A Day at the Races

Toorak

15 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

How's Chathaqua going to go in the trial at the Valley?

Ha!

Are you laying odds Clint?

Apparently the horse arrived at the course and is displaying a calm manner ... whatever that means,  who knows?

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

How's Chathaqua going to go in the trial at the Valley?

Ben Dorries from Racenet tweeted he’s 99% certain a deal will be done for Chautauqua to run in ‘ The Everest’ with a successful trial tonight. 

Let’s hope the horse is awake at 8:20.

• Like 2

Ah well,  Chautauqua has had a magnificent career. 

He'll have a nice retirement and the horse might even be used as a clerk-of-the-course horse down the track - there's an idea.

Unless they keep trying to get the horse to run.  Maybe Honkers?

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

Even the other jockeys were more interested in seeing Chautauqua jump rather than the trial itself. You could see all of them just turn their heads to look back at the barriers.

One of the most exciting racehorses I’ve seen in my time. Such a devastating sprint at the end of races.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

What race are we up to?

Keep me posted on results and how you guys are going...

Moir Stakes is up next in 10 minutes ... I got a few collects early Wadda including a percentage of the early quaddie so reasonably well in front with an interest in the last 2 races. 

Chautauqua failed to jump so that is probably the end but maybe not ... WA racing might invite the horse for the Winterbottom Group 1 - wouldn't surprise me anyway.  But I always believe that all things are a possibility.

DK Weir sounded very confident about 'Nature Strip's' chances - well drawn and he reckons it should be running 2nd after settling - outside the leader (which I reckon could easily be 'Ball of Muscle' or maybe Houtzen)

'Friday Night at the Valley' is a nice add-on to 'A Day at the Races' ... there's probably a couple of decent feature races most nights so that suits me.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

What race are we up to?

Keep me posted on results and how you guys are going...

Had a small multi Wadda. Got 3 out of the 4. Trap For Fools ran a peculiar race, couldn’t get to the lead, took a sit behind behind the leaders and was boxed in at one stage but never looked a winning chance finishing well back. Small loss tonight. We go again tomorrow.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Had a small multi Wadda. Got 3 out of the 4. Trap For Fools ran a peculiar race, couldn’t get to the lead, took a sit behind behind the leaders and was boxed in at one stage but never looked a winning chance finishing well back. Small loss tonight. We go again tomorrow.

It sure did ... very disappointing was 'Trap For Fools' DZ.  Never really looked like it.

As disappointing as Nature Strip in the Moir St.  Hard to see it running out the 1200m in the Everest but of course,  the horse is entitled to run a bad race so I may be speaking too soon.  Weir just mentioned that the horse might even be a doubtful starter in the Everest - end of the campaign earlier than expected?

Viddora scorched them though ... might be a chance for the final slot in the Everest now.  Brave Smash was flying too - the extra 200m will suit that horse hands down.

• Like 2

Cheers for the updates. What a pity about Chataqua. Im sure the owners were given the option of channeling the Horse Whisperer responsible for the turnaround of Pakistan Star, who used to stop midrace. Appearently the services dont come cheap and well fair enough. But the owners didnt want to foot the bill. Afterall hes only won 9m.....so...

Blatent mismanagement if you ask me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Cheers for the updates. What a pity about Chataqua. Im sure the owners were given the option of channeling the Horse Whisperer responsible for the turnaround of Pakistan Star, who used to stop midrace. Appearently the services dont come cheap and well fair enough. But the owners didnt want to foot the bill. Afterall hes only won 9m.....so...

Blatent mismanagement if you ask me.

Can we assume you don't want any GF updates Wadda?  ha ha

I'll be watching the feature races from Randwick 'live' ... I'd prefer an Eagles win because the Pies fans that I know and come across will be unbearable for years if they win an unexpected flag. 

At least the Eagles fans are out-of-towners ... I barely ever come across an Eagles fan in my neck of the woods.  They are as scarce as GWS supporters. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, layzie said:

This thread will definitely help me win some cash in about a month’s time yeah? ?

Ha ha!

The Cups will be a tipsters nightmare if half or even a 3rd of the 2 fields are made up of Overseas horses.  Most of which will be having their first start in Australia in those 2 races.  The overseas form is there to try and comprehend but you've probably got to go by the ratings and then trust those ratings.  Not easy,  not easy at all.

Doesn't bother me that much as I don't really up the ante in the Cups races ... I much prefer the Group races at WFA,  Set Weights or Set Weights + Penalties.  The staying races have never really been my go layz but everyone's different.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Macca said:

Can we assume you don't want any GF updates Wadda?  ha ha

I'll be watching the feature races from Randwick 'live' ... I'd prefer an Eagles win because the Pies fans that I know and come across will be unbearable for years if they win an unexpected flag. 

At least the Eagles fans are out-of-towners ... I barely ever come across an Eagles fan in my neck of the woods.  They are as scarce as GWS supporters. 

Thats exactly it Macca. Im 15000 kms away or something and i still dont feel safe from pie supporters. Your right....i know a few and they will be unbearable for years.....2010 they still crow about. It should be us instead of them....easiest run ever. Besides....then we can say we lost the eventual prelim to the premiers.....so not that bad and puts us 3rd.

No, no updates.... i will be sleeping in.......i get an update later in the week....around December.

• Haha 2

Just now, Dee Zephyr said:

@Macca I hope you were on the first at Wagga, Macca’s Hero saluted at $12.

Ha ha!  No mate,  missed that one. 

Up at Randwick the Metropolitan is a very tricky race and is wide-open.  I reckon the dividends for the exotics will be very high regardless of the outcome.  Need a lot of luck with that one,  less so with the Epsom where it's a lot more clear-cut.

• Like 1

@Wadda We Sing  will be doing cartwheels in Copenhagen.

'Ace High' wins the Group 2 Hill Stakes and is now right on track for the Cups. 

I had 'Egg Tart' going in a trifecta so got a collect from one of our best bets.  Loomed up but out-sprinted to the line by Ace High.

'It's Somewhat' ran on well and that horse might be making a return to form.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I put my money where my mouth was with Santa Ana Lane & Shoals and picked up the First4 - you little ripper!  These small fields can still deliver decent dividends.  Less than a 3rd of the dividend but I will take that any day!

Plus we got Shoals up for the place with another best bet saluting.

That result will throw a cat amongst the pigeons with regards to the Everest - Santa Ana Lane smashed the track record and had the rails all the way ... Shoals might have been the run of the race though.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Oohood finally breaks through and wins the Flight Stakes ... now set for the Caulfield Guineas to take on the colts.  With $2Million up for grabs why not?

Apparently there is a GF going on elsewhere ... care factor zero  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Macca said:

Oohood finally breaks through and wins the Flight Stakes ... now set for the Caulfield Guineas to take on the colts.  With $2Million up for grabs why not?

Apparently there is a GF going on elsewhere ... care factor zero  ?

That was a fantastic finish to the race. A bit of PL, decided to jump off Oohood today. 

Ha Ha, I’m hoping Fritta salutes in the half time GF sprint.

• Like 2