Colin Sylvia- Complaints, Congratulations and Comments

Don24

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
This thread is a joke.

Colin has never had anything close to an AFL body. I am not talking in shape or physique, I am talking about all his groin problems that have never enabled him to the things on the field that he is capable of.

Now that he is finally up and running, you are gonna see him average 20 touches and boot 60 goals and take home the Bluey and All Australian honors.

And I will continue to bump this thread every time he shines.

thats not the only thing u hump, i mean bump, it will take him the next 3 seasons to kick 60 goals. :wacko:

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
This thread is a joke.

Colin has never had anything close to an AFL body. I am not talking in shape or physique, I am talking about all his groin problems that have never enabled him to the things on the field that he is capable of.

Now that he is finally up and running, you are gonna see him average 20 touches and boot 60 goals and take home the Bluey and All Australian honors.

And I will continue to bump this thread every time he shines.

Only if every time he plays like a girl I can bump it too. Happy to make a bet I get to do it more often than you, and even happier to lose.

I watched him a few times as a junior and thought he was going to be a good midfielder for us, I did not see the swans match but have always wondered when fit why he did not get short bursts through the midfield, i think as a permanent forward to gets lazy.

Guest Schtacker

His second half last week was superb

I am looking at the list and most players above him in age have never, or rarely, played a half of footy that good, and these aren't blokes who have been held back by injury. In fact most of the blokes younger haven't played a half like that either. None of them cop it like CS does. The reason, as has been stated, is because of his high draft pick - which is just rubbish.

I realise the question is his consistency, but the fact is we have seen more proof-in-the-pudding from Col Sylvia than most on the list. In one half there he did more than the likes of Jamar, Bell, Newton and Bartram have ever done. If he brings it together he is right amongst our best players and that's that.

His second half last week was superb

It was a practice game! :rolleyes:

I am looking at the list and most players above him in age have never, or rarely, played a half of footy that good, and these aren't blokes who have been held back by injury. In fact most of the blokes younger haven't played a half like that either. .........................

I realise the question is his consistency, but the fact is we have seen more proof-in-the-pudding from Col Sylvia than most on the list. In one half there he did more than the likes of Jamar, Bell, Newton and Bartram have ever done.

If he brings it together he is right amongst our best players and that's that.

Nonsense. He had a decent second half last year, but with dramatic errors, eg up-and-under late in the game against the bombers, that gave lloyd an easy sit and gaol.

He is reported to have had a good pre-season (sic), so he has his best chance. My view has nothing to do with his draft pick; it is to do with him being at the club for 5 years, and bugger all to show for it. ;)

None of them cop it like CS does. The reason, as has been stated, is because of his high draft pick - which is just rubbish.

No, what's rubbish is misrepresenting someone's opinion so that you can more easily dismiss it.

I realise the question is his consistency, but the fact is we have seen more proof-in-the-pudding from Col Sylvia than most on the list.

Unfortunately you've failed to mention fitness, 'footy smarts' (particularly positioning and attack on the contest), decision making, foot skills, hand skills (particularly when under pressure in close), etc.

In one half there he did more than the likes of Jamar, Bell, Newton and Bartram have ever done.

This seems one of the more bizarre points made in a while. First, it was a half. Second, it wasn't a great half (Bailey even commented on Sylvia's disposal by foot). Third, he may have showed more than me in that half but that's also little to crow about. You've picked out four fringe players, and none have been given more opportunities than Sylvia.

Only one is significantly older than Sylvia, and I speak of our friendly neigbourhood 'Russian' - a ruckman who has only secured a spot in the team when White was sent to Sandringham.

We reportedly tried to trade Jamar but no one was interested, and this is a type of player that can net you a 30's pick for an unproven player like Moran or Meesen. Congratulations, Colin. Of course, some might argue that Jamar, despite being a limited footballer, has done more for the team on a couple of occassions, but he's never been as flashy as Sylvia.

Daniel Bell's around the same age and I'd argue that Bell's game v Welsh was better than Sylvia's *half* yesterday, but backman are rarely given plaudits so i'll concede the point. Even if we accept your assertion, Bell's a fringe player who was only saved from being dropped on a number of occassions last year - and this is in the bottom side - due to our injury toll.

