Jace Bode

mordja

I am committed to not bagging out young players this year.

I am embrassing seeing so many young kids running around out there and the improvement is already showing.

This said, where to from here for Bode?

Ive been really focusing on him because I honestly struggle to see what he has to offer. I wont list the failings because thats not the point of the thread.

Perhaps someone who knew him pre-MFC can offer me some context here to let me know what I'm not seeing.

I dont care if he continues to be a complete turnover merchant this year as long as he isnt taking a position in the side which could be used better.

Thoughts?

I am committed to not bagging out young players this year.

I am embrassing seeing so many young kids running around out there and the improvement is already showing.

This said, where to from here for Bode?

Ive been really focusing on him because I honestly struggle to see what he has to offer. I wont list the failings because thats not the point of the thread.

Perhaps someone who knew him pre-MFC can offer me some context here to let me know what I'm not seeing.

I dont care if he continues to be a complete turnover merchant this year as long as he isnt taking a position in the side which could be used better.

Thoughts?

Maybe Bailey see's him as a player who can put a stop on someone. Job here, job there, whilst still trying to improve his efficiency with hand and foot. He hasn't played many games remember. I wouldn't worry too much, Bailey will know whether to keep him or not.

I'm pleased that Bailey has persisted with him, but I must say that he hasn't shown much in the past 3-4 games. I say give him a spell at Sandy again and if form warrants it, bring him back for say the last 2-3 games fo the season and see if he's worth persisting with. There's no harm in trying.

I saw some good signs from him late last year running from half back and on the wing and thought that he could definitely be a player (he was an und-19 all australian i think) but sadly, i think he's gone backwards since then.

However, remember it took Daniel Bell a while to find his feet. Ditto Chris Johnson, and they play similar roles to Bode.

I'm happy for him to be given the rest of the season to prove himself, it's his career on the line.

Certainly agree with that.

However, when/if Ricky is fit enough to play seniors, and when Bell's form at Sandy warrants a recall, Bode might find it difficult to keep his spot.

We've pretty much run out of senior players to drop in favour of kids, it's now kids fighting kids for positions!

Certainly agree with that.

However, when/if Ricky is fit enough to play seniors, and when Bell's form at Sandy warrants a recall, Bode might find it difficult to keep his spot.

We've pretty much run out of senior players to drop in favour of kids, it's now kids fighting kids for positions!

Think you are probably right Jaded.

Petterd coming back will displace him.