Dees pay HALF of Jonno's salary in Brisbane!

tallstuey

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Biff.

Having said that there are some pretty strong parrallels here: given the stage our list is in right now Im stoked that we're having a shot at picking up a ten year player, rather than hanging onto someone who'd be very lucky to have another four left in him.

Exactly TSJ. I wish more Melbourne supporters would appreciate this. A perpetually inconsistent TJ, or a potential 10 year player? Not a tough decision really.

God... too many Jager bombs for me tonight... bed beckons.

He was dropped on several occasions; his 2005 was very ordinary and had precious little to do with the team he was playing for. As you said though, its ultimately irrelevant. Obviously we didnt think he would have faired that much better if he'd stayed at Melbourne. I dont understand how anyone can still say we made the wrong decision: would you rather we have Bell for the next ten years, or would you rather we'd had Woewodin until the end of 2005? I think its a no-brainer.

The reason we got rid of TJ and kept some ordinary players is pretty simple: we were never going to get a first round pick for Jamar or Ferg. Since we'd already delisted a fair few players those two got lucky, but my guess is they wont be here in two years time either. I dont really see your argument, if we're clearing the deadwood and bringing in youth then this off-seasons been pretty productive so far.

woewodins career can be summed up the same as andriy shevchenkos soccer career

Has anyone seen the article by Mark Stevens in the Hun today? I can't believe it takes something like this to evoke a reaction out of everyone. Supporters are too happy to slate the club when they make an unpopular decision, but there is no support when they do something positive.

There's been plenty of support on this forum.