Oliver Trade Rumours

11 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

This is from someone that attended the B & F. Some want to hear this, some don’t. No biggie. The below was sent to me. 

I said “Please Clarrie, tell me you’re not leaving us.” He just smiled. I was drunk as it was but then the anger kicked in. I said, “This is messed up. Why are you doing this?!” He said, “Remember what I’ve told you before? The only way I’d leave the club is if they booted me out, otherwise I’m not going anywhere. That still stands and always will.”
 I said, “If Pert or whoever dares to offload you, I’ll burn down the MCG.”
He said, “Don’t believe everything you read.” 

No disrespect but your mate sounds like a bit of a drop kick.

Why go to these events just to harass players? It's like meeting your favourite soap opera stars and asking them for spoilers.

• Like 3
  • Clap 2

3 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I remember my 19th Birthday clearly. I had to count how many individual grains of rice there were in a full bucket. Nothing wrong with boring. 

Go hard or go home.

• Haha 3

Ok, so let’s entertain this nonsense for a second. Let’s say the club finds a trade for Clayton they’re happy with and do it. That means within 10 days the President, Football Manager and the List Manager will all have lied to the public and Melbourne’s members about trading Clayton (not to mention Geelong’s list manager). Members are upset when good players are traded, particularly when they’re in contract, combine that with outright lies and the relief most members felt when hearing that announcement and the fury will be like nothing we’ve seen before.

How do you spin that? How do you run a membership drive? How do you get members and supporters to ever trust you again? How do you get donations for a new home base? How do you keep your other players on the list? 

I think this is staying in the press through a combination of boredom and wanting to maintain pressure on a clearly very media disliked Gary Pert (check out Barrett’s article on AFL.com outright calling for Pert to go). But I also just can’t see how it happens due to the fall out for the football club, Brad Green starts his presidency with an outright lie at the B&F?!!!
We’re being called a circus and disaster and everything else now, imagine if we immediately make three senior club figures liars. Insanity.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Garbo said:

It’s been put to bed by the president and our list boss within the last week, the only ones digging it up are the media because they have nothing better to talk about with only 3 trades in 3 days. 

Didn't he say Clayton will be in the mid-field with Max, Jack and Trac at the first bounce Round 1 - we might be playing Geelong? BTW, I take it from the Pres's speech we are not playing Round Zero next year?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Mine was awesome

massive bonfire at property in Gisborne - spent a year building it

mates chucked canned food on fire and sent them whizzing to the top of the property 

was rad

Fire could be seen from the Calder all the way from the north and up the Mount 

We're from very different necks of the woods, I suspect, but nothing beats a giant bonfire.

Best bonfire I ever had was the final night of a season of outdoor nighttime opera (seriously) that finished with the entire stage - set, curtains, props, base, backstage and definitely some non-regulation bonus flammables - being sent up in flames to a massed chorus of Carmina Burana.

I think my mum got free tickets because one of the music teachers at her school was involved.

Stick that up ya 'Never tear us apart'.

• Like 1

Wow. Just WOW. I logged on because I really miss Demonland and I wanted to share in the joy of our stirring win tonight  and within 60 seconds I was reminded of why I bailed in the first place, namely, DazzleDavey36.

Incidentally, the B&F was organised differently this year in that the players weren’t approached at any time other than the three pre-planned breaks at which times the players would congregate in a designated area for the express purpose of signatures and pics. I was tasked with taking a shy special-needs member of the DA around to get pics of him with players. But if that makes anyone cringe… whatever.

Anyways, just letting folks know that the sole reason I’ll not be a part of this forum again is that obnoxious bully DazzleDavy36 who has worn me down by attrition. I hope you’re proud of yourself, you’re a bully who’s won. Great going, hero.

@Demonland  Andy, gotta say it’s disappointing that bullies are afforded the freedom to hurt people. It really should be curtailed. I paid for a life membership and I’ve made donations to DL so to be driven out is super unfair.

i was gonna reply to PMs but I can’t bring myself to be on here for much longer after reading the comments in this thread. Thank you to folks who’ve reached out in PMs and I’m really sorry I can’t reply.

WCW out for good 😢

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3
  • Sad 12
  • Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Wow. Just WOW. I logged on because I really miss Demonland and I wanted to share in the joy of our stirring win tonight  and within 60 seconds I was reminded of why I bailed in the first place, namely, DazzleDavey36.

Incidentally, the B&F was organised differently this year in that the players weren’t approached at any time other than the three pre-planned breaks at which times the players would congregate in a designated area for the express purpose of signatures and pics. I was tasked with taking a shy special-needs member of the DA around to get pics of him with players. But if that makes anyone cringe… whatever.

Anyways, just letting folks know that the sole reason I’ll not be a part of this forum again is that obnoxious bully DazzleDavy36 who has worn me down by attrition. I hope you’re proud of yourself, you’re a bully who’s won. Great going, hero.

@Demonland  Andy, gotta say it’s disappointing that bullies are afforded the freedom to hurt people. It really should be curtailed. I paid for a life membership and I’ve made donations to DL so to be driven out is super unfair.

i was gonna reply to PMs but I can’t bring myself to be on here for much longer after reading the comments in this thread. Thank you to folks who’ve reached out in PMs and I’m really sorry I can’t reply.

