Jump to content

  • Podcast: Grand Final Preview      

  • Podcast: Gary Pert Interview & Grand Final Preview      

Trump v. Biden


Jumping Jack Clennett
 Share


Recommended Posts


What a garbage attack that debate was. Everyone has gone crazy about Biden telling Trump to shut up but the most personal remark for me was Trump's "There's nothing smart about you Joe".

To Biden's credit he'd prepared very well and looked down the barrel to address the American people, Trump stuffed it up a bit by interrupting all the time. He probably would have gotten a lot further letting Biden talk and eventually tripping up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It proves to me what a sad shambles of a place the US is. Then again, it always has been: a country built on slavery and white supremacy, which murdered most of its native inhabitants, which has been at war for every year of its history bar - it's either sixteen or fourteen years, there's a Jimmy Carter You tube clip made not that long ago which nominates this great achievement. It is a lunatic asylum run by lunatics and war mongers. The main trouble is, Biden and Co are no better.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For the next debate they need to hire a mother of small children to moderate.... “if you two don’t get along so help me god I’m turning this debate around and going home”. 
 

A shambles and an embarrassment to democracy. Not since the Second World War has the world been more desperate for good strong leadership. Between Trump, the dictators in Russia and China and that moron Boris, the world is absolutely [censored]. 
Biden is a very underwhelming candidate, but there is no doubt that a pile of day old rubbish would be a better option than Trump so ?‍♀️
 

I live in hope Harris destroys that mouth breathing sack of [censored] Pence and seals the Democrats the victory. God knows these two old white men wont. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A nil all draw would be an apt result with these 2 candidates

But Trump will play to his audience and if Biden plays personalities he'll come off 2nd best

The Democrats & Biden would be best suited to totally ignore Trump (as hard as that is) otherwise the game gets played on Trump's terms

And the end result could see Trump win again.  Much like Hillary,  Biden is just the wrong candidate. 

The Dems should have presented a younger vibrant,  savvy and intelligent nominee

I don't have a dog in the fight as I can't abide any side of politics.  They're nearly all corrupt & incompetent to my way of thinking

But if it is a dog fight,  Trump wins

Biden leads in the polls but the gaps aren't nearly big enough to guarantee a Biden victory. In fact,  the polls are merely a guide as reality tells us that the presidential election will be decided by the swing States & Rust Belt States

As it was in the last election

 

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Macca said:

A nil all draw would be an apt result with these 2 candidates

But Trump will play to his audience and if Biden plays personalities he'll come off 2nd best

The Democrats & Biden would be best suited to totally ignore Trump (as hard as that is) otherwise the game gets played on Trump's terms

And the end result could see Trump win again.  Much like Hillary,  Biden is just the wrong candidate. 

The Dems should have presented a younger vibrant,  savvy and intelligent nominee

I don't have a dog in the fight as I can't abide any side of politics.  They're nearly all corrupt & incompetent to my way of thinking

But if it is a dog fight,  Trump wins

Biden leads in the polls but the gaps aren't nearly big enough to guarantee a Biden victory. In fact,  the polls are merely a guide as reality tells us that the presidential election will be decided by the swing States & Rust Belt States

As it was in the last election

 

Their system is flawed. Hillary should have been president. 3,000,000 extra votes and she loses to this muppet. 

Whether Trump wins or loses, the damage is done with a 6-3 conservative majority in the Supreme Court. 
Can’t wait for them to cancel the health care and abortion bills. Welcome back to 1958. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Their system is flawed. Hillary should have been president. 3,000,000 extra votes and she loses to this muppet. 

Whether Trump wins or loses, the damage is done with a 6-3 conservative majority in the Supreme Court. 
Can’t wait for them to cancel the health care and abortion bills. Welcome back to 1958. 

Their system is their system and Trump won fair & square under that system last time.  Most of the extra votes came out of California & New York

And we all knew that going in.  The key is winning the Swing States & Rust Belt States.

And that's what Trump did last time.  But my argument is a totally neutral one.  I wouldn't vote for any of them

The extreme Alt Right are as bad as the extreme loonie left.  In fact,  both have a lot in common.  Telling us how to live our lives is the common theme.  And neither side have much of a clue so why should anyone even listen to them?

