• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - LIAM JURRAH

Nasher

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a lot of people have to understand is that for people from remote regions of the NT and WA, English can be a fourth or fifth language.

I hope some cross-cultural training is provided for all in this scenario.

It is true that a huge part of the mob from Yuendumu will now follow the Dees, they are football mad in this region, will do my best to recruit a few new members!

Not that its a downside as many have alluded to on this thread but my friend alerted me to the fact that whilst he is a nice young man he is extremely quiet. My friend said he wouldn't have spoken more than 10 words at a training session. Obviously coming from a rural area to the big smoke for the first time would be an overwhelming expierence so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Let's hope he has a great career and blossoms with the likes of Jetta, Davey, Bennell, Wonna and Whelan.

Really if you were Jurrah you couldn't have choosen a better result then be at melbourne. We have a great support network with the other boys also from the NT. I just hope his body's not fragile! Those big hands look impressive!

Any guesses onw here he would have gone if he was available in the national draft?

No.2? :D

Really if you were Jurrah you couldn't have choosen a better result then be at melbourne. We have a great support network with the other boys also from the NT. I just hope his body's not fragile! Those big hands look impressive!

They are too. Capable of taking some great grabs..... :lol:

“Given he was a late nomination for the National Draft, Liam got through to the Pre Season Draft after gaining special consideration from the AFL. It would have been surprising that his talents would not have been recognized if he was available in the National Draft.”

Sounds good.

I was impressed by the following:

Each week [Jurrah] travels more than 300km before boarding a plane at Alice Springs for Darwin, where he then plays with Nightcliff.

He's said he's 100% committed to AFL and his weekly trip certainly shows some dedication to footy.

Hopefully Jurrah can settle in to life in Melbourne and fulfil his potential.

An exciting pick, and for all your tall-obsessed supporters we got us another one to add to the list.

I love smokies, especially Indigenous players who have clearly had to overcome difficult conditions to play. You just never know how much they are capable of until you put them in a professional environment and give them the time and attention they need to grow as footballers.

Watching these sort of players develop is one of the biggest joys of being an AFL supporter.

I am really enjoying reading the various threads on the PSD. Some of you guys clearly have done your reasearch and I believe there is even more to look forward to for the MFC in 2009.

But, while reading these threads, I am also listening to SEN. You would reckon that Ben Cousins was the biggest story of the year.

Fact is, despite his pedigree, playing record, and ability, he is over 30, has not played for 12 months or more and the Tiges might just have missed out on a young gun.

If he stuffs up again - and I hope he doesn't - the cost of that downsize will be huge for the Toigs.

I just wish SEN would talk about the others in the draft. There was a draft today, wasn't there? Or was it Ben Cousin's news day only.

Give me a break.

That was always going to happen. Wait until tomorrows paper it will be even worse, but this is the biggest news since watts so I guess we had might as well get used to it. I'm just glad the MFC have gone down the path of what looks like one very very good future forward.

One thing I would like to see in the news a bit more is the direction the MFC has taken with indiginous players. Years ago not many, but i'm glade we have a list of players second to none and have taken the mantle off essendon for have the best quality indiginous players.

if it was the filth it would be all over the paper. Maybe a good column for G Lyon to write!

I am really enjoying reading the various threads on the PSD. Some of you guys clearly have done your reasearch and I believe there is even more to look forward to for the MFC in 2009.

But, while reading these threads, I am also listening to SEN. You would reckon that Ben Cousins was the biggest story of the year.

Fact is, despite his pedigree, playing record, and ability, he is over 30, has not played for 12 months or more and the Tiges might just have missed out on a young gun.

If he stuffs up again - and I hope he doesn't - the cost of that downsize will be huge for the Toigs.

I just wish SEN would talk about the others in the draft. There was a draft today, wasn't there? Or was it Ben Cousin's news day only.

Give me a break.

Its all about the Tigers and Cuz. You will get more of it tomorrow Iva, when he has his first training session with his new club. He will speak to the media tomorrow. Turn it off Iva if you're sick of it. The lead up to Round 1 Richmond v Carlton or Cousins v Judd will be huge.

