Anyone for cricket?

Whispering_Jack

Angry bowlers don't usually do well at Perth. Disciplined bowlers do.

While that's true, I think the Indians have been rather undisciplined at times with their bowling and fielding as well as suffering leadership problems with the management of the bowling attack and field placings. I think that the whole furore might allow them time to regroup and refocus and if they gain the early initiative in this match, then watch out.

I'd rather look at the Perth wicket on TV before I accept its a green top for fast bowlers.

If ever there is a wicket that has lived on past reputation its Perth. Over the past decade its been generally as dead as doornail and easy to bat on particularly on the final few days. This could quite easily be a good deck and taking 4 quicks in may cause some imbalance in the attack.

If India does win this Test then we should be looking at the real reasons why they won and we lost rather than going for easy scapegoats. Geez some people tee off on fluff media pieces to suit their own agenda.

It seems that a few people have had a good look at the wicket last night.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/india-stunned-as-people-caught-drinking-on-waca-pitch-20120113-1py0z.html

If the footage is indeed a true account of what went on then its so unprofessional and its an appalling behaviour and lack of judgement. No one should be unduly touching a pitch before a match. I think that may be the last pre Test party held on the WACA.

If it is a tradition of many years then I have no problem with it. They will have walked over it countless times in the lead up to the game as they prepared it, and it should currently be hard enough that it would not be damaged in the least by normal shoes. If it is hard and fast then what is going to happen if ground staff stand on it? If Cameron Sutherland was one of those involved, do you think he'd let anything happen to the pitch (ie, his livelihood)?

Storm in a teacup, as far as I'm concerned.

However, it give India another excuse for poor performance. I have never seen a team that has more excuses for failure than India. They are more interested in saving face than they are in fixing their mess. Interesting the difference between Australia and India after poor performance. After the Ashes we said "We are crap, so how do we fix it?", while India has offered endless excuses why they aren't as crap as they really are. It's an interesting cultural difference.

I agree on the cultural differences. However, its not a good look at all and I dont think should be done. And yes it does give the Indians another issue to complain about. I hope we absolutely pole axe them in Perth. 3-0 and the lost trophy means there are fewer places to hide.

Footnote: While I dont agree with the Pitch party, it was hardly bogan behaviour. There are far greater examples to be cringing about. While the Indians have been rightly penalised for gesturing to the crowd, the elements within the crowd that seek to villify and abuse visiting cricketers are shameful and embarrassing. If you really want to cringe then that the place.

..., crowd behavior is another matter, and the indians are no better at it than Australians

No thats the Australian bogan behaviour you referred to. And issue of Indian crowds is irrelevant. There is no need for Australian heroes in the crowd to abuse visiting cricketers...period. And it happens to every touring side.

It appears that it was the Twenty20 pitch from earlier in the week that they were on .... for 7 minutes!

I see nothing wrong in celebrating a job well done (ie, the preparation of a test pitch) by 'christening' the square with an end of work beer. It's their grand final and they have put in a lot of hard work.

It's a case of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing. And if you read Indian newspapers, the quality is very poor. Even worse than the Hun as far as sensationalism goes.

No thats the Australian bogan behaviour you referred to. And issue of Indian crowds is irrelevant. There is no need for Australian heroes in the crowd to abuse visiting cricketers...period. And it happens to every touring side.

The bogan behavior i was refering to in this instance was the lying on the pitch with beers. Please do not misquote me RR. It may be a small thing, but it doesn't look good. Have the drinks inside.

You can't win bowling first. I don't know where I read it, but it must be true.

I would have batted first, but as india is a shot duck i doubt it will matter either way....

4 down already...could be done and dusted by sunday...but then again....

The bogan behavior i was refering to in this instance was the lying on the pitch with beers. Please do not misquote me RR. It may be a small thing, but it doesn't look good. Have the drinks inside.

I didn't misquote you at all. I know exactly what you referred to and its ill informed to call it "bogan" behaviour for a such a small thing.

You can't win bowling first. I don't know where I read it, but it must be true.

If its said more than twice on this site it must be true regardless of the facts.

India 4/73 with Sehwag, Sachin, Dravid and Gambhir back in the pavilion. Not good.

Great session Australia.

I know exactly what you referred to and its ill informed to call it "bogan" behaviour for a such a small thing.

I don't think it's ill informed at all..if it happened at the MCG i wouldn't be impressed at all.

Leave it alone when the job is done...Let Mother Nature weave her magic from then on....

FMD. They were lying on it. Given that they get 100kg fast bowlers pounding their feet on it and they have walked on it countlessly in the preparation. In addition they will run the 3 tonne roller up and down it 100 times before play in the morning. So much for Mother Nature....

Its not a good look but its not bogan behaviour. And I agree its a very small thing.

As a proud wog I wonder what you skips are thinking sometimes, beer on the pitch of a test match between two of the world's best teams, that is crazy. But still it gets the roller so who gives a stuff but still what is someone spilt their beer on the pitch on off on a good length, then we would have to see what the roller can fix and what it can't

All out 161...Now we have to bat for a good hour before stumps....(Gulp) Hang in there for 27 overs....Open properly Batsmen, take the shine off the ball....see them off......

Warner looks like he wants to set up the win - tonight !

Warner has the best technique since Waugh .With a better eye and more strength .

I think he will captain the country in a few years .

Perfect fieldsman also .