insight. He's earned a few brownie points, and is why people generally let him have his say in regards to the bombers.

Put it this way, if you were a regular on an opposition site, would you return fire if there was undue criticism?

Thanks DD.

I am obviously biased, but I just can't believe how anyone couldn't give Essendon credit for yesterdays performance.

I would be interested in peoples opinion on here if the identical thing happened in Round 22.

I reckon "best win in 10 years" would get thrown around a bit.

Although the "I can't believe we have lost the priority pick" threads would come thick and fast.

Ash 34 is one opposition fan I'd happily hear opinions from.

He's a quality poster who is more level headed than many on here.

I do feel (though I may be biased) that you caught them off guard, but 100% credit to your club for blitzing them like they did.

The Saints were always going to launch a challenge, a fact made easier by the Bombers having 4 injured players. You may say the Saints were unlucky not to win, but had Prismall's kick gone through it wouldn't have mattered.

Ash, I do feel that Lucas being out is pretty irrelevant and that Lloyd is over the hill. Hille, speaking of him, is a big out but the team has had plenty of time to acclimatise to not having him in the 22.

Ash, I do feel that Lucas being out is pretty irrelevant and that Lloyd is over the hill. Hille, speaking of him, is a big out but the team has had plenty of time to acclimatise to not having him in the 22.

yeah, I'll cop Lucas. He is finished.

Lloyd, while obviously nowhere near the player he was, still would take a good defender which would take a bit of heat off Jay Neagle. Plus, he is our captain.

As for Hille, Ryder has been a revelation, but is showing signs of tiring.

So while the team has acclimatised to a certain extend, and Ryders performances have been a bonus, Hille would certainty make our team better, especially with Ryder going down with an injury yesterday.

Big opportunity in the ruck for Tom Bellchambers, Ash?

Pre-drafting, he's a player i was hoping would end up at Melbourne on the RL, how have u seen his progress so far this year? Has spent some time out injured, but could be a player. Interested in your thoughts.

A bit like us, your ruck stocks are scraping the bottom of the barrell. Hooker is no ruckman and though I haven't seen him, I have heard from a Bomber mate that the other ruck u have, Nathan Bock is 200cm+ yet weighs less than 80kg?

And sorry to others for the unneccessary Bomber chat, i do like following opposition club ruckmen, and we might need one... ;)

Very good win by the Bombers yesterday, and they should be given full credit for knocking off what seemed to be an unbeatable unit. Reiwolts kick may have won it for them, but it was only moments earlier that Prismall missed a gettable shot to seal the game for the Bombers anyway. They deserved that win, as they were easily the better team on the day, and beat the Saints at their own game.

Any team able to smash the Saints midfield deserves alot of credit.

And even though I dont rate him as highly as alot of other people do, Jobe Watson was brilliant yesterday.

Dont listen to people downplaying the victory Ash. Enjoy it, as it was a fantastic upset and I know I'd be bragging!

I was really hoping they wouldn't...I probably hate them more than Collingwood. It would have been hilarious if they had thrown it on the siren again. Still, I hope they just miss out again.

Big opportunity in the ruck for Tom Bellchambers, Ash?

Pre-drafting, he's a player i was hoping would end up at Melbourne on the RL, how have u seen his progress so far this year? Has spent some time out injured, but could be a player. Interested in your thoughts.

A bit like us, your ruck stocks are scraping the bottom of the barrell. Hooker is no ruckman and though I haven't seen him, I have heard from a Bomber mate that the other ruck u have, Nathan Bock is 200cm+ yet weighs less than 80kg?

And sorry to others for the unneccessary Bomber chat, i do like following opposition club ruckmen, and we might need one... ;)

Bellchambers has a dip but is a bit limited.

Kinda reminds me of Brent Renouf without the motor.

And it's Christian Bock (Nathan players for Adelaide and is his brother).

205cm and 80 kg dripping wet if he's lucky!

Couldn't give a toss what you think about our chances in the finals.

And yeah, you do owe us quite a few. Enjoy it if it happens.

No worries Ash, i will enjoy those moments & they will Happen!!!

And our Home Ground will be a packed house.

You're ok, it's just that i cannot ever get enthused about Essendon!

Your Captain is an actor, You had Far too many snipers in your teams AND...

You allowed the Filth to win the 1990 Flag! So i detest your club!!!

Bellchambers has a dip but is a bit limited.

Kinda reminds me of Brent Renouf without the motor.

And it's Christian Bock (Nathan players for Adelaide and is his brother).

205cm and 80 kg dripping wet if he's lucky!

That's right, i meant to write Nathan Bock's brother...

