Jared Rivers

rusty_kingswood

...9 games in 2 years.

Re injured his ankle during the intra club match on Saturday, the years are slipping away from him without playing any football what so ever. No matter how good his preparation he just cant seem to say on the park.

Are his days numbered? Are we going to see him play at his peak?

Also, just read that we got 2000 to the game on Saturday? I understand that we were encouraging family's from Casey to get to the ground, but did anyone ever think of maybe charging $4-5 entry?

Thats 8-10k? Certainly nothing to sneeze at when we haven't got a sponsor. Just a thought!

...9 games in 2 years.

Re injured his ankle during the intra club match on Saturday, the years are slipping away from him without playing any football what so ever. No matter how good his preparation he just cant seem to say on the park.

Are his days numbered? Are we going to see him play at his peak?

No. :angry:

Also, just read that we got 2000 to the game on Saturday? I understand that we were encouraging family's from Casey to get to the ground, but did anyone ever think of maybe charging $4-5 entry?

Thats 8-10k? Certainly nothing to sneeze at when we haven't got a sponsor. Just a thought!

Consider it a 10K investment in the Casey project - money well 'spent' IMHO.

I'm now on an "I'll believe it when I see it" basis when it comes to Rivers getting himself fit. Even though all the reports about his preseason have been good so far, I'm at a point now where I find it hard to even physically imagine him playing out a full year. If he can get himself right in the next year or two then that's fantastic, if not I wont be surprised. That said, by all reports the ankle injury was nothing serious, it sounds like the kind of thing where if it was a proper game, or if it had happened to someone besides Rivers, they probably would have left him out there. Heres hoping.

I think you're being a bit overly negative when it comes to the turnout. Fact is, its fantastic that we got an attendance of around 2000, and if a good chunk of that 2000 was made up of Casey folk showing up for a look, then that's even better. You've got to keep in mind that theres a good chance that most people who fall into that category wouldnt have gone if it hadnt of been for free. In the long run, if we got a few people interested during that practice game who werent beforehand, and if we grow a bit of a supporter/membership base in the region over the next couple of years by doing that sort of thing, then that's going to ultimately be worth a hell of alot more to us than 8-10 k.

EDIT: Sorry, just left a long-winded post only to find out that as I was writing it Rogue posted the same basic point, only he said it more gooderer and consiselier.

AFL rules? Not sure man, I wasn't there but I'd hope there was a sausage sizzle etc...

There was no sausage sizzle, much to my disgust, I built myself up for a sausage in bread on the drive down, very disappointed.

I almost punched my housemate last night for suggesting the same thing about Rivers being finished (my housemate is a moron and I'm moving out, so it's on the cartds anyway), I see this as just a rolled ankle, nothing more, its easy to do those things and if it were a home and away match I dare say he would have played on.

Robbo was interviewed on SEN last night by Francis and the Ox. He said that Jared had simply rolled his ankle and that it had puffed up a bit. He was confident that nothing serious had occured and that Jared would be completely OK within a week or so.

I'm now on an "I'll believe it when I see it" basis when it comes to Rivers getting himself fit. Even though all the reports about his preseason have been good so far, I'm at a point now where I find it hard to even physically imagine him playing out a full year. If he can get himself right in the next year or two then that's fantastic, if not I wont be surprised. That said, by all reports the ankle injury was nothing serious, it sounds like the kind of thing where if it was a proper game, or if it had happened to someone besides Rivers, they probably would have left him out there. Heres hoping.

I think you're being a bit overly negative when it comes to the turnout. Fact is, its fantastic that we got an attendance of around 2000, and if a good chunk of that 2000 was made up of Casey folk showing up for a look, then that's even better. You've got to keep in mind that theres a good chance that most people who fall into that category wouldnt have gone if it hadnt of been for free. In the long run, if we got a few people interested during that practice game who werent beforehand, and if we grow a bit of a supporter/membership base in the region over the next couple of years by doing that sort of thing, then that's going to ultimately be worth a hell of alot more to us than 8-10 k.

EDIT: Sorry, just left a long-winded post only to find out that as I was writing it Rogue posted the same basic point, only he said it more gooderer and consiselier.

Dont get me wrong. i think the 2k turn out was fantasic!! I am just suggesting ways to help turn a profit.

Rouges point is spot on I guess.

As do I, I would have said no more than 500 at a stretch

Don't know which game you were watching, but there would have been over 500 just in the main stand, close to the same either side and another few hundred around the ground. Also after the game there were people everywhere on the ground I would suggest atleast 1000 stayed plus leaving there was a big que to get out just after the game so easy 1500-2000. A media report on sunday had it at 2500. Surely all the official reports can't be wrong. Its a big ground so the crowds can look thin.