Newton's a fringe player who is a couple of years younger than Sylvia. Newton's also a KPP, which it's accepted take longer to develop. If I were Sylvia I wouldn't be taking your comparison as a great compliment.

Bartram's also a couple of years younger and lost a year of footy to a serious injury. He's no certainty for a best-18 spot but while he's not the most talented player he's looked more likely to carve out a particular role in the side than Sylvia has (and certainly if you compare his progress at 19 or 21 to where Sylvia was at).

Guest Schtacker

Nonsense. He had a decent second half last year, but with dramatic errors, eg up-and-under late in the game against the bombers, that gave lloyd an easy sit and gaol.

He is reported to have had a good pre-season (sic), so he has his best chance. My view has nothing to do with his draft pick; it is to do with him being at the club for 5 years, and bugger all to show for it. ;)

Is it really necessary to repeat the same sentence three times complete with the 'look at me i'm condescending a smartarse' emoticon?

A practice match involves 36 blokes on a field playing footy. It is not played with lacrosse sticks in zero gravity, and in this particular match CS showed off some superb play

Guest Schtacker
No, what's rubbish is misrepresenting someone's opinion so that you can more easily dismiss it.

You are arguing that average fan doesn't hold him to higher acccount because of his draft number? As obvious as the nose on your face can you even read the people who write exactly that

Unfortunately you've failed to mention fitness, 'footy smarts' (particularly positioning and attack on the contest), decision making, foot skills, hand skills (particularly when under pressure in close), etc.

He attacks the contest harder than anyone and calling up his fitness is in fact agreeing that his OP has held him back thus far. Well done.

This seems one of the more bizarre points made in a while. First, it was a half. Second, it wasn't a great half (Bailey even commented on Sylvia's disposal by foot). Third, he may have showed more than me in that half but that's also little to crow about. You've picked out four fringe players, and none have been given more opportunities than Sylvia.

Only one is significantly older than Sylvia, and I speak of our friendly neigbourhood 'Russian' - a ruckman who has only secured a spot in the team when White was sent to Sandringham.

We reportedly tried to trade Jamar but no one was interested, and this is a type of player that can net you a 30's pick for an unproven player like Moran or Meesen. Congratulations, Colin. Of course, some might argue that Jamar, despite being a limited footballer, has done more for the team on a couple of occassions, but he's never been as flashy as Sylvia.

Daniel Bell's around the same age and I'd argue that Bell's game v Welsh was better than Sylvia's *half* yesterday, but backman are rarely given plaudits so i'll concede the point. Even if we accept your assertion, Bell's a fringe player who was only saved from being dropped on a number of occassions last year - and this is in the bottom side - due to our injury toll.

Newton's a fringe player who is a couple of years younger than Sylvia. Newton's also a KPP, which it's accepted take longer to develop. If I were Sylvia I wouldn't be taking your comparison as a great compliment.

Bartram's also a couple of years younger and lost a year of footy to a serious injury. He's no certainty for a best-18 spot but while he's not the most talented player he's looked more likely to carve out a particular role in the side than Sylvia has (and certainly if you compare his progress at 19 or 21 to where Sylvia was at).

um yes, that's all true. He's better than all of them and plenty of others on the list, yet cops far more scrutiny - it's all because of his draft pick. Talk about missing the point.

I'm not saying anything more, i'll just wait for all of your pathetic backpedaling when the kids starts killing it. Even then you'll only give him a 'break-even' assessment as in the eyes of most he 'owes us' that for being pick 3

He attacks the contest harder than anyone

Granted Sylvia attacks the man hard, but he's never attacked the ball with vigour in one game I've seen.

Granted Sylvia attacks the man hard, but he's never attacked the ball with vigour in one game I've seen.

Absolutely, and it leaves me guessing whether he's just not 'Footy Smart' enough to win the ball himself and prey's on the opposition to do it for him - or he's just a thug that likes hurting opposing players...either or... the results the same he gives away blatantly stupid free kicks and 'just' a player.

Schtacker:

I agree with your post. The facts are, sylvia is among the best players on our list period. Im sure some of the col bashers wont admit it, but the reason why he attracts the ire of melbourne supporters more than the bells, bartrams etc is because he IS so damn talented and we all dream of the player he COULD become. The bells and bartrams will never reach the level of stardom that the melbourne footy club has been yearning for, and that sylvia has the potential to.