Weighing that little and being that tall, must look strange... :blink:

I'm not much of an Essendon enthusiast, but I've enjoyed watching them this year.

If I were a Bomber fan I'd be pretty thrilled with this season. They're on the improve, will play finals I think, even though they will likely do little when they get there.

But purely on a game by game basis, some of their wins this year have been alltime classics. They beat the Blues in a thriller. They steal the Anzac Day game against the Pies kicking 3 goals in time-on. The best way to beat the Pies. Absolutely brilliant. They thrash the defending premiers Hawthorn. And then knock off the undefeated Saints.

If in the coming seasons as the Dees begin to climb the ladder, we have a season like this, it will be a lot of fun.

Edited by Einstein

Unlike a lot of Demonlanders, I'm an Essendon fan (comes from having Essendon supporters in the family), and I was rapt to see them win yesterday. Mainly because they're the most deserving team of those vying for 8th spot. I'd cry if Hawthorn made it, Port Adelaide are a joke and should be in the bottom 4, and Sydney, while valiant, aren't good enough.

It was a gripping match from the accounts of those who were there. To hold off the best team in the comp at a ground at which they haven't lost in 18 months, with no bench and a fully fit 22 opponents, is a remarkable achievement. Full credit to them for doing what no one else can, and I really hope they make the finals (and hopefully beat Carlton).

In related news, this match made it the 4th consecutive week in which a match has been decided with a kick after the siren (Hawthorn-Geelong, Melbourne-Richmond, Essendon-Brisbane, Essendon-St Kilda). That's gotta be a record.

Unlike a lot of Demonlanders, I'm an Essendon fan (comes from having Essendon supporters in the family), and I was rapt to see them win yesterday. Mainly because they're the most deserving team of those vying for 8th spot. I'd cry if Hawthorn made it, Port Adelaide are a joke and should be in the bottom 4, and Sydney, while valiant, aren't good enough.

It was a gripping match from the accounts of those who were there. To hold off the best team in the comp at a ground at which they haven't lost in 18 months, with no bench and a fully fit 22 opponents, is a remarkable achievement. Full credit to them for doing what no one else can, and I really hope they make the finals (and hopefully beat Carlton).

In related news, this match made it the 4th consecutive week in which a match has been decided with a kick after the siren (Hawthorn-Geelong, Melbourne-Richmond, Essendon-Brisbane, Essendon-St Kilda). That's gotta be a record.

After the 2000 GF ime sorry but i do not hold your enthusiasm for such a team.

Infact they are a club i hope we can inflict a lot of pain & Misery upon over the next 20 years.

They deserve it. (Dean Wallis) The Defence Rests.

Yep, our ruck stocks are very slim due to injuries.

Hille, Laycock and now Ryder out for the rest of the season.

Bellchambers is still young and learning but will have to step up.

Christian Bock is a "project" player if ever there was one. He won't be ready for a year or two.

And just to clear up a couple of things, I don't have an issue with anyone getting on here and saying "I hate Essendon, they're the scum of the earth etc etc"

If you hate us, you hate us, and that's fine. I'm not here to change your mind.

The second thing is that I don't generally bring Essendon into my discussions on Demonland unless it's relevant. I appreciate that most on here don't care much for Essendon and don't have a desire to talk about them. But this thread was about Essendon [not started by me], so I thought on this thread alone, it was open slather on talking up the Bombers.

I suppose Essendon and Melbourne are in similar positions in that both lists are very young, both have young, fresh coaches, and both groups of supporters have alot of hope for the future.

The development of both lists will be fascinating to watch. I've had this discussion with some Melbourne mates before, but going forward I feel Essendon might shade Melbourne in key position stocks with the likes Pears, Hurley and [fingers crossed] Gumbleton, but with the injection of Scully and possibly another quality mid with pick 2, on top of Blease, Strauss, Jones, Grimes, Morton, McLean and Davey, Melbourne should develop a better midfield.

Ash, I for one completely feel that it's a good thing that you talk about the Bombers when they come up.

I have always been one to advocate that there should be more diverse discussion on here that is not so Melbourne-focused - to which I received the intelligent response that we shouldn't, "that's why it's called Demonland."

Yep, our ruck stocks are very slim due to injuries.

Hille, Laycock and now Ryder out for the rest of the season.

Bellchambers is still young and learning but will have to step up.

Christian Bock is a "project" player if ever there was one. He won't be ready for a year or two.

And just to clear up a couple of things, I don't have an issue with anyone getting on here and saying "I hate Essendon, they're the scum of the earth etc etc"

If you hate us, you hate us, and that's fine. I'm not here to change your mind.

