Alternative Strip Suggestions

Yencks

Let's be proactive...let's get as many suggestions up on this board as possible that we can send to the club. They are not going to ask us for our opinion. Let's tell them what we want

I've posted it a lot but here is my suggestion...make more

Inverted Red and Blue

if or when we get a good number of designs i will email the club

mate, send it to the club, absolutley love that inverted design

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great suggestions there guys. When i first saw Demon4Life's jumper i immediately thought 'Yeh that's the one.' It's everything this club needs and the AFL wants and i know that it would sell extremely well. Now we just need it to be highlighted on the public arena, get the club supporting it and we'll be right. Keep up the good work guys.

Hi everyone

sent an email to the club showing them some of the designs and received this very promptly

Hi Nick,

I like it. We are currently working with the AFL to try and get a clash

strip approved that only includes red and blue. The pressure however

(so there is no clash), is to make the strip predominantly white with a

red and blue motif.

I'll include you designs in our discussions.

Thanks for thinking of us.

Regards

Hi everyone

sent an email to the club showing them some of the designs and received this very promptly

Hi Nick,

I like it. We are currently working with the AFL to try and get a clash

strip approved that only includes red and blue. The pressure however

(so there is no clash), is to make the strip predominantly white with a

red and blue motif.

I'll include you designs in our discussions.

Thanks for thinking of us.

Regards

WHITE??? We are not the Bloody Western Bulldogs!!! A Clash strip can be made using Red & Blue. I am in the camp that says I don't think Clash Jumpers are needed. It's purely for Cash the AFL are doing this. The real Home ground advantage has been diluted so has the Jumper. I am not Happy..

post-1584-1216716599_thumb.jpg

There we go, fixed. And a lot of new fans, sponsors, etc.

What a joke. They can't make Collingwood get a clash jumper, yet tell us to use another colour

post-1584-1216716599_thumb.jpg

There we go, fixed. And a lot of new fans, sponsors, etc.

What a joke. They can't make Collingwood get a clash jumper, yet tell us to use another colour

is that an actual strip or just an idea? I can't yell at a brown shirt & won't. What does demietrio say in relation to Collingwood i wonder, what occurred with Jumpers last friday was just wrong except that the Filth Lost!! but the Jumper thing OMG!!

How can our players take PRIDE in the jumper when the are the only clowns to ever wear it with white/silver, Red and Blue thats are tradition and i will not accept some white, red and blue piece of crap. I am sick of this club being the jokers of the afl. do you see essendon, collingwood,st kilda, freo, bulldogs, adding colours to thier traditions. F@#$ sakes lets make a stand

chill out for a second everyone

firstly...i received a reply for that email within 1 say...that is VERY impressive and the email was kind

what she said was melbourne want a red and blue clash strip

the AFL want us to wear white or silver etc

so, b4 people attack the club..after making their mistake this year, they are actually trying to do the right thing so i dont think its fair to attack them

Not sure if anyone has already mentione this, but i suggest that we use one of our heritage jumpers like Sydney do. I don't know where to find a sample of this but i think this idea could work if there are any good guernsy's.

Just thinking outloud

Not sure if anyone has already mentione this, but i suggest that we use one of our heritage jumpers like Sydney do. I don't know where to find a sample of this but i think this idea could work if there are any good guernsy's.

This one?

2003_melbourne_167x250.jpg

• 1 year later...

the alternate strip is something the melbourne board hasnt really got its head around, i want them to get it right once and for all and we all need to band together to get the point across. i like red jumper design with the blue mfc letters written on the front, it is simple and classy and would raise much needed funds for the demon coffers through popular jumper sales. I hope they can finally get this right in 2010 and beyond because i am sick of our club looking like a bunch of amatuers

Edited by Bruce Almighty