We was robbed

leave it to deever

Too many goals gifted to north from silly free kicks. Harvey is a professional actor. Good fightback from the boys today. Last year they would have been beaten by 80 points. Umps did make it very very hard. Six goals combined to Goldstein and zieball from a total of 10 free kicks between them.

odd Goldstein 10 7 17 3 36 4 1 5 5 2 142
2Jack Ziebell
  • Like 1

I agree. That bald umpire was horrendous. He gave the two fifties from frees that were'nt there and the one to Goldstein in the second qtr was just non-existent. 

The way the commentators are "coached" to never diss the umpires just means nothing is done. There is no accountability. I find it very hard to watch. I don't blame the umpires for the loss because it was there for us to win and we couldn't do it and "good teams overcome bad umpiring" but that bald bloke is a shocking umpire and I won't watch again if he's umpiring. It's just not a pure sport. The umpiring had almost as much effect on the match as the wind and at least you knew you were going to get 2 quarters with the wind.

We 'wasn't' robbed, we handed the game to them with our errors in the last quarter and they capitalised on those. The umpires didn't help but it was there to be won and we couldn't do it.

Edited by Django
  • Like 1

I never like to blame the umps but....

6 goals from free kicks

2 of those from 50s

Harme's mark not paid in front of goal in the last qtr.

front on contact on Stretch (I believe) in front of goal in the dying seconds not paid.

Where is the review and accountability on umpires when they perform like this?

Edited by Brownie
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Brownie said:

6 goals from free kicks

2 of those from 50s

Harme's mark not paid in front of goal in the last qtr.

front on contact on Stretch (I believe) in front of goal in the dying seconds not paid.

I'm on record on this site that there should be the equivalent of a MRP for umpires that is in the public forum (not behind closed doors like its some sort of secret society business). They definitely do need to be held more accountable because the inconsistency and plain [censored]-ups are frustrating in the extreme.

For example, the umpire that didn't pay Harmes mark in the last quarter should be cited and fined or suspended as should the one who paid the ruck infringement free against Gawn that resulted in Goldstiens 30th goal for the day. On the other hand the ump who didn't pay 50 m for Wagner dumping Waite after he marked in the last should also be fined or suspended as that was 50 every day of the bloody year. 

12 hours ago, Brownie said:

6 goals from free kicks

Glad I wasn't the only one that thought Stretch received front on contact in the dying seconds.

To my eye it was the most obvious free kick of the day.

Edited by Old Man Rivers

12 hours ago, Brownie said:

6 goals from free kicks

Glad I wasn't the only one that thought Stretch received front on contact in the dying seconds.

Edited by Old Man Rivers

24 minutes ago, Old Man Rivers said:

I can live with that not being a free kick, he did actually spoil the ball and Stretch wasn't too badly impeded. 

The kick from Bugg was the problem.

Shocking game of officiating but we ultimately lost the game in that ten minute period in the middle of the 4th with poor defense, poor spread, lack of run (due to spreading out remaining interchanges). Roos were just as tired but ultimately their experience got them over the line (Harvey and Goldstein mostly). Two goals from them that more or less sealed the game.

Garlett may have been the difference. 

3 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

I can live with that not being a free kick, he did actually spoil the ball and Stretch wasn't too badly impeded. 

The kick from Bugg was the problem.

It was front on contact every day of the week, except in Tassie on a Sunday apparently...

8 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

It was front on contact every day of the week, except in Tassie on a Sunday apparently...

Haha no it wasnt he got enough of the ball and his eyes we for the ball it was just a good desperate spoil. Im just happy to be debating borderline free kicks rather than who should/shouldn't be dropped for showing no effort.

could have been worse - just watched Hawks/Dogs - Razor Ray really needs to be taken aside by the umpiring boss and be told  - a good umpire is one that isn't noticed....