Pick the best bloody team

If the mindset of the club is to lose games in order to gain a priority pick, IMO that's as low as any club can get. And if you think that gaining 1 priority will change the club, you are delusional.

And do you honestly think that the youngsters are learning from 10 goal + beltings every week?

The mindset is to develop a team that can have the skill and capacity to win a premiership. The loses are reflective of the lack of talent on the list and unfamilarity of younger players not any conspiracy to lose games.

I would have thought that thinking that absence of access to a PP would not improve the Club list or potential is even more delusional.

Its far better that the players learn the importance of adopting and implementing skills that are critical to achieving that goal.

lol so who is gonna kick our goals if not robbo?

I had the sound of dueling banjos in my mind when I read your post.

If its our chance to win a game then why would we promote 2 players in their twilight who have not justified their selection on form at Sandy?

shut up with ur factless rant and hyperboles

u watch the games ? or just make up this crap as u go along?

yer sure robbo loses his feet alot because the ball is going over his head most of the time not on his chest , and he is not ur tallest afl footballer... his second efforts were a big improvment last week against the roos.

as for sunday against the lions when the game was done and dusted when he dropped that ball coz of the sun . he chases a lion 70 m out of our forward line....

now when i saw that i thought of hacks like u and rhino

junk time im sick of this term WTF? is more overused on this site than "accountable" and "soft" if they go on the stats sheet, then i dont care, if u kick the winning goal in junk time is that different!?

flying for marks ? u mean the few highlights we get each year and bringing the ball to the ground ? robbo is not a crumber! he is a marker thats why aussie is in the side.

.... sure there might be couple hundred people like u on demonland/demonolgy that share the same opinion about robbo bruce yze etc... but 24 000 other fans dont and im sick of hearing it to be honest.

and dont we hear it soo much more when we are losing ?

Winning games at this point is completely irrelevant. Sure it would be nice to silence the various vultures in the media world but building a strong culture and developing kids for the future is far more important.

I honestly don't care if we don't win one single game this year because I believe that we're finally going in the right direction. For years I've been watching a self indulgent team who weren't prepared to work their arses of for the team mates and our coaching team rewarded them year after year with more senior games. Ok we played finals a couple of times, but in this competition half of the teams get in, average teams included. Our performance in the finals though was a true indication of our abilities, easily pushed aside by more comitted teams.

Apply a bit of pressure and we crumbled.

Thank god we're finally going to see the end of a depressing era.

Winning games at this point is completely irrelevant. Sure it would be nice to silence the various vultures in the media world but building a strong culture and developing kids for the future is far more important.

I honestly don't care if we don't win one single game this year because I believe that we're finally going in the right direction. For years I've been watching a self indulgent team who weren't prepared to work their arses of for the team mates and our coaching team rewarded them year after year with more senior games. Ok we played finals a couple of times, but in this competition half of the teams get in, average teams included. Our performance in the finals though was a true indication of our abilities, easily pushed aside by more comitted teams.

u mean winning A game....

i see u fit in the couple of hundred category i was talkin about before because 24 000 other fans want a win !

end of a depressing era .... if we lose every game this year i hardly would consider that the end.

when we have less that 20 000 members next year , no money etc

Yeah, our football club is going to die. :lol:

:mellow:

u mean winning A game....

i see u fit in the couple of hundred category i was talkin about before because 24 000 other fans want a win !

I enjoy the fact that I don't sway with the masses.

end of a depressing era .... if we lose every game this year i hardly would consider that the end.

when we have less that 20 000 members next year , no money etc

You're right, the 'era' won't truly end until we rid ourselves of all the players responsible, a rebirth is often a very painful process.

I understand that winning is irrelevant to us this year, for now I'd prefer to focus on the journey and leave the destination for the future.

The narrative is worse if we win 6 games with a team with an average age of 25 or 26, than if we won 1 game with a young team, that has some promise.

I don't see how 6 and 16 is such a drawcard to fairwhether supporters over and above 1 and 21. If you do see it, please explain it.

"Adem has been outstanding and his form has been very good," Bailey said.

What would you expect Bailey to say at Press conference other than that? He is not going to go into a critical analysis of player who is in the players appointed leadership and has not by choice played him in Rds 2 to 6.