WCW out for good 😢

I'm really going to miss you WCW. I really love your posts x

• Like 8
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

WCW out for good 😢

if you don’t like a poster just block them

Thats what I do. No need to leave if you enjoy other aspects and of the site

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

within 60 seconds I was reminded of why I bailed in the first place, namely, DazzleDavey36.

Do what you need for your own well-being of course, but can't you just block him (along with anyone else you feel so-inclined). The block option is there for a purpose, and preserving one's mental health is definitely a purpose.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

WCW out for good 😢

will seriously miss you as you added so much to this forum. I also vote  for you blocking him and not allowing him that power… but do what’s right for you. 

• Like 3

Please reconsider WCW. You bring so much with your quirky, informative training reports, your trusted relationship with these players/coaches, your insider information on the Demon Army, and most of all your fearless support of team members and officials when their character and worth is under attack. Block the bastard and stay with us. We need you!

• Like 7
  • Clap 1

I’d put him on ignore but I’d still have to see his posts when someone quotes him, which happens a lot. And he vomit or FacePalm emojis pretty much everything I say. He’s insidious. I guess I’ll never be as thick-skinned as I wish I was. I’m not nearly as strong as I thought I was.

He is literally tormenting me. It’s relentless, he just won’t let it go. I’m not strong enough to deal with such bitter nastiness. Maybe sometime in the future I’ll feel stronger than I do at the present time.

Until recently I absolutely loved this forum, I really did and I’m so sad without the daily engagement.

Thank you to those who are so caring. I’m really gonna miss folks on here, truly I will.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1
  • Vomit 1

7 minutes ago, waynewussell said:

Please reconsider WCW. You bring so much with your quirky, informative training reports, your trusted relationship with these players/coaches, your insider information on the Demon Army, and most of all your fearless support of team members and officials when their character and worth is under attack. Block the bastard and stay with us. We need you!

♥️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I’d put him on ignore but I’d still have to see his posts when someone quotes him, which happens a lot. And he vomit or FacePalm emojis pretty much everything I say. He’s insidious. I guess I’ll never be as thick-skinned as I wish I was. I’m not nearly as strong as I thought I was.

He is literally tormenting me. It’s relentless, he just won’t let it go. I’m not strong enough to deal with such bitter nastiness. Maybe sometime in the future I’ll feel stronger than I do at the present time.

Until recently I absolutely loved this forum, I really did and I’m so sad without the daily engagement.

Thank you to those who are so caring. I’m really gonna miss folks on here, truly I will.

It really feels like someone else should be leaving the forum, not you. 

• Clap 3
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

’d put him on ignore but I’d still have to see his posts when someone quotes him, which happens a lot.

No, you'll see that someone has quoted him (or her) but his content will be removed. Also, he won't be able to react to your posts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bowserpower said:

No disrespect but your mate sounds like a bit of a drop kick.

Why go to these events just to harass players? It's like meeting your favourite soap opera stars and asking them for spoilers.

You have no idea how the event was organized on the night, and if you think supporters turned up just to harass players you're the dropkick. No offence.

• Clap 1

7 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Walking Civil War

This forum will not be the same you, and I hope that you can come back one day. Thank you for the great contribution you made to this forum. Good luck for the future. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Clap 1

7 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

♥️

Just my two cents 

I know some people can be a bit irrational on here but from my experience the good outnumber them 10 fold 

Harness your demon spirit this club including it’s supporters need to stick tight more than ever 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

WCW out for good 😢

WCW, I'll miss your combativeness on Demonstone's quizzes, but this isn't that right topic to say your goodbyes. Maybe start a new post.

Personally, I like DD36 as a poster, because he doesn't take the company line, and is knowledgeable about the game. As others have said, just use the ignore function.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, deejammin' said:

Ok, so let’s entertain this nonsense for a second. Let’s say the club finds a trade for Clayton they’re happy with and do it. That means within 10 days the President, Football Manager and the List Manager will all have lied to the public and Melbourne’s members about trading Clayton (not to mention Geelong’s list manager). Members are upset when good players are traded, particularly when they’re in contract, combine that with outright lies and the relief most members felt when hearing that announcement and the fury will be like nothing we’ve seen before.

How do you spin that? How do you run a membership drive? How do you get members and supporters to ever trust you again? How do you get donations for a new home base? How do you keep your other players on the list? 

I think this is staying in the press through a combination of boredom and wanting to maintain pressure on a clearly very media disliked Gary Pert (check out Barrett’s article on AFL.com outright calling for Pert to go). But I also just can’t see how it happens due to the fall out for the football club, Brad Green starts his presidency with an outright lie at the B&F?!!!
We’re being called a circus and disaster and everything else now, imagine if we immediately make three senior club figures liars. Insanity.

Yep if after all this we trade Oliver for unders it's going to be difficult to trust anything the club says.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

WCW out for good 😢

Obviously you are upset, but you are more resilient than that, so please stay on, as most including me appreciate your posts.

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Oxdee said:

Nonsense, Oliver trade has had almost more media attention than trac. It’s in everyone’s best interest to quash the story and move on. A 2 minute interview saying how much he is looking forward to next season is sufficient. Concerning that they can’t even give us that 

I thought he had said pretty much that numerous times. That he loves the club and will only go elsewhere if forced to do so