I know its been done to the death, but OP is seriously a debilitating injury. Ive had it myself and it ruined 3-4 years of my football - your mind is telling your body to go 100% and get to the contest, but in reality you look to others that are watching as if you're running backwards. Then once you get the pill, you've got ZERO power in your core to accellerate etc. Your decision making then goes out the window, and your confidence. Im not trying to be sanctimonious, but ive got no doubt thats what sylvia's been experiencing the past 4 -5 years. Even once you get rid of it, OP still lingers and causes ancillary problems - hips, abdominals etc.

You can get forget about becoming a midfielder with it - this coupled with his marking strength and our complete dearth of forwards have resulted in him playing the medium forward role, and everyone seems to despite col for it simply because we all think he should be an elite midfielder, and that its a cop out for him to play that nomadic forward/utility role.

His got all the tools - skills, size, speed, marking, aggression and arrogance (YES arrogance, look at the akermanis', the voss', the richos') if he stays injury free and puts it all together, he could become the genuine superstar we all hoped. If he doesnt, he'll still be a very handy player.

This talk of him being 'just' a player - rubbish. Just lay off him and hope that he stays healthy and puts it all together.

the reason why he attracts the ire of melbourne supporters more than the bells, bartrams etc is because he IS so damn talented and we all dream of the player he COULD become.

You damn right that's one of the reasons he attracts so much attention from us, we used our first draft pick at no. 3 for him and whether you want to admit it or not it was an investment. Right now i would say we've got very minimal return for that investment, not to mention the $$$$$ that we've spent on him trying to get fit (not his fault i understand). In my first post that i wrote here i said i'm done waiting; i won't stop supporting him or praising him when he does good things, but i'm not going to defend him or be any more patient with him.

He could be anything, and i mean possibly the highest high or the lowest low.

2003 looks like a very weak draft year. Most clubs would have their share of disappointment with their first round picks.

1 Adam Cooney

2 Andrew Walker

3 Colin Sylvia

4 Farren Ray

5 Brock McLean

6 Kepler Bradley

7 Kane Tenace

8 Raphael Clarke

9 David Trotter

10 Ryley Dunn

Looking over the top 10, we probably did as well as we could have. At least it's not a Tambling/Franklin scenario...

From that list, 2 have been delisted, and 4 others are hanging on by the skin of their teeth.

All I can say is that Mclean was an inspired choice at 5. I don't remember a lot of talk about him, but at the time I was disappointed we didn't pick Tenace.

Sylvia is a frustrating player, but even after 4 years, I still think he's one of the most exciting prospects on our list.

2009 will be a telling year.

And on the 03 draft:

