Anyone for cricket?

Whispering_Jack

happy WYL?

justified imo.

The opposition fell apart. Kudos to the Aussie bowlers for that effort. And also the Haddin Lyon last wicket stand which started the rot.

A top side still would have beaten us.

I still would have batted first. The pitch was not green.

The opposition fell apart. Kudos to the Aussie bowlers for that effort. And also the Haddin Lyon last wicket stand which started the rot.

A top side still would have beaten us.

I still would have batted first. The pitch was not green.

we're not a top side Yet. but on the right track, thanks to smart decisions by Robin Boof & Co. they had this one right as well. they summed up the wicket better than anyone else & played the right cards from our current hand.

I think we can have more belief in (Robin - the earl of hunting-ton) Boof, & his Merry Men, than the onfield team itself.

Next test - SCG prepare to be shorn Englishmen.

lookout for our next Ashes visit back to Nottingham, & Sherwood Forest....

ode to Boof > http://www.televisiontunes.com/Adventures_of_Robin_Hood_(The).html

Robin Hood, Robin Hood, Robin Hood

He called the greatest archers to a tavern on the green

They vowed to help the people of 'Our' king

They handled all the troubles from this English Country side

And still found plenty of time to sing!

Robin Hood, Robin Hood, riding through the glen

Robin Hood, Robin Hood, with his band of men

Feared by the bad, loved by the good

He came to Sherwood Forest with a feather in his cap

A fighter never looking for a fight

His bow was always ready, and he kept his arrows sharp

He used them fighting for what was right

With Friar Tuck and Little John they had a roguish look

They did the deed the others wouldn't dare.

We captured all the money on the English Country scene

And still found plenty of time to sing

:):lol:

signed kerrry O'Keeeffe

Edited by dee-luded

^^^ what?? Adjust your med dosage DL

The cool change has hit. You can go outside.

HaHaHa its the new hippy pills WYL.

just a bit of silliness & class distinction, against the bare rrsed poms using one of their own working class hero's to deliver the message. the same sort of shitt that cost them their losses.

less silver tongues & more Ian Bell grit is what they lack.

so let's steal their Icon like we stole the Ashes back off them, like thieves in the night, 1, 2, 3, 'boof', its gone.

:)

its a relief to be able to enjoyTest Cricket again. & have a laugh whats more.

Edited by dee-luded

Yep, we're switched on. Lehmann and co have made a big difference. The truth might be that many have lifted - coaching staff and players alike. ... and when you've got that sort of attitude, everyone wants to be a part of it. Lyon steps in today with a five wicket haul.

Before I forget, for those without cable, "tunein" radio often offers a radio broadcast of selected Test matches. This link ... Tunein - Cricket Radio currently offers commentary of the 2nd Test between South Africa and India (just click on the date next to the description for live coverage - might take a minute or so to kick in) I'll post the link up again when we're in South Africa in Feb/March.

Maddinson and Silk both open but could bat at no.3 at a pinch. I think Burns is mainly a no.3 but has spent a bit of time at no.4. Doolan the same (?)

I just read the odd match report and check the scores of selected Shield games. Back in the day, we all knew a lot more about the up and comers. There's so much sport about these days - it's therefore difficult to keep up. It's always worth at least having a scan through the scores though. Cricinfo or the CA site have all the scores and results.

What I do remember is that previously, a batsman needed to bat in the top 3 or 4 for his State in order to be considered for the Test team. Even Walters started off batting 3 or 4 when he played for NSW (before he played for his Country)

You may be right about Hughes but after the turnaround of a number of our players this season, you just never know. Plenty have come back after being initially written off. You've previously made mention of a much improved environment and maybe someone of Hughes stature needs that sort of thing more than some others. He has had more than his fair share of chances though ^_^

interesting people are patting boof on the back

this is the same bloke who dropped lyon for an untried /non shield wicket taking/non spinning/number eleven batsman in the first 2 ashes test in england,yes the very 2 tests that ultimately sealed our fate over there,the very same people who screamed that we could have won the ashes IF those first 2 tests went a different way

so after dropping the best performing player from the disasterous indian tour for those 2 tests in england ,lyon is now brought back into the team and has been an incredible success

now that the poms are in a corner curled up in a feotal position sucking thier thumbs,watto the hydrolic hose ,comes to the party against bowling attacks short of power, bit late for me

he was slated to bat at 6 a couple of years ago and moaned in the press that he couldnt bat at 6.where he should be at least.

against steyn,philander and mokbel our top four will battle and then smith and bad back will be under immense pressure to retrieve the situation,if not then we are back to relying on our number 7 to get us out of trouble AGAIN

dont over indulge on the boof drink,its false admiration at best

interesting people are patting boof on the backthis is the same bloke who dropped lyon for an untried /non shield wicket taking/non spinning/number eleven batsman in the first 2 ashes test in england,yes the very 2 tests that ultimately sealed our fate over there,the very same people who screamed that we could have won the ashes IF those first 2 tests went a different wayso after dropping the best performing player from the disasterous indian tour for those 2 tests in england ,lyon is now brought back into the team and has been an incredible successnow that the poms are in a corner curled up in a feotal position sucking thier thumbs,watto the hydrolic hose ,comes to the party against bowling attacks short of power, bit late for mehe was slated to bat at 6 a couple of years ago and moaned in the press that he couldnt bat at 6.where he should be at least.against steyn,philander and mokbel our top four will battle and then smith and bad back will be under immense pressure to retrieve the situation,if not then we are back to relying on our number 7 to get us out of trouble AGAINdont over indulge on the boof drink,its false admiration at best

I'm not over indulging with Lehmann though he does seem to have made a big difference. Maybe it"s more a comment about the previous regime.

