My 3 word player analysis V Port Shower

joeboy

This could be just me and a few people i watch the games with -note i only get to watch the games on tv.

But Clint Bartram... is he a little bit over rated?

I know he acts as our tagger but other than that his disposal etc is very underwhelming.

I thought Dunn was ok, still cant for the life of me figure out why he is not left in our forward line.

Meeson was a shining light for me also. Was very pleased with what i saw.

Jones has really improved his disposal efficiency.

Davey was again fantastic.

Bruce did good but i still close my eyes every time i see his boot about to touch the ball, you never know what your going to get.

Got back from Adelaide after watching game live at AAMI, assiume a lot of comments were from watching the game of Fox, try drinking less beers.

Only take exception with the following:

Warnock had a really good game, with the bombs raining in, Rivers got caught out on Treadrea a couple of times but he had good game as well.

Jones was outstanding as was Bruce, even had a couple of Port supporters ask me who Jones was as they were impressed.

Jetta, what is wrong with you people, he is playing just outside the square, I counted a least a couple of tackles, and he chases and chases and covers, he got a nice goal and gets his hands on the ball.

Bennell was moved forward in the last qtr after a good game in defence and showed he is going to be a good player.

Bruce was outstanding, same with Davey and Green.

I was only disappointed in Sylvia (again0 and the middle, actually got the ball but looked 'slow' , Moloney, McLean need a somebody zippy next to them, Davey tries it but can't be everywhere.

Jonhson was underwhelming

Well as your report was apparently as a response to my 3 word analysis , I don't understand your snide comments about my observations being tainted by the consumption of beer ( which I don't drink ) From what I can gather your remarks were in almost total agreement to mine but only more wordy !

Guest petjud
Well as your report was apparently as a response to my 3 word analysis , I don't understand your snide comments about my observations being tainted by the consumption of beer ( which I don't drink ) From what I can gather your remarks were in almost total agreement to mine but only more wordy !

Joeboy I liked your three word assessment, comments were directed at more following posters, can't quote all of them.

The comments about Jetta from some people underwhelm me, because the camera follows the ball, they don't see his work off the ball.

Jones has been the best 'mid' in the last two games.

And the only protection Warnock could get when we turnover the ball so much is to put on a helmet and carry a gun, as the shells come bombing in, it must really annoy the crap out of the defence who battle to get the ball clear to midfield to watch it being turned over and come flying back in, at the end of the second quarter this is exactly what happened. Most of the goals were from turnovers. We were sat behind the goal and the body language from the defensive six remained positive, encouraging etc.

Miller who I forgot in the first post is not flawed, he has a heart and gives it his best shot, he looks flawed because the has the ball coming in at all sorts of angles and bounces, when it is laces out, he marks it everytime, same with Bate...DB in his assessment mentions Bennell and Jetta and the poor kicking.......nuff said

Martin played on Ebert all day and kept him to 11 ineffective possessions and no goals. I think his rating should be elevated to "good."

The most worrying for me is the lask of influence and/or form of Brock?? if not injured then is a big problem. MFC getting NO value out of 2 top draft picks in the same year!! PJ also lost form. Dunn has not come on either. As is 2nd year of DB coaching group there should be better signs from such players.

Far too much load on Jones, Green, Davey, Bruce and the defence! They can't keep it up all year!

Only logic I can see in the first 3 rounds is perhaps because missing several senior players giving all the untried players a go and conceding the games on the basis that there will be clear basis for a clean out at end of 2009 - Meesen, Newton, Sylvia, etc. plus getting some game time into the kids

Brock is either injured or not match fit. I guess DB could have given him a couple of runs at Casey to get match fitness and touch but with our long injury list and lack of leadership are reasons I am guessing he has gone with the latter.

PJ is also one that looks hindered and sruggling for fitness, again withour lack of big men DB is hoping he gains some fitness and starts to move a bit better.

Mclean will improve IMO with game time. PJ is a little more of a worry, he looks to be really struggling and we don't exactly have a plethora of big men.

And Tony, Newton won't be delisted at years end, got a 2 year contract at end of last year which left many scratching thier heads.

This could be just me and a few people i watch the games with -note i only get to watch the games on tv.

But Clint Bartram... is he a little bit over rated?

I know he acts as our tagger but other than that his disposal etc is very underwhelming.

Completely agree. Bartram's disposal is atrocious. You can almost see the panic on his face every time he takes possesion. He make Simon Godfrey' look like Nathan Buckley. He is not in our best 22 by a long shot. It's also becoming increasingly obvious that Brock is playing injured. If he's not, can someone explain to me what has happened to the limited pace he used to have? He lloks like he's walking out there.

Martin played on Ebert all day and kept him to 11 ineffective possessions and no goals. I think his rating should be elevated to "good."

And he got over half his possessions when he moved up the ground and Martin wasn't on him. I think he should be elevated to very good.

And he got over half his possessions when he moved up the ground and Martin wasn't on him. I think he should be elevated to very good.

It's great to see that Martin can play and keep up with people much smaller than him. I think he should play on someone about the size of Ebert every week because on taller players like Jack Anthony he struggles a bit more.

In hindsight not such bad loss given the opposition. Power probably are a top 4 chance this year. Touched up the hawks today by 5 goals without the burgoynes and their captain at the G. Could have been more at home.