But people view their side of politics like they follow their favourite sporting team.  They're all in,  almost totally biased and therefore almost totally compromised.  It's all about the winning,  not governance

One of them will win and not much will change.  The minimum wage is way below poverty level,  their gun laws are archaic and there's nearly 3 million of them in jail

It's just a mess of a country

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Macca said:

Their system is their system and Trump won fair & square under that system last time.  Most of the extra votes came out of California & New York

And we all knew that going in.  The key is winning the Swing States & Rust Belt States.

And that's what Trump did last time.  But my argument is a totally neutral one.  I wouldn't vote for any of them

 

 

 

I’m not so convinced his mates in Russia didn’t have a lot to do with the win. I can’t marry the words Trump with Fair. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apparently Donald & Melania have both contracted Covid-19

You wouldn't wish that insidious virus on anyone.  It might hit Trump hard too,  at his age

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Macca said:

Apparently Donald & Melania have both contracted Covid-19

You wouldn't wish that insidious virus on anyone.  It might hit Trump hard too,  at his age

Dr Norman Swan says that the stats indicate that Trump's mortality rate, given his age and obesity, is likely to be between 7 and 18%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Axis of Bob said:

Dr Norman Swan says that the stats indicate that Trump's mortality rate, given his age and obesity, is likely to be between 7 and 18%.

Yep and 2 weeks probably won't cover his time with the illness.  Best case scenario yes,  but as you said,  his age & obesity goes against him.

More like 4 weeks plus so the whole lead up to the election is up in the air

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Macca said:

Yep and 2 weeks probably won't cover his time with the illness.  Best case scenario yes,  but as you said,  his age & obesity goes against him.

More like 4 weeks plus so the whole lead up to the election is up in the air

He'll be in mandated quarantine for 2 weeks ... but after that seems a bit sketchy. It's effectively a 1 in 6 or 1 in 7 chance that the president of the USA dies in office (given that any inauguration would happen in January)!!

I think it will make it incredibly difficult for him politically, since this will be the only real issue that anyone will be able to deal with in the final month of the campaign. The handling of COVID is an extremely weak point for Trump politically, especially in places like Florida where the residents trend elderly, and by getting COVID he has effectively made himself a giant billboard for one of his biggest political weaknesses.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The sweet sweet irony of this orange pig catching Covid. Now is his chance to drink that miracle bleach! 

I just feel bad for his supporters who packed his rallies, no masks or social distancing, who won’t have the same privileged care as the man they so adore, and who is so against free healthcare.

He literally made fun of Biden for wearing a face mask. 
Who’s laughing now you ignorant moron? 

  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jaded said:

The sweet sweet irony of this orange pig catching Covid. Now is his chance to drink that miracle bleach! 

I just feel bad for his supporters who packed his rallies, no masks or social distancing, who won’t have the same privileged care as the man they so adore, and who is so against free healthcare.

He literally made fun of Biden for wearing a face mask. 
Who’s laughing now you ignorant moron? 

My thoughts exactly jaded. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It just gets better... the pond scum that is the POTUS, took photos and had a roundtable with donors at a Bedminster fundraiser Just hours before announcing his Covid diagnosis; he did this despite the fact that he was already fully aware at that time, that he had Covid. 
 

and just for a bit of levity...

 

A5308AB9-5238-4BA4-8062-EFC37959F266.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trump needs to stop talking about COVID-19 in the way he is addressing the issue

It is not helping him gain or win votes and in effect,  he is losing potential votes especially amongst the older conservative types.  Especially in Florida where he needs to win

He's normally very good at playing to his audience and certain demographics.  He needs the 'older' vote but he's losing them over COVID

IMV he'd be best placed not talking about the virus at all ... same as the Democrats should not be focused on Trump either

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Macca said:

Trump needs to stop talking about COVID-19 in the way he is addressing the issue

It is not helping him gain or win votes and in effect,  he is losing potential votes especially amongst the older conservative types.  Especially in Florida where he needs to win

He's normally very good at playing to his audience and certain demographics.  He needs the 'older' vote but he's losing them over COVID

IMV he'd be best placed not talking about the virus at all ... same as the Democrats should not be focused on Trump either

He would be best to never talk about anything. He’s an absolute dangerous [censored]. His approach to Covid is so damaging. 