If doubt go watch him at Sandy. He does enough to get by there. Given the floggings Sandy has dished out, a downhill skier like Yze should be in his element and should be dominating. He is a shadow of the player he was 3 to 4 years ago and we signed him for at least one year too many and now paying the price.

What's wrong with coming 2nd? Ask the German Army!

And I'm not referring to some meaningless home & away game in what will soon be a long forgotten season. I mean come first - PREMIERSHIP

Take the short-term pain for long term gain...play the kids and put some games into them with a view to that goal, and in the short-term they may even surprise us.

shut up with ur factless rant and hyperboles

u watch the games ? or just make up this crap as u go along?

yer sure robbo loses his feet alot because the ball is going over his head most of the time not on his chest , and he is not ur tallest afl footballer... his second efforts were a big improvment last week against the roos.

He loses his feet constantly and everytime he does he takes himself out of the contest and it allows the opposition to clear the ball. Surely you must notice that?

as for sunday against the lions when the game was done and dusted when he dropped that ball coz of the sun . he chases a lion 70 m out of our forward line....

now when i saw that i thought of hacks like u and rhino

Robbo could not do anything about the sun and yes it was a good chase however it was too little too late. The two incidents I was referring to are when he led up to the lose ball. Both times he stuck out one arm and effectively tapped the ball to Lions players instead of taking possesion. Why? I don't know.

junk time im sick of this term WTF? is more overused on this site than "accountable" and "soft" if they go on the stats sheet, then i dont care, if u kick the winning goal in junk time is that different!?

So your happy for Robbo to have no influence on the outcome of the game? Just kick goals once it is already decided?

flying for marks ? u mean the few highlights we get each year and bringing the ball to the ground ? robbo is not a crumber! he is a marker thats why aussie is in the side.

.... sure there might be couple hundred people like u on demonland/demonolgy that share the same opinion about robbo bruce yze etc... but 24 000 other fans dont and im sick of hearing it to be honest.

Robbo has taken one screamer this year from numerous attempts. I remember being so filthy with the bloke that day against Carlton I didn't even enjoy it. He missed the goal as well if memory serves me correctly.

and dont we hear it soo much more when we are losing ?

There will always be more importance on doing team things and individual performances when a team is losing games.

You mean who is going to constantly lose his feet allowing defenders easy clearance, selfishly fly for marks instead of doing the team thing and crumbing, not chase, shepard, smother, tackle or put any pressure on the opposition, attack the ball with one one hand to avoid putting his body behind it (twice on Sunday) and then kick goals in junk time when the game is well and truly over to save his own skin and ensure selection for another week?

Not sure. But I'm willing to risk it.

Before you jump up and down about Robbo, it might pay to watch how the ball is being delivered into the forward line - IT"S CRAP ! and not even a Riewoldt, Lloyd or Fevloa would do any good under that pressure. WAKE UP

as much as i would like to see a win...it should be the no.1 priority...but i think it would be better value playing the kids...we are looking toward the future, and yze and holland have been great servants but nevertheless, time has passed, there will be no benefits in playing them because if we want a chance of long term winning, it is time to hasten the younger players' development

Look, I started this issue, by pointing out that the club has never been so low. No-one seems to disagree. What I find puzzling is that people such as Rhino, Gouga and RPFC don't seem to take into consideration just how serious it is.If we continue to peform as we are what will be the financial result this year? Doesn't it matter? I think it does, that we are on thin ice, and that we could easily receive dreadful news. That our club won't be playing in Melbourne. Or playing several home games interstate.
Just imagine how hard it must be this week to attract a crowd.
I repeat-no-one I can recall has had a percentage of 50 after 6 rounds [of which 4 have been at the G]
I have no beef for any one player--Holland Yze or whoever. But we must pick a team which has a chance. It must have a structure, including a tall forward and as a matter of principal the best 22 in-form players must be picked, otherwise integrity within the football dept is lost.[if this means dropping Robbo--on form--so be it]
And the other point is this. I resent Rhino's reference to my "rant" It's not-it's intended to be constructive, and you'll note that I don't resort to mindless criticism of the players we're alleged to be supporting. In short--stop abusing other posters, or players!
The mindset is to develop a team that can have the skill and capacity to win a premiership. The loses are reflective of the lack of talent on the list and unfamilarity of younger players not any conspiracy to lose games.

