• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Holland takes action against Tigers

Demon Jim

Just thinking aloud...if Richmond were...say...to be found of salary cap misdemeanors, would they incur loss of picks come end of year ?? Just thinking !! :rolleyes:;):rolleyes:;):rolleyes:

Just thinking aloud...if Richmond were...say...to be found of salary cap misdemeanors, would they incur loss of picks come end of year ?? Just thinking !! :rolleyes:;):rolleyes:;):rolleyes:

Haha.

It's not hard to imagine that offers of work, land etc. may have been excluded from the TPP.

Haha.

It's not hard to imagine that offers of work, land etc. may have been excluded from the TPP.

The AFL has, in the past, been extremely inconsistent in its dealings over salary cap cheating and I can fully imagine Fonzie burying his head in the sand over this issue as he has done on the issue of tanking and the current priority pick rules which are an utter blight on our game.

If this proves to be a case of salary cap infraction, then Richmond should face the music in much the same way as Carlton, Essendon and Melbourne had to do in the past.

Given how disruptive such an issue can become for a club (remember what happened to Melbourne and Carlton after the salary cap breach news broke?), I wonder how Caroline Wilson and others deal with this. Will they be all over it for months and give the Tigers a constant dose of bad publicity or will they just allow it to blow over?

Guest fatty
The AFL has, in the past, been extremely inconsistent in its dealings over salary cap cheating and I can fully imagine Fonzie burying his head in the sand over this issue as he has done on the issue of tanking and the current priority pick rules which are an utter blight on our game.

If this proves to be a case of salary cap infraction, then Richmond should face the music in much the same way as Carlton, Essendon and Melbourne had to do in the past.

Given how disruptive such an issue can become for a club (remember what happened to Melbourne and Carlton after the salary cap breach news broke?), I wonder how Caroline Wilson and others deal with this. Will they be all over it for months and give the Tigers a constant dose of bad publicity or will they just allow it to blow over?

This is a minefield for the AFL and they'll be all over it as quickly as possible to tell us all how its not an issue.

If its not part of the TPP then thats fine, but the Tax Office should be sniffing around in regards to Fringe Benefits. It doesn't apply to Holland as nothing was ever paid, but you'd wonder what "benefits" Judd, Buckley etc. and others are getting.

I don't think Holland would win this case. The ramifications are too much. Best swept under the carpet. The AFL should focus on how bad The Dees are. Far easier material.

Heheh... wondring how long before others twigged !! lol

Would certanly put such as caro.. Hungry and others on the back foot at least. As I understand what is being alledged then its much the same as the Carlton scenario....and they got hammered !!

I f I were members of certain clubs (even board level) I certainly wouldnt be allowing Demitrifool anywhere to run.

Should Benny's battle have legs then you would expect the Toiges to be in deep do-do !!

If any action takes place, will the AFL find a way to give a draft pick to Adelaide in the same way they gave ours to Freo as compo for Jeff White?

I would have thought that Adelaide would give Richmond their first round draft pick for allowing them to dodge a $1.3m bullet.

If any action takes place, will the AFL find a way to give a draft pick to Adelaide in the same way they gave ours to Freo as compo for Jeff White?

No, they have since stated that that was an error. The same thing happened when Freo got Farmer, they were found to be over their salary cap but the AFL said that they wouldn't do the same penalty...

No contract was entered into with Adelaide..why would they get anything ?

No...this is a Richmond..and Richmond only debacle.

No contract was entered into with Adelaide..why would they get anything ?

No...this is a Richmond..and Richmond only debacle.

Its going to be interesting to see how the AFL keeps a lid on this one.

Who knows how deep the rabbit hole goes? I suspect [but admit have no proof] that this practice is rife throughout the AFL.

Have no doubt that its not isolated nor peculiar to Richmond. Well the AFL have no say on the Supreme Court . Its already in the public domain.

But yes..will be intriguing to see how this develops.