The second thing is that I don't generally bring Essendon into my discussions on Demonland unless it's relevant. I appreciate that most on here don't care much for Essendon and don't have a desire to talk about them. But this thread was about Essendon [not started by me], so I thought on this thread alone, it was open slather on talking up the Bombers.

I suppose Essendon and Melbourne are in similar positions in that both lists are very young, both have young, fresh coaches, and both groups of supporters have alot of hope for the future.

The development of both lists will be fascinating to watch. I've had this discussion with some Melbourne mates before, but going forward I feel Essendon might shade Melbourne in key position stocks with the likes Pears, Hurley and [fingers crossed] Gumbleton, but with the injection of Scully and possibly another quality mid with pick 2, on top of Blease, Strauss, Jones, Grimes, Morton, McLean and Davey, Melbourne should develop a better midfield.

You're quite right this thread is about the Bombers.

There are alot (including me), that don't mind hearing from other supporters on this forum. Like Old Xav's from Colling#$d.

Anyway, it helps educate us on some players we may be unfamiliar with. Much like Pears who has burst onto the scene.

One thing a side needs is good key position defenders, you've certainly got them at Essendon in Pears and Hurley in partcular, and Ryder and Lovett Murray. I've said Essendon are well equiped to rebound strongly in the next couple of years. They're inconsistent at present, but their good games are very good. The only thing that leaves me concerned with the Bombers for the "good" is their forward options once Lloyd has gone. I think Lucas can be covered and is being covered.

Fletcher will be missed when gone. But what they have now will develop and cover the loss of him, by the time he does hang them up.

Is this a fair assessment?

Edited by High Tower

One thing a side needs is good key position defenders, you've certainly got them at Essendon in Pears and Hurley in partcular, and Ryder and Lovett Murray. I've said Essendon are well equiped to rebound strongly in the next couple of years. They're inconsistent at present, but their good games are very good. The only thing that leaves me concerned with the Bombers for the "good" is their forward options once Lloyd has gone. I think Lucas can be covered and is being covered.

Fletcher will be missed when gone. But what they have now will develop and cover the loss of him, by the time he does hang them up.

Very fair.

Fletcher will be a massive hole to fill, even with the development of Pears, Hurley and Hooker.

And I also have concerns for our forward structure. The club has attempted to put in a succession plan by drafting Jay Neagle, Scott Gumbleton and Darcy Daniher [who has kicked 5 & 3 goals in the last couple of weeks for Bendigo], but due to circumstances, I see an uncertain future. There is no guarantee that Gumbleton will ever get fit, and Neagle shows glimpses, but needs to develop some consistency. While Daniher has been unable to establish himself as a regular senior player yet.

Hurley can play forward, but I feel that when Fletcher retires, he will best serve us as a backman.

After the 2000 GF ime sorry but i do not hold your enthusiasm for such a team.

Oh please. You're upset about us losing to a team that had previously lost one match in the entire season? They were one of the best teams of the modern era. We were clearly the second best team that year.

Oh please. You're upset about us losing to a team that had previously lost one match in the entire season? They were one of the best teams of the modern era. We were clearly the second best team that year.

Course i am upset. We Lost the Grand Final, that's what it's all about.

We didn't even make the Finals the next year which in some ways was even sadder.

I was Pi$$ed off at that, & i hope all demon supporters were.

I hate the Bombers, but have to say I'm impressed how well they have been able to mold a competitive team without bottoming out.

That's, because they've had Lloyd, Lucas and Fletcher to get them across the line a few times. All it's really done is cost them a few draft picks. They haven't been in a finals race since they beat us in the elimination final of '04.

You're quite right this thread is about the Bombers.

There are alot (including me), that don't mind hearing from other supporters on this forum. Like Old Xav's from Colling#$d.

Anyway, it helps educate us on some players we may be unfamiliar with. Much like Pears who has burst onto the scene.

Unless the Bombers draft a key position gun, they're only ever going to be there abouts with this list. With Lloyd playing they're very one dimensional, without him, they'll have to rely on goals from the midfield, week in, week out. That's going to be tough. They've covered for him a couple of times this season, but it's about doing it for 22 Rounds, plus finals. I can't see them getting anywhere with this list...still, I could be wrong. I hope I'm right though.

Unless the Bombers draft a key position gun, they're only ever going to be there abouts with this list. With Lloyd playing they're very one dimensional, without him, they'll have to rely on goals from the midfield, week in, week out. That's going to be tough. They've covered for him a couple of times this season, but it's about doing it for 22 Rounds, plus finals. I can't see them getting anywhere with this list...still, I could be wrong. I hope I'm right though.

They rate gumbleton highly, so he could be that kp.

Also neagle is ok, bit to one demensional for me though.