Anyone for cricket?

Whispering_Jack

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure as to whether it's appropriate to include discussion on the T20 championships in this thread but I must question the application of DL to T20 when we can win a game and score 91 runs less than the opposition. I think the other game played overnight became a 7 overs a side game. Ridiculous!

Geez bowling in these matches staggers me sometimes. Players make such immense mistakes - forget their basics while going for far, far too much. Morkel bowling a rank full toss with no one at square or mid wicket is case in point.

Geez bowling in these matches staggers me sometimes. Players make such immense mistakes - forget their basics while going for far, far too much. Morkel bowling a rank full toss with no one at square or mid wicket is case in point.

The Indian bowling in the second one is no better but let's lap it up.

Watson and Warner unbeaten century opening stand in 10 overs ... extraordinary!

And Pat Cummins is going to become some fast bowler one day soon.

Headed into this thread to write pretty much that.

After the rant above rant I watched Cummins bowl - he's just a joy to watch. Such talent.

Then I watched the Indians have a go... wow? Continual short balls at 120-130kph at Watson's hip. They're sharking - surely.

On international cricket: no idea why Dan Christian is playing. He bats at 8, which adds nothing, and bowls medium pace rubbish without being threatening. He's doing nothing special. David Hussey's bowling is better anyway, and would add impetus to the batting.

On domestic cricket: how did Brad Hadding get man of the match in this game: http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-domestic-2012/engine/current/match/576083.html?

Haddin: 114, then 7.

Henriques: 161 not out, then 50 not out off 51 balls, then 3 wickets (including Cosgrove).

Would have thought old Moises had that one wrapped up.

• 2 weeks later...

Vics are in fine form again, and an ever watchful significant innings of 89 by Matthew Wade steered the ship for the VICS after a nervous time at 6/68 chasing 140-odd.

Please select Matthew Wade for the first Test, selectors......

Vics are in fine form again, and an ever watchful significant innings of 89 by Matthew Wade steered the ship for the VICS after a nervous time at 6/68 chasing 140-odd.

Please select Matthew Wade for the first Test, selectors......

The spot has to be Wade's to lose, can't see how Haddin can justify taking the spot back for a year or whatever (wouldn't be much longer at his age).

Cant see how you can justify Haddin who is 10 years older than Wade, averages 26 in the last 3 years and considering the form Wade is in. Unbelievable innings at the Gabba last week

Speaking of vics, how Bobby Quiney hasnt had a look in is beyond me. Will probably end his career in the Hodge and D.Hussey mould of what could of been if the CA wasnt run by the NSW boys club of incompetent fools

Cant see how you can justify Haddin who is 10 years older than Wade, averages 26 in the last 3 years and considering the form Wade is in. Unbelievable innings at the Gabba last week

Speaking of vics, how Bobby Quiney hasnt had a look in is beyond me. Will probably end his career in the Hodge and D.Hussey mould of what could of been if the CA wasnt run by the NSW boys club of incompetent fools

Yet there is talk of bringing in Phil Hughes again. I have no idea why the NSW bias still exists but it it clearly a problem.

Haddins only problem is that he cannot keep wickets and as a bstsman he plays too many loose shots at innapropriate times.

Apart from that ,he is nearly 36 ,but remains mates with Pup Clarke ,so all is fine .

I'm off Cricket-mostly thanks to Pup Clarke and the whole NSW thing ,combined with the 20/20 fiasco and all that rot.

When Pattinson and Cummins combine we are in for another decade of dominance and Clarke will get the credit .

Wade will struggle to get in until he learns to lick NSW boot.

Bit off topic but does anyone know the status of Pakistani bowlers Mohammed Asif and Aamer? Really miss watching those guys, especially Asif. Him and Steyn were clearly the best fast bowlers in the world a couple of years ago.

Amir has 4 years left of his ban and Asif has 6. I think Amir just got out of prision recently

Yet there is talk of bringing in Phil Hughes again. I have no idea why the NSW bias still exists but it it clearly a problem.

Haddins only problem is that he cannot keep wickets and as a bstsman he plays too many loose shots at innapropriate times.

Apart from that ,he is nearly 36 ,but remains mates with Pup Clarke ,so all is fine .

I'm off Cricket-mostly thanks to Pup Clarke and the whole NSW thing ,combined with the 20/20 fiasco and all that rot.

When Pattinson and Cummins combine we are in for another decade of dominance and Clarke will get the credit .

Wade will struggle to get in until he learns to lick NSW boot.

No better example than his dreadful dance down the wicket when Australia were 7/21 in Cape Town. That should of been the end of him right there. And yet theres talk of him coming back. Amazing

Dont even get me started on Hughes and Clarke. Boys club where you have to be friends with clarke and steve smith to get in the side. I moved here in 04 and never once got in to aus cricket for this reason.

When the golden boys Hayden Langer etc all went, Australia have been a joke, when they couldve built a fantastic side around Hodge D.Hussey etc yet we will just see Hughes, Haddin, Mitchell Johnson get chance after chance

English courts? How does that work then? I thought they had to be tried in Pakistan.

England created Pakistan ,and the justice system.

The spot fixing in this case took place in England .

Maybe they put them In a Pakistani part of England?