You wouldnt lodge with SC unless you thought you had a case !! ;)

I was just hoping someone would bite. Everyone's so angry these days i was hoping to trigger another argument...!

you failed.. thers no argument.. nothing to answer :lol::rolleyes:

Wheres the anger in this discussion? its all pretty much just matter of fact. And as the facts become clearer I'd expect the sloth that is the AFL to come to bear on Punt Road.

Id expect as much interest to come from Windy Hill and Optus Oval too :)

After all..whats good for the goos ..is good for the gander.. tiger....... ;)

Same thing probably happens at every club. You've got sponsors, board members, club benefactors, all with outside business interests, as if it doesn't get used to help pay players.

So the AFL have been ignorant in not dealing with it (wow... unusual), but if I was Ben Holland and I'd been dudded out of half a mill as if I wouldn't go to court to get it.

Same thing probably happens at every club. You've got sponsors, board members, club benefactors, all with outside business interests, as if it doesn't get used to help pay players.

That is true. According to Brian Waldron those agreements can be included in contracts as long as they are disclosed. Richmond's mistake wasn't offering Holland incentives to stay, it was not disclosing them to the AFL who would have the final say as to what is to be included in the salary cap.

So the AFL have been ignorant in not dealing with it (wow... unusual), but if I was Ben Holland and I'd been dudded out of half a mill as if I wouldn't go to court to get it.

Imagine the deals you could do outside the salary cap if your club was headed by the director of a company known to bend to the rules <_<

Imagine the deals you could do outside the salary cap if your club was headed by the director of a company known to bend to the rules <_<

Ben's timing is interesting. Why wait until now? (unless there is a time limit approaching) Pehaps Ben recognises he will need more cashflow from the end of August 2008.

I am sure MFC and DB dont need another distraction from what our players should be concerntrating on!

ahh... and the can of worms opens slowly!! lol.. Thankyou Danny for your 'qualified" denial. Attempting to save your arse I see.

There is a difference between making ambit claims and having sufficient to lodge in court. Now the process of the court will itself want to test the validity of his claims but youd have to think his legal brief will have considered this already.

Theres more to this that many migh tthink...interms of consequence. The Toiges either decide to fight it and hope for a win as this is only outcome that cant incur wrath of AFL..or it fights and loses..or ...it settles out of court with details suppressed. Either of the latter outcomes will attract the attention of the AFL.

I think the Punt Road crowd might just be a little anxious at the moment.

Why would Benny be doing it now ? Timing. Clogs might do more damage for the Demons this year than he ever could with his boots !! lol.

Often in these things we get the obligatory "flat out denials" from the accused. Thats not happening. If anything the various parties are positioning themselves for fallout. Yes its early days yet but i have a feeling this could turn quite explosive.

Thanks Dutchy...love your work son !! B) :rolleyes:

wondered how long before Caro had to bite !! :rolleyes:

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/holl...7249463486.html

ah....its an interesting distraction lol.!! We're only a few games into the first set yet.... a ways to go me thinks.. Richmond's returned service...but tis game on.

I wonder if Carlton will be able to contain itself from saying anything as its very much their model of doing things too. And they were punished!!

Guest melbman

Nice case of semantics by Frawley

and that's all they were, opportunities
&
There were no words like 'promise' or 'guarantee'. There was one word: 'opportunity'.

Frawley's view: Opportunity to be offered money making deals

Ben's view: Offered money making deals that had the opportunity to be further developed

Ben's version has definite offers. Frawley's version would have us believe that Ben was lured by a $500K maybe! Who's he kidding? But if it was only a maybe and it was never paid then I guess their argument is that there is no breach cos it never existed. Nice worming!

Did anyone else read Chip Le Grands story in the weekend Australian.

This was the sentence that stood out a mile for me:

..The writ was lodged to keep the case within statutory time limits. Richmond and Casey wont be served until the end of this season, when Holland retires as an AFL player

So there you have it, Dutchy is retiring at the end of the year. I guess hardly surprising, but its a very understated place for this news to emerge.