Round Pick Player Recruited from Club

Priority 1 Adam Cooney West Adelaide Football Club Western Bulldogs

Priority 2 Andrew Walker Bendigo U18 Carlton

Priority 3 Colin Sylvia Bendigo U18 Melbourne

1 4 Farren Ray Peel Thunder Football Club Western Bulldogs

1 5 Brock McLean Calder Cannons Melbourne

1 6 Kepler Bradley West Perth Football Club Essendon

1 7 Kane Tenace Murray Bushrangers Geelong

1 8 Raphael Clarke St. Mary's Football Club St. Kilda

1 9 David Trotter Calder Cannons Kangaroos

1 10 Ryley Dunn Murray Bushrangers Fremantle

1 11 Beau Waters West Adelaide Football Club West Coast Eagles

1 12 Ryan Murphy Gippsland U18 Fremantle

1 13 Brent Stanton Northern U18 Essendon

1 14 Fergus Watts Sandringham U18s Adelaide Crows

1 15 Troy Chaplin North Ballarat U18s Port Adelaide

1 16 Josh Willoughby Glenelg Football Club Sydney Swans

1 17 Billy Morrison Tasmania U18s Collingwood

1 18 Llane Spaanderman East Perth Football Club Brisbane Lions

2 19 David Mundy Murray Bushrangers Fremantle

2 20 Sam Butler Central District Bulldogs West Coast Eagles

2 21 Alex Gilmour Tasmania U18s Richmond

2 22 Cameron Thurley Tasmanian Devils Football Club Geelong

2 23 Matthew Moody South Fremantle Football Club Brisbane Lions

2 24 Chad Jones Claremont Football Club Kangaroos

2 25 Harry Miller Port Adelaide (SANFL) Hawthorn

2 26 Daniel McConnell Eastern U18 West Coast Eagles

2 27 Adam Campbell North Ballarat U18s Fremantle

2 28 Jay Nash Central District Bulldogs Essendon

2 29 Tim Schmidt West Adelaide Football Club Sydney Swans

2 30 Brad Symes Central District Bulldogs Port Adelaide

2 31 Joshua Krueger Glenelg Football Club Adelaide Crows

2 (f/s) 32 Brayden Shaw Northern U18s Colingwood

2 33 Jed Adcock North Ballarat U18s Brisbane Lions

3 34 Luke Peel Sandringham U18s Port Adelaide

3 35 Brent Hall South Fremantle Football Club Collingwood

3 (f/s) 36 Chris A. Johnson East Fremantle Football Club Melbourne

3 (f/s) 37 Thomas Roach Oakleigh Football Club Richmond

3 (f/s) 38 Mark Blake Geelong U18s Geelong

3 39 Robert Foster-Knight Essendon Port Adelaide

3 40 Eddie Sansbury Central District Bulldogs Kangaroos

3 41 Zac Dawson Calder Cannons Hawthorn

3 42 Matthew Spencer Swan Districts Football Club Geelong

3 (f/s) 43 Brett Peake East Fremantle Football Club Fremantle

3 44 Ricky Dyson Northern U18 Essendon

3 45 Amon Buchanan Sydney Swans Sydney Swans

3 46 Michael Pettigrew West Perth Football Club Port Adelaide

3 47 Andrew Eriksen Sandringham Zebras Sydney Swans

3 (f/s) 48 Heath Shaw Northern U18 Collingwood

3 49 Tom Logan Waratahs AFC Brisbane Lions

4 50 Izaac Thomson Woodville-West Torrens Eagles Western Bulldogs

4 51 Matthew Ball Box Hill Hawks Hawthorn

4 52 Pass Melbourne

4 53 Daniel Jackson Oakleigh Football Club Richmond

4 54 Pass Geelong

4 55 Sam Fisher West Adelaide Football Club St. Kilda

4 56 Brent LeCras West Perth Football Club Kangaroos

4 57 Ricky Mott Fremantle Rookies Carlton

4 58 Ben Hudson Werribee Football Club Adelaide Crows

4 59 Matthew Davis North Adelaide Football Club Sydney Swans

4 60 Julian Rowe Oakleigh Football Club Collingwood

4 61 Michael Rischitelli Western U18 Brisbane Lions

5 62 Pass Western Bulldogs

5 63 Glen Bowyer Hawthorn Carlton

5 64 Shane Morrison Brisbane Lions Richmond

5 65 Craig Callaghan St. Kilda St. Kilda

5 66 Pass Kangaroos

5 67 Pass Adelaide Crows

5 68 Pass Brisbane Lions

6 69 Jordan Bannister Essendon Carlton

6 70 Brent Hartigan Calder Cannons Richmond

6 71 Pass St. Kilda

7 72 Adrian Deluca Port Melbourne Football Club Carlton

7 73 Shane Tuck West Adelaide Football Club Richmond

7 74 Pass St. Kilda

8 75 Stephen Kenna Box Hill Hawks Carlton

8 76 Andrew Raines Southport Sharks Richmond

8 77 Pass St. Kilda

9 78 Pass Carlton

9 79 Simon Fletcher Carlton Richmond

10 80 Pass Carlton

10 81 Kyle Archibald NSW-ACT U18 Richmond

11 82 Pass Richmond

12 83 Pass Richmond

Who of the above, in hindsight, would you rather have chosen with pick 3?? MAYBE waters (although just a back flanker) stanton and adcock probably (although if they were pick 3's their supporters would probably still feel hard done by at this point), mundy MAYBE. Sam Fisher was an inspired choice at 55, as was Tuck at 73.

Guest petjud

I think what we are seeing with Bailey and his softly softly approach with the new draftees, is where we don't again have the scenario of both Rivers and Sylvia who were high draft picks thrown in the deep end and then having their bodies fall to bits on them coz they weren't properly conditioned for full time AFL football.

Syliva I think just needs to have a settled season, and no injuries I think he craves a midfield spot and Bailey has put him in there during the praccy matches, but then moved him forward.