At least there is one person in the running who I’m happy about. Harris is a very impressive individual. If I thought Americans were progressive enough to vote for a black woman for president, I would question why she isn’t the presidential candidate over Biden. But we all know old white men are the prototypes that these morons are comfortable with. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Macca said:

Trump needs to stop talking about COVID-19 in the way he is addressing the issue

It is not helping him gain or win votes and in effect,  he is losing potential votes especially amongst the older conservative types.  Especially in Florida where he needs to win

He's normally very good at playing to his audience and certain demographics.  He needs the 'older' vote but he's losing them over COVID

IMV he'd be best placed not talking about the virus at all ... same as the Democrats should not be focused on Trump either

Trump needs to shut the flock up. Every sentence is a lie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Biden is the candidate because of who he's running against. The Democratic primary was all about who was most likely to beat Trump and it's clearly Biden.

Biden is the least offensive candidate to moderates and seniors who don't want a progressive reformist (like Sanders) but also can't stand Trump. Those on the left will vote for Biden anyway because the alternative is Trump, but the ones in the middle need to be motivated to vote. Plus old people vote a lot more reliably than young people, so a candidate that appeals to them is going to be really important (especially in places like Florida). It's also important when looking at the Senate races, which is probably where most of the Democrat resources will go now that Biden's strong lead looks stable.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jaded said:

He would be best to never talk about anything. He’s an absolute dangerous [censored]. His approach to Covid is so damaging. 

At least there is one person in the running who I’m happy about. Harris is a very impressive individual. If I thought Americans were progressive enough to vote for a black woman for president, I would question why she isn’t the presidential candidate over Biden. But we all know old white men are the prototypes that these morons are comfortable with. 

I'm more talking about the winning and the losing from a neutral point of view

Regardless of which side anyone is on,  it all comes down to who wins.

As for governance,  my expectations are virtually zero and that applies to any side of politics IMV

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dieter said:

Trump needs to shut the flock up. Every sentence is a lie.

I understand who you are barracking for and who you are against but that was not the point of my post. 

And as with most things in life,  what you want and what you're going to get are often 2 different things diets

And it's not Trump who you should necessarily be concerned with,  it's more so who votes for him.  Often Alt-Right types.  Scary people

And I believe that Trump exists in some ways because of the left ... more so the loonie left.

There is a fair percentage of people who just cannot stand the left.  And vice-versa of course

To me watching this all unfold is like watching a sporting event that comes down to the wire

And just to be clear I'm not labeling all those on the right to be alt-right nor are all those on the left to be loonies. 

I know plenty who vote right who couldn't possibly vote for Trump but they wouldn't vote for the left either.  Quite the dilemma

As for the left,  Biden wouldn't necessarily be their choice either but Axis of Bob makes a very good case for Biden in an above post

Everything might be decided with the State of Florida ... the only State to consistently vote in the president in 3 or 4 decades.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The fact that so many old people live in Florida and how deadly Covid is to those people, should hopefully be enough to win the Democrats the election. 
I just don’t understand how, regardless of your political views, you could possibly vote for Trump. He is a liar. He is unsuitable for the role. He is unstable. He has done so much damage and there is the blood of over 200,000 Americans on his hands. He is a disaster. 
 

Edit: and I can never understand how women work for or vote for him. He is the biggest anti women president we’ve had in decades. If I was a women in the US I would be terrified of a Trump win. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    THE ICING ON THE QUAKE by Whispering Jack

    It’s not Christmas yet but if the Melbourne wins its last game of the 2021 season, then many of its fans will be celebrating early. There already are some parts of our town where the pending festivity is preordained. Houses are decked out with red and blue banners and streamers, some of which appeared as early as last Saturday week, on the morning after the Demons’ magnificent 83-point crushing of Geelong in their preliminary final at Optus Stadium. While it’s great to see the numbers of lo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    CAT SKINNING by George On The Outer

    When they defeated the Geelong Cats in the 2021 AFL Preliminary Final on Friday night in Perth, Melbourne proved that there is more than one way to skin those cats.  They did it in the ruck and in the middle, they did it in the forward line, they did it in defence and around the ground, but importantly, each and every player a Demon guernsey spent his night at Optus Stadium skinning an opponent. Following the after-the-siren win against Geelong in Round 23, there was an expectation of