Big risk by the Tigers, but not taking Cousins would have been seen as a bigger risk for Richmond after they wanted to take him at pick 7 before being refused by the AFL. The supporters were starting to get 'hungry' and if they didn't select him at pick 6 they would have had a taste for blood.

DEES TAKE NT Smokey at No.1

It's the most news-worthy story.

Most people are interested in what happens to Cousins, regardless of whether they like or loathe him.

It's certainly more news-worthy than former AFL players like Carr and Skipworth being recruited, or guys like Davis and Carroll missing out (let alone no-name kids who were passed over in the ND*).

*excluding Jurrah, but he's not a house-hold name

It's the most news-worthy story.

*excluding Jurrah, but he's not a house-hold name

He could well be by rd 1 next year. He is that sort of guy that will attract the media if he has a couple of good NAB games, boy for the bush sort of stuff. lets cross our fingers (p.s who cares about the other guy, this tread is about the best news we could have gotten today a real KPP for the future!)

He could well be by rd 1 next year. He is that sort of guy that will attract the media if he has a couple of good NAB games, boy for the bush sort of stuff. lets cross our fingers (p.s who cares about the other guy, this tread is about the best news we could have gotten today a real KPP for the future!)

Whilst I know we don't like comparisons some times, I wonder if Jurrah will stand next to Nik Nat in the next couple of years when we play West Coast?

Give me a break.

That's the exact reason why I wanted Cousins to give the club the publicity it has never seen before, but can't complain about an indigenous KP forward.

Give me a break.

Too right. At one stage I started to count & I swear they said the name 'Cousins' 30 odd times in 2 minutes. Ridiculous.

But i don't mind too much, I'm just happy we got the ONE name I was hoping for - Jurrah.

He's not a sure thing by any means, but of the players available he has as good a chance of any of making it. And IF HE DOES, he will be better than any of the players available too.

(that's excluding Cousins)

"He is a 193cm forward who moves like a midfielder," Cusack said.

HOW EXCITING IS THIS......

I think I have read somewhere that he can kick to, so does that make him potientially better then goodes??????

Whilst I know we don't like comparisons some times, I wonder if Jurrah will stand next to Nik Nat in the next couple of years when we play West Coast?

Thats if Nik Nak is good enough. He could well go down as a #2 who hardly played. He is a circus act and I doubt will ever be too much more, able to do the odd freakish thing, never good enough to match it with the best..

Jurrah - is already rated as a "Footballer" so the question is will nik nat be good enough to stand next to Jurrah in a few years? (Nickname = Jurrasic???)

STOP TALKING ABOUT THE OTHER BLOKE HE DIDN'T GET DRAFTED BY US!!!! - WHO CARES IF HE IS IN THE MEDIA

We've stolen another player from North Melbourne. First up Davey now Jurrah

If we pinched him from anybody it was Collingwood who had him down to play a few games in their VFA team earlier this year. He played well but had to go home. The Pies apparently wanted to draft him but there was a snafu with his draft papers. By the time it was resolved it was too late for the national draft so I think we've possibly picked up a bargain.

If we pinched him from anybody it was Collingwood who had him down to play a few games in their VFA team earlier this year. He played well but had to go home. The Pies apparently wanted to draft him but there was a snafu with his draft papers. By the time it was resolved it was too late for the national draft so I think we've possibly picked up a bargain.

Wouldn't it be great if he plays rnd 2 and destroys them.

I think there was a bit more than that going on, more like Collingwood sending him back to the bush to hide him from other teams, but we managed to get a sniff along with NM beforehand.

The filth will be spewing.

Couldn't be happier :D

Give me a break.

BC will be big news for maybe half a season, but they're going to be talking about this "Irish kid from the Red Centre" for years to come

I think there was a bit more than that going on, more like Collingwood sending him back to the bush to hide him from other teams, but we managed to get a sniff along with NM beforehand.

The filth will be spewing.

Couldn't be happier :D

I could be happier.......

If we had stolen him from those cheats at princess park! :lol:

I could be happier.......

If we had stolen him from those cheats at princess park! :lol:

A Great story our first pick

Stuffed Collingwood !

He was to be drafted in the National Draft by the filfth, where he has played a few games but his application to enter the draft was late arriving !

Had to wait till the pre season and Melbourne knew !

Apparently an absolute gun