I think Sylvia has gotten the realisation that this could be make or break year for him, his second half against Sydney was very good but Bailey made a point of saying that he had wasted a couple of kicks and had petrol left in the tank, in other words "yes very good, but still not good enough', same with Newton I think he is giving him every opportunity and if he doens't take it then he only has himself to plame.

I think pick 76 (Raines) would have been a rather tasty choice, again another young player who was thrown in early and had last season wrecked, but looks as if he is about to come good again

Wow, i knew that year was bad, but jeez! Just our luck, we couldn't bottom out in the Judd year could we!

Who of the above, in hindsight, would you rather have chosen with pick 3?? MAYBE waters (although just a back flanker) stanton and adcock probably (although if they were pick 3's their supporters would probably still feel hard done by at this point), mundy MAYBE. Sam Fisher was an inspired choice at 55, as was Tuck at 73.

I dont know why you have gone to the bother of listing all those players. You are on record as saying Sylvia is one of the best on our list period but then you have become the apologist in every case for why he has not delivered.

He had done nothing to date some of that is due to the restraint of OP, some of it is due to issues not connected to OP.

As a consequence until he delivers as player who deserves to be lauded, he is then just a player regardless of his draft pick. And before you get high on the fantasy, talent that a player could become is fools gold if that player never delivers on it. The ironic thing is that the Col dreamers celebrate talent which has never appeared but must be there because he was draft at No 3.

He has a great opportunity this year to play the midfield if he is good enough. And if he isnt no doubt you will be able to blame the drought and the global financial crisis for suppressing Col's talent

I think what we are seeing with Bailey and his softly softly approach with the new draftees, is where we don't again have the scenario of both Rivers and Sylvia who were high draft picks thrown in the deep end and then having their bodies fall to bits on them coz they weren't properly conditioned for full time AFL football.

Syliva I think just needs to have a settled season, and no injuries I think he craves a midfield spot and Bailey has put him in there during the praccy matches, but then moved him forward.

Neither Rivers nor Sylvia were thrown into the deep end.

Rivers had his first game toward the end of his first season. He then played AFL regularly in his second year in 2004. Nothing unusual about that and his occurrence of OP had nothing to do with his conditioning program for AFL.

Sylvia was struck with OP in his draft year. He has been on a modified program ever since he has been at MFC up to 2007. I understand he did do a full pre season and full training in 2008. His lack of footy smarts has nothing to do with his OP.

I dont know why you have gone to the bother of listing all those players. You are on record as saying Sylvia is one of the best on our list period but then you have become the apologist in every case for why he has not delivered.

He had done nothing to date some of that is due to the restraint of OP, some of it is due to issues not connected to OP.

As a consequence until he delivers as player who deserves to be lauded, he is then just a player regardless of his draft pick. And before you get high on the fantasy, talent that a player could become is fools gold if that player never delivers on it. The ironic thing is that the Col dreamers celebrate talent which has never appeared but must be there because he was draft at No 3.

He has a great opportunity this year to play the midfield if he is good enough. And if he isnt no doubt you will be able to blame the drought and the global financial crisis for suppressing Col's talent

Firstly - Ive simply said that OP is debilitating and have no doubt that its played a large part in restricting his development. A large part, but not the only part.

Secondly - the fact that he was pick 3 changes nothing. If he was pick 78 I would still laud his talent and potential. I have not claimed anywhere, however, that he has delivered on that talent and potential yet. He clearly hasn't.

The draft comparison was in response to all the previous posters claiming he was "a waste of a pick 3". This implies that we could have used that very same pick and done a whole lot better - the list of 2003 draftees suggests otherwise.

Firstly - Ive simply said that OP is debilitating and have no doubt that its played a large part in restricting his development. A large part, but not the only part.

It does not address the lack of simple football nous that plagues his game. He did a full pre season last year and at best last year he was solid with a couple of dips in performance

Secondly - the fact that he was pick 3 changes nothing. If he was pick 78 I would still laud his talent and potential.

Why? What has he done so far? Beyond the hoopla of expectation.

I have not claimed anywhere, however, that he has delivered on that talent and potential yet. He clearly hasn't.

So why laud it then? :wacko:

The draft comparison was in response to all the previous posters claiming he was "a waste of a pick 3". This implies that we could have used that very same pick and done a whole lot better - the list of 2003 draftees suggests otherwise.