If anyone is over indulging it's you. You have so much hate for your own players.

interesting people are patting boof on the back

this is the same bloke who dropped lyon for an untried /non shield wicket taking/non spinning/number eleven batsman in the first 2 ashes test in england,yes the very 2 tests that ultimately sealed our fate over there,the very same people who screamed that we could have won the ashes IF those first 2 tests went a different way

so after dropping the best performing player from the disasterous indian tour for those 2 tests in england ,lyon is now brought back into the team and has been an incredible success

now that the poms are in a corner curled up in a feotal position sucking thier thumbs,watto the hydrolic hose ,comes to the party against bowling attacks short of power, bit late for me

he was slated to bat at 6 a couple of years ago and moaned in the press that he couldnt bat at 6.where he should be at least.

against steyn,philander and mokbel our top four will battle and then smith and bad back will be under immense pressure to retrieve the situation,if not then we are back to relying on our number 7 to get us out of trouble AGAIN

dont over indulge on the boof drink,its false admiration at best

really boof cost us the ashes in england you say by dropping Lyon... the same guy that sent Warner to Sth africa. hmmn

the same guy who Mitchell has starred under, as well as Haddin & Warner.

maybe all part of his dastardly inner workings??? its his hippy pills, they work, or they don't. but they seem to be.

really boof cost us the ashes in england you say by dropping Lyon... the same guy that sent Warner to Sth africa. hmmn

the same guy who Mitchell has starred under, as well as Haddin & Warner.

maybe all part of his dastardly inner workings??? its his hippy pills, they work, or they don't. but they seem to be.

Promoting Agar was good for the team.

Dropping Lyon and Warner has made them look to keep their spot in the future.

Boof has gone back to basics and it is an unmitigated success.

Who comes in if Harris doesn't come up? Pattinson and Bird have both been playing in the BBL, but I'd want to see them play some four day cricket first. I'd have thought Doug the Rug would be next off the rank, given his early Shield form.

I'm not over indulging with Lehmann though he does seem to have made a big difference. Maybe it"s more a comment about the previous regime.

If anyone is over indulging it's you. You have so much hate for your own players.

i dont hate

but players not liked would be.watto,top of the list

it must not have been written clear enough as always

its pretty simple ,people are saying boof has been the turnaround of the team

my response to that is everybody not me,but other happy campers on this site have said boofs the man.but his selection in the 2 most important tests in england were pitiful,so no arguments from me whether boof is the man or not,my only argument is if hes the man,then his decision in the first 2 tests in england were tragically WRONG

but some people still love AOAA,its just thier dream i suppose

i dont hatebut players not liked would be.watto,top of the listit must not have been written clear enough as alwaysits pretty simple ,people are saying boof has been the turnaround of the teammy response to that is everybody not me,but other happy campers on this site have said boofs the man.but his selection in the 2 most important tests in england were pitiful,so no arguments from me whether boof is the man or not,my only argument is if hes the man,then his decision in the first 2 tests in england were tragically WRONGbut some people still love AOAA,its just thier dream i suppose

We're 4 nil up and we've won the Ashes (against the odds)

You should be ecstatic. You should also give credit where credit is due.

We're 4 nil up and we've won the Ashes (against the odds)

You should be ecstatic. You should also give credit where credit is due.

sorry macca ,may a thousand fleas invade my armpits

credit to all involved{is that enough}

we have the most consistent bowler in the world for the last 4 years{sids}

we have a number 7 who is making mince meat out of average attacks{hads}

we have a dwarf who has added backbone to the top 4{chrissy}

weve had a non spinning spinner who has been performing very well and im glad for him{lysa}

and a first time 4 test result bowler {mitchy}

all in all the oppo{poms}have self incinerated and wrongly so

so a big thumbs up to us{aussies}

would you have picked AOAA in the first 2 tests in england?

Who comes in if Harris doesn't come up? Pattinson and Bird have both been playing in the BBL, but I'd want to see them play some four day cricket first. I'd have thought Doug the Rug would be next off the rank, given his early Shield form.

Apparently Bollinger's been released from the squad. Outside the Ashes XI, the squad of 14 has Faulkner, Coulter-Nile and Alex Doolan. The speculation is Doolan bats at 3 instead of Watson, with Faulkner replacing Bailey to provide the fifth bowler, and Coulter-Nile to play in Harris' spot if he's not ready by Friday.

I'd give Bailey the Sydney test, but if Watson isn't able to play, he might have to make way, as we'll need someone to bat at 3 and Clarke, Smith and Bailey aren't capable of that.

