• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Septopia!

Guest The Tiger Of Old

Guest The Tiger Of Old

It's show-time!

It's a shame we're not here this year but on Friday night, the 2008 AFL Finals series begins.

The ladder (as I'm sure you all know) is as follows;

1. Geelong

2. Port Adelaide

3. West Coast

4. Kangaroos

5. Hawthorn

6. Collingwood

7. Sydney

8. Adelaide

Port Adelaide will play at home against West Coast in their qualifying final on Friday night.

Hawthorn will dual against Adelaide to keep their finals hopes alive on Saturday.

Sydney will venture to Melbourne to play Collingwood on Saturday night, also to keep the dream alive.

Then finally, another interesting match up including Geelong & the Kangaroos for their qualifying final match.

Firstly, I'd like to say well done to those Victorian teams who finished in the top 8 this year. Hopefully we can get the Cup back to Victoria.

However, the likes of Port Adelaide, West Coast, Sydney, & Adelaide have all recently tasted glory & know what it takes to win the premiership.

I like Geelong & they have had an outstanding year but my tip is Port Adelaide. Too strong a line up & will want to prove themselves again.

I think the one's to be wary of are West Coast & Sydney. Both are very competitive at their best. Kangroos, & Hawthorn are both also in this category but they'll need their 'stars' firing.

With all this said, Collingwood & Adelaide will be eliminated this week. Geelong & Port Adelaide will have next week off.

What is everyone else's thoughts?

Who will take it home this year?

I agree with your predictions except Adelaide - I think they might get up against the Hawks (I hate Hawthorn though so hard to think in a rational frame of mind)

My money is on Port to take the big one and I also think Eagles and Swans are the ones to watch.....wondering if the Eagles will be able to cover their injuries though.

Not a fan of Geelong or Mark Thompson so don't want them to win a finals match - I would love them to go out in straight sets.

Good post.

I think it's a two horse race, Port Adelaide or West Coast.

I disagree that the Hawks will beat the Crows. they will play their guts out for Roo.

Plus I am concerned as to if the Hawks kids can handle the pressure, and the poor form at the dome compared to the Croweaters.

Geelong are always going to be very dangerous, but I see them struggling big time without Matthew Egan, he has dominated this year, really being under rated to how good Geelong are, even though the top 40 for All Australian.

Sydney are always going to be an outside chance but I think might get pipped at the post by a team like Geelong, although their brand of footy has got September written all over it, no one plays that hard.

I would love to see the Kangas make the Prelims but they won't make the granny in my opinion. Sadly.

The pies wont make it far this year, but who knows, a big game from one of their star forwards (ie. Rocca, Didak or Davis) and they might be at least semi final bound. They also may be boosted by the possibillity of the last season for Bucks.

The Qaulifying final between Port and West Coast seems to be the telling one. I truely belive, whoever wins that game and gets the prelim final at home, will win it all.

Carn the Dees in 08.

Guest The Tiger Of Old
Would love to see the Kangas get up - imagine Wayne Carey having to admit that Dean Laidley has done wonders for the Roos!

Carey is the best player of all time IMO.

I don't think the Kangaroos will go far. They're good but the Finals is a whole other ball game...

I know he did - was waiting for him to say the S word but if the Roos managed to take it all the way, I would just love to see Wayne Carey's reaction. I also think he is one of the best players of all time but gees, he is arrogant!

I know he did - was waiting for him to say the S word but if the Roos managed to take it all the way, I would just love to see Wayne Carey's reaction. I also think he is one of the best players of all time but gees, he is arrogant!

Haha you wont see the S word in a million years.

Unless of course it's glitzed up and promotes ratings, and he gets some money for it from producers. Then he might say he was a bit silly.

Oh did you mean sorry? from Carey? No Way!!!

God Carey is wiked.

I want Port to win it because I like some of their players (especially Westhoff). I think they will win it.

I also want North to win it because they have so little and it would be a triumph against adversity situation that would be quite life affirming . . . for Kangas supporters.

If Geelong or Hawthorn win it I will puke.

It's out of West Coast, Sydney, Port and Geelong (obviously). Carn the Power and the Roos.

For me it is a 3 way split between either the kangas, power and cats.

I would like the kangas to win followed by cats

Dark horses are sydney and wet toast

Defnitely dont want to win are the filth

Can they handle pressure of finals? hawks, not sure?

Couldn't give a stuff who wins it, but all I know is that if the Roos win the flag this year, there will be some embarassed footy clubs around.

I still view the Roos as a 9-13 side. Thrash the bottom teams, but can't mix it against the elite ie - losing to Brisbane, WCE and Geelong in rounds 18-20.

They will be found out come finals time.

As previously said, Great Post!!

It is out of 3 in my opinion....

Port, Geelong and Sydney....

Port

I really believe they are the ones to beat.... Strong defence, Strong midfield and kick a$$ forward line!

September is where names are made....

Some names to watch

Cornes Boys

Burgoyne

Rodan (Amazing comeback)

Westhoff

Daniel Motlop (Their version of Darren Jarman)

Geelong

Still believe they have what it takes to go all the way..... Similar strong points to Port, just need to believe they can do it!

The team under the most pressure from their supporters tho.... Waited a long time!

Yes, Port recently beat them at Skilled.... But that was without Bartel, LingFish and Ablett semi-injured....

Names to watch

Mooney (Inspirational to his team-mates)

Son of God (My favourite player to watch from an opposition side)

Ling

Ottens

Bartel

Steve Johnson (The Cats version of Darren Jarman)

Sydney

We all know what they are capable of.... If any team can handle pressure and win finals matches it is this one!

Firing at the right time.... As they always seem to do....

Names to watch

Adam Goodes (Need I say more)

Kirk

Barry Hall (Can turn a match)

O'Keefe

Davis

Micky O (The Swans version of Darren Jarman)

Now the dark horse in my opinion is Adelaide! Just yet to see if they can kick enough goals to win the big ones!

The references to Darren Jarman are obvious for anyone who has followed Grand Finals..... The ultimate X Factor!!

While I wouldn't think Adelaide could win the flag based on their form over the season and their position on the finals starting grid, things may work out for them if they beat Hawthorn and Port beats WCE.

They could face the Roos in week 2, which you'd be pretty happy about in a semi-final. Win that and then it's a prelim in Adelaide against Port, who they have a great record against.

But no team has won the flag from 6th, 7th or 8th.

I think they have a great chance but you don't think Port are too strong?

Love Port, Think there an awesome side. But the Eagles are the best team in the league. They won 6 out of there last 7.

They weren't to great at beginning of year but Cousins makes a huge difference.

The BIG loss is Kerr.

I just don't see how Geelong could not win the flag this year. If any other side won the flag, they would be the worst premiers since 1998. The Kangas are not Premiership material, Hawthorn, Port and Collingwood are still a year or two off peaking, while West Coast and Sydney would be laughing if they won it given their injuries. Adelaide is starting from too far down the ladder to win four finals. It would take a monumental choke of, well, Geelong proportions for the Cats to blow this one.

Guest The Tiger Of Old

The finals - It's a totally different ball game.

Port, Syd, WC, & Adel have all been there before recently.

Geelong, Hawthorn, & the Kangaroos haven't.

Collingwood have but they are way off from the rest of the group.

Call it a "choke" if you want but that's what will happen.

It will either be Port Adelaide, West Coast, or Sydney.

Without question.

My money is on the POWER!