I would have thought that thinking that absence of access to a PP would not improve the Club list or potential is even more delusional.

Its far better that the players learn the importance of adopting and implementing skills that are critical to achieving that goal.
I had the sound of dueling banjos in my mind when I read your post.

If its our chance to win a game then why would we promote 2 players in their twilight who have not justified their selection on form at Sandy?

Agree with you entirely. Bring back some much need experience and give us a chance to be more competitive!!!

Who cares about being competitve? WE NEED TO LOSE GAMES!!! It's as simple as that. We need this naita kid.. He's going to be a star.. Is he worth losing for the sake of winning some pointless games. Remember round 19 last season when we gave the doggies a bath? Tha could cost us pick 1&2 this year.. For what? So we can see dutchy kick 5 again. I know it's painfull now but it will be even more painfull for much longer if we don't get these young stars..

Lots of passionate supporters giving different opinions is great i think

Its Plain common sense to move foward by playing more kids and let them develop together

Only play experienced players on form as it really important that form is rewarded NOT reputation

I agree you cant play kids in ALL positions in the one game as you do need experinced players in the mix

Yze is a classic example of a player who has given the club good service but his best is well past him

He ISNT our future He is the PAST

He has given us supporters some great memories

Lets MOVE FORWARD

Look, I started this issue, by pointing out that the club has never been so low. No-one seems to disagree. What I find puzzling is that people such as Rhino, Gouga and RPFC don't seem to take into consideration just how serious it is.If we continue to peform as we are what will be the financial result this year? Doesn't it matter? I think it does, that we are on thin ice, and that we could easily receive dreadful news. That our club won't be playing in Melbourne. Or playing several home games interstate.

Just imagine how hard it must be this week to attract a crowd.

I repeat-no-one I can recall has had a percentage of 50 after 6 rounds [of which 4 have been at the G]

I have no beef for any one player--Holland Yze or whoever. But we must pick a team which has a chance. It must have a structure, including a tall forward and as a matter of principal the best 22 in-form players must be picked, otherwise integrity within the football dept is lost.[if this means dropping Robbo--on form--so be it]

And the other point is this. I resent Rhino's reference to my "rant" It's not-it's intended to be constructive, and you'll note that I don't resort to mindless criticism of the players we're alleged to be supporting. In short--stop abusing other posters, or players!

The club is in dire straits, I realise this. However, this season will bring damage that 6 wins with an old side will not remedy. That is as hopeless as 1 and 21. As I continue to say the media, which colours the views of all footy lovers, will paint the club as futureless and hopeless if we follow the path of a side scraping out a few wins with players who will soon be cast aside.

If Yze's form is exceptional (he did some great things last saturday), then by all means bring him in. But his inclusion should be weighted against the needs of a club that is looking past this week, and this year, to the future.

When it is all said and done, we should realise the only way out of our malaise is to win a flag. That is not served by playing Holland and Yze and Robertson and Bruce and Green and Neitz and Carroll and Wheatley and McDonald and White and Whelan. Please note the 'ands.' I am not saying get rid of them all (another question at the end of the season) but I am saying we have to take care of our future by not playing all or even a majority of these players as they will not be here as we move for a flag.

This is not about NN, or priority picks. I want to win next week, but I want to win with a young team that is showing promise...of a flag.

Some supporters have no idea and have blind faith in players that have been no good for 2-3 years. Holland and Yze aren't the answer, one poster mentioned Holland had two good games last year, 2 out of 22 possible games for a 10 year AFL player, Yze was injured but was bad enough for ND to drop him for teh first time in 11 years. Stop looking at our senior players they are past it and will not assist us to get better.

At least if we play our younger players we are developing them, what is the point losing with Yze and Holland in the team. If we wont to be competitive in 2009 soory we have to improve our younger players they may stuff up and we get beaten, but lets face it most of our players that have been on our list 7+years are on the decline we need to find players on the upside