I'd also be staying away from Pattinson, Starc and Cummins until they have shown they are fit enough to play prolonged periods of Test cricket.

Apparently Bollinger's been released from the squad. Outside the Ashes XI, the squad of 14 has Faulkner, Coulter-Nile and Alex Doolan. The speculation is Doolan bats at 3 instead of Watson, with Faulkner replacing Bailey to provide the fifth bowler, and Coulter-Nile to play in Harris' spot if he's not ready by Friday.

I'd give Bailey the Sydney test, but if Watson isn't able to play, he might have to make way, as we'll need someone to bat at 3 and Clarke, Smith and Bailey aren't capable of that.

I'd also be staying away from Pattinson, Starc and Cummins until they have shown they are fit enough to play prolonged periods of Test cricket.

wow agreements left right and centre

the current bowling line up hopefully ensures cummings,pattinson and starc get another 20 shield games under thier belt and more professional experience to lead the future attack

dont know about doug the slug though,would rather pick CN as he may be on the SA tour

been on the tractor most of the summer and only catching some highlights,but would not like to go back to old stock bowlers now.

Edited by jazza

sorry macca ,may a thousand fleas invade my armpitscredit to all involved{is that enough}we have the most consistent bowler in the world for the last 4 years{sids}we have a number 7 who is making mince meat out of average attacks{hads}we have a dwarf who has added backbone to the top 4{chrissy}weve had a non spinning spinner who has been performing very well and im glad for him{lysa}and a first time 4 test result bowler {mitchy}all in all the oppo{poms}have self incinerated and wrongly soso a big thumbs up to us{aussies}would you have picked AOAA in the first 2 tests in england?

Lol - you're a beauty, jazza

As for Agar - I thought it was an ok idea at the time. Worth a punt. Didn't work out but so what? It's not a perfect world and besides all that, most have probably moved on from that decision. Didn't he make 98? He is also a future prospect.

I don't mind being wrong either - it's sport. We're all going to get it wrong from time to time.

Lol - you're a beauty, jazza

As for Agar - I thought it was an ok idea at the time. Worth a punt. Didn't work out but so what? It's not a perfect world and besides all that, most have probably moved on from that decision. Didn't he make 98? He is also a future prospect.

I don't mind being wrong either - it's sport. We're all going to get it wrong from time to time.

expressed my thoughts on AOAA

terrible decision for the team,lyons mates in the squad must have been devastated to see him dropped after being our best in the indian homework tour

everybody,including boof said they knew AA could bat,if so why pick him at eleven

yes macca ,its all sport and only sport,

im just disappointed in the number 3 son not tractor driving and stopping me watch this series

btw,im itchy if that makes you happy

the agar thing, doesn't that now lock him to our test team? that he cannot now go off to play Tests for another country in the future, like some of our homegrown lads have, or can? will?

the agar thing, doesn't that now lock him to our test team? that he cannot now go off to play Tests for another country in the future, like some of our homegrown lads have, or can? will?

your right big boy

that thought never entered my mind

smart thinking by the boof and clarkey and invers and marshy

maybe our footy club could use this strategic nous

Edited by jazza

expressed my thoughts on AOAA

terrible decision for the team,lyons mates in the squad must have been devastated to see him dropped after being our best in the indian homework tour

everybody,including boof said they knew AA could bat,if so why pick him at eleven

yes macca ,its all sport and only sport,

im just disappointed in the number 3 son not tractor driving and stopping me watch this series

btw,im itchy if that makes you happy

We're all success starved Demons, jazza.

I'll take these wins in the "other" sports any day of the week. It seems the cricket side is playing with a lot more confidence and self belief - that's what our footy club desperately needs - in spades. Roosey would be aware of that and a big improvement in those areas might be the first thing we notice next season.

"May a thousand fleas invade my armpits" - I got a good laugh out of that!

Keep punchin'

your right big boy

that thought never entered my mind

smart thinking by the boof and clarkey and invers and marshy

maybe our footy club could use this strategic nous

I suspect Boof has been working to a plan, since just before he started in England, to right the culture & the competitiveness, plus morale. this may have been part of his selection Ideas.

it looks like it has come together quicker than anyone may have dared imagine.

I guess the next part of any plan would be to slowly overhaul the team between now & the next ashes tour. I'm unsure of their ages.

Rubbish, promoting Agar was awful for the team. For once, jazza is right about something. That was a terrible decision.

The result was good and the spirit of the team was good-everybody was happy for him and he showed he could play.

No harm done.

As for Lyon-he has only cemented his spot now.

No egg on me mate.

Poms drop catches they lose. If they had held them it could well have been line ball.

the poms have played a bit like we played over there 6 months back. the camaraderie has allowed our players to play closer to their abilities, & form is returning to our side.

IMO, the Poms main issue is Cook. he's too conservative & unsure of himself & I reckon the poms are resembling his leadership, dropped catches & all, bickering, going home, etc.

I think they need a more outgoing leader, with utmost confidence in himself. I think Ian Bell could do the job, & I don't see any others in their lineup who could.