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE POINTY END by The Oracle

    The AFL’s two oldest clubs, Melbourne and Geelong, face off on Friday evening in a sudden death Preliminary Final. It’s a game that promises plenty in terms of fascination and intrigue as a result of the rivalry that’s been building between the teams over recent encounters that have been tight struggles which have gone to the wire with two of them decided by after-the-siren goals. The added touch of mystery attached to this week’s meeting comes by virtue of the fact that it’s going to take

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THE VFL YEAR THAT NEVER WAS by KC from Casey

    The rising case numbers and the continuing lockdowns in Victoria and NSW spelled doom for the 2021 VFL season which went through a slow, painful demise before its recent official cancellation. After weeks of indecision, the AFL decided to pull the plug on the season with the 10-0 Bulldogs recognised as minor premier, but without a premiership cup and without awarding the J.J. Liston Medal for the best and fairest VFL player. It was somewhat fortuitous for the integrity of the competition t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    TAMING THE LIONS by George On The Outer

    With nine finals debutants in the side, the Melbourne Football Club had a daunting assignment ahead of it in the First Qualifying Final — to overcome the competition’s highest scoring side, the Brisbane Lions. In the end, the Demons accomplished the task by putting the bite on their opponents on their way to taming the Lions and recording a 33 point win that propelled them into one the two Preliminary Finals of 2021.   It was one of those debutants, Luke Jackson, who put the bite in more

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    RETURN TO NEVERLAND by Whispering Jack

    The greatest Demon A HIGHWAY OF DEMONS by Whispering Jack CHAPTER SIXTEEN - RETURN TO NEVERLAND  I have a six year old grandson who recently took up the family tradition of following the Demons. He had his first taste of the game a few years ago when he went to the “G” with his parents to watch the 107-point massacre of Carlton and he went to another game in the following season which was also a W for the Dees. But his appetite for the club has grown exponentially this year and wh

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 13

    METAMORPHOSIS by Whispering Jack

    I’ve always believed that when the home and away matches come to an end, the football season takes on a completely different shape and character. During the regular season, each team’s goals progress as the weeks pass and if you’re good enough to survive and make the grade, the situation changes. The comparison can be made with the life cycle of a butterfly going through stages from egg to larva to caterpillar, cocoon and in the end to a bright and colourful creature that emerges from darkness i

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    STEALING THE CATS’ CREAM by George On The Outer

    They were leading by 44 points well into the third quarter of a game to decide the minor premier, having kicked nine unanswered goals. The Cats were about to lap up their bowl of cream, dreaming of next week but the Demons led by Max Gawn had other ideas. In a stunning finish, they stole the game from under them to claim the plaudits as best team and top of ladder position. In a remarkable game, it all came down to Max having to kick the winning goal after the final siren, something which s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SKIN THE CATS by Whispering Jack

    The task ahead for the Demons as they wend their way down the Princes Freeway to Geelong on Saturday night will be to skin the Cats. For them to come away with the points from this game would mark an historic occasion for the club as it will finish on top of the ladder for the first time since its last premiership year, 1964. And it was in that year, that a trip to Corio Bay to meet the reigning premiers in Round 12, was one of the catalysts for Melbourne’s surge to the flag. It was a top o

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    REACH FOR THE STARS by George on the Outer

    It was a game of great significance for the Melbourne Football Club. A win would see them keep top spot on the ladder with one round remaining. To achieve top place in the Round for Reach when we are all inspired to “Be Like Jim” and reach for the stars was a great way of honouring one of our heroes. All the better given that it was done by way of an emphatic 41 point win against Adelaide! It is worth remembering that, but for the umpiring mistake in the previous encounter with the Crows, t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    TICKETS PLEASE by The Oracle

    A lot of water has passed under Princes Bridge in the five years since Melbourne last met Adelaide on the MCG. The Crows were riding high at the time while the Demons were mid-table and scrambling for a win to stay in the race for the finals. The 30,000 fans who had tickets to the game were thoroughly entertained by a close, high scoring affair that ended in tears for fans of the home team. Not even an eight-goal second term could help them.   Times have changed.    In the fi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    ELECTRIFYING by George On The Outer

    What more can they throw at the Demons of 2021? Covid restrictions, hubs, aircraft circling between airports before landing for games and now a match stopped for 30 minutes to give a flagging opponent its second wind? To date, none of those distractions has swayed the team from their winning objectives. The game against West Coast in Perth can be marked on their report card as another positive outcome after yet another test. There was much at stake for both sides.  Melbourne had t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...