AFLCA Champion Player - knife's edge

Big Col

AFLCA votes in the last 2 rounds are held over as secret. After RD21, the leader board was:

• 88 Miller, Neale
  • 86 Oliver, Petracca
  • 75 Cripps, Rozee

I don't think Neale would have received votes in Rd22 and certainly not last night.
GC got thrashed last week, so I doubt Miller was in the votes

I'd be confident that Oliver got some votes last night, and maybe some against Carlton. Trac possibly too.
I think Cripps and Rozee are too far behind.

If Miller doesn't get in the votes this week (GC are playing Nth, so easily possible), then I'd put money on Clarry taking home a 2nd consecutive award. 

• Like 3

When Clarry looks back on his career, he will acknowledge and appreciate all his achievements. But I get he feeling that because he knows he isn't a great media performer, he dislikes having to do all the public stuff that comes with the awards. 

Also, I am of the opinion that there won't be too many AFL-wide awards for Dees players during this era. We have too many players playing at the peak of their powers, all at the same time. Trac, Clarry, Max, Gus, May, Viney, etc... all taking votes from each other. I will be very glad to be wrong and would love to see some of them rewarded. But Premierships count so much more.

3 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Clearly if it’s fair dinkum then Oliver gets 10 votes last night.  Fagan might give Neale one vote if he’s generous.  

Pretty even performance from our boys. If I was Goody I'd give Clarry maximum to look after him. Certainly would be undeserved votes 

34 minutes ago, Fanatique Demon said:

Clarry for the double!

How about quadruple - AFLCA Downlow Premiership and Norm ❤️💙❤️💙

• Love 1