When you have a first round draft pick regardless of the vintage, it reasonable to expect that you have secured an above average footballer. I can understand people's frustration but it is not justification for his condemnation. And the list of 2003 condemns all bar Cooney, McLean and one or two others as very ordinary... on par with Colin. It does not make him any better as a footballer because of it.

He's had plenty of opportunity, even with his injuries, to prove himself a footballer. Will never have the engine to play midfield. We don't need him as a fill-in forward.

Given our forward line I would be more than happy for Colin to make his mark there.

He's not committed enough, likes to party, then there is doubt about his footy nous.

Disagree. I believe Col is committed and does work hard. Aside from his stuff up last year involving a relationship break out when has his partying affected his play.

Trade at end of year.

Brilliant.

Just how many clubs will line up to get an ordinary footballer with a history of OP. Unless he plays some sustained good football, then he will be worth a season's end what he's worth now.....nothing. If he cant crack a game at MFC then he aint going to encourage Clubs to trade for him.

If Colin justifies his place. He plays. Given our 3rd world midfield, if he is actually good he should be able to establish a spot there.

Colin or Robbo. Take your pick Rhino. Not room there for both.

Rubbish. Robbo plays deep in F50 from the square. Sylvia plays up the ground. Easily play both if form warrants

Whatever, your closer to him than me.

Nah, I just know you are ill informed.

if, if, if, we can't trade him, just delist him.

Alot more sensible if he does not perform by years end. Well done, you can do it.

You are arguing that average fan doesn't hold him to higher acccount because of his draft number? As obvious as the nose on your face can you even read the people who write exactly that

You didn't say that part of the reason Sylvia cops flak is because of his high draft ranking, or that the reason Sylvia cops flak from some is because of his high draft ranking, you said the reason he's criticised is because of his high draft ranking.

I don't care what draft pick he was chosen with, ergo you're wrong.

I'm not saying anything more, i'll just wait for all of your pathetic backpedaling when the kids starts killing it. Even then you'll only give him a 'break-even' assessment as in the eyes of most he 'owes us' that for being pick 3

If he starts 'killing it' that'll be great - I hope all our players do. It won't change what's occurred in the past, and that's what's been commented on.

Unless someone's said that he'll never make it you'll find it hard to crow about what he does in future.

As for assessing him, I'll assess him based on his output, regardless of his draft ranking (just like now). You might not agree with it, but it has nothing to do with his draft ranking.

He attacks the contest harder than anyone and calling up his fitness is in fact agreeing that his OP has held him back thus far. Well done.

Sylvia doesn't attack the contest harder than anyone when the ball is in dispute. He attacks a player with the ball as hard as anyone, but he must have the worst record of getting hands on the footy first when there's a 50/50 contest.

Is it just me or does Sylvia sometimes seem content to let the other player take the ball so that he can then attempt to lay a tackle, rather than go that extra 1% and make the play himself?

As for your sarcastic 'well done', I didn't argue that his OP hasn't (or has) held him back. For the record, I have no doubt it has.

However, that doesn't change the other issues with his play so far (including some I mentioned but you conveniently ignored - 'well done').

um yes, that's all true. He's better than all of them and plenty of others on the list, yet cops far more scrutiny - it's all because of his draft pick. Talk about missing the point.

All of those guys have received their fair share of criticism - maybe you missed those threads.

Sylvia's probably caused more discussion on these boards, but only because there are guys like you who are seduced by the odd glimpse of 'something' amongst lots of 'nothing'.

Schtacker:

I agree with your post. The facts are, sylvia is among the best players on our list period.

If true it says more about our list than Sylvia.

It probably says we're bad enough to finish near bottom two years in a row.

Oh, wait!

Btw, a fact is that he finished ~19th in the best and fairest last year after playing more games than most.

What you gave was an opinion (and one that I - and others - don't share).

That was Moloney, and the game wasn't played under NAB cup rules, so the rushed behind rule wasn't in effect.

But I know what you mean I was like "oh no" for a second...

I thought the the NAB Challenge matches were to be played under the NAB Cup rules this year...I could be wrong

I thought the the NAB Challenge matches were to be played under the NAB Cup rules this year...I could be wrong

Yeah my bad mate, I didn't realise that. Found out this morning when I read something in the paper.

But it was still Moloney... ;)

haha, just joking.