JUDGEMENT DAY - THE "BOMBER" 34

Whispering_Jack

Mark Robinson is a disgraceful affront to proper reporting. 

If only there was a WADA for the media.

Guys a joke.

2 minutes ago, monoccular said:

If Dank told me that the sun rises in the east, I would look for it in the west. If he said it is midday, I would grab a torch before going outside. 

He has zero credibility. Zero.  Even less than the AFL Commission if that is possible 

And maybe he wants to have low credibility ... I've thought that from the start.

His gain? He can't be taken seriously so he ends up being left alone. I reckon he has protected himself well ... what he knows all the others know, They can't call him out for fear of him calling them out. He made sure they all knew (even the players)

And the players haven't uttered a word about him either ... unless I've missed something.

I understand what you're saying mc but I somehow reckon he'll end up landing on his feet.

1 hour ago, jnrmac said:

He has also said that ASADA have the records but must have destroyed them. He is a charlatan of the highest order.

He is clearly nuts if he thinks that. As I see it, there are only three possibilities.

1. Dank kept records, but doesn't have them any more, which makes him incompetent.

2. Dank kept records, and still has them, which makes him a liar.

3. Dank didn't keep records, which makes him incompetent. 

Take your pick -- any which way it seems that he has painted himself into a corner. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red and Bluebeard said:

He is clearly nuts if he thinks that. As I see it, there are only three possibilities.

1. Dank kept records, but doesn't have them any more, which makes him incompetent.

Take your pick -- any which way it seems that he has painted himself into a corner. 

4. Records were kept at essendon and destroyed.

1 minute ago, biggestred said:

True, but if Dank gave his only copy to Essendon, then that his case 1. Otherwise he would have a copy himself. 

I don't think they were as such. I reckon Dank has actual records but that Essendon were given reportsetc as to "progress" . These they have 'lost'but Dankhas the data. Always has .

• Like 2

True, but if Dank gave his only copy to Essendon, then that his case 1. Otherwise he would have a copy himself. 

Maybe but i know i keep important work docs on the server at work

Wouldnt be too hard for my bosses/it people to make it disappear 

• Like 1

Just now, biggestred said:

Maybe but i know i keep important work docs on the server at work

Wouldnt be too hard for my bosses/it people to make it disappear 

Agreed. But if Dank is rational, sane and truthful (ok, quite a stretch :)), he would have a copy himself, no matter what Essendon did to get the dog to eat their paperwork. 

14 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Mark Robinson is a disgraceful affront to proper reporting. 

If only there was a WADA for the media.

Guys a joke.

WADA for the media?!  ?  They certainly wouldn't find any performance enhancing drugs, but could possibly find some other stuff....wine, beer, spirits???

3 minutes ago, Red and Bluebeard said:

1, 2 and 3 are all mutually exclusive, but 4 is an independent factor.

I could add to biggestred 

5. Records were kept at Essendon and are now hidden - mutually exclusive to 4. 

6. Records were not kept by Essendon which makes them incompetent, WorkSafe non-compliant, and totally unethical. 

• Like 2

Just now, biggestred said:

5. Records were kept at Essendon and not destroyed (and are safely tucked away elsewhere)

By the way, Dank has got the records in my opinion ... but we'll probably never see them for all sorts of reasons - one reason being is that the records are not really being pursued. It's doubtful that anyone in our media could be bothered to try and uncover them. The AFL - forget it. ASADA/WADA - they got their win. Who's looking?

It wouldn't surprise me if Hird has a copy either ... if they knew where to put them in safe keeping and denied that there were any records then why destroy them?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Red and Bluebeard said:

Surely you'll allow the option that Dank is both a liar and incompetent. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Surely you'll allow the option that Dank is both a liar and incompetent. 

Yes of course. However if you are too incompetent at lying, you can end up telling the truth ... :):lol:

• Like 2

Yes of course. However if you are too incompetent at lying, you can end up telling the truth ... :):lol:

And hence as before I suggest he'll eventually trip himself into the shlt 

• Like 1

Just now, daisycutter said:

my brain hurts

There is a great book by Raymond Smullyan which includes, inter alia, insane vampires, who try to lie, but always fail to, and thus end up telling the truth all the time ... 

If the players knew exactly what they were being injected with then isn't it in the best interest of the EFC to not destroy the records? (if they exist)

After all, the records (if authentic) would offer proof of what the players were given ... and if the players knew and signed off on it, then don't the records become an ally for the EFC?

Remembering that even if the the records mysteriously appear, it's not like the EFC would be in strife again. There's no more punishment heading their way. The AFL have made that abundantly clear.

6 minutes ago, Macca said:

If the players knew exactly what they were being injected with then isn't it in the best interest of the EFC to not destroy the records? (if they exist)

After all, the records (if authentic) would offer proof of what the players were given ... and if the players knew and signed off on it, then don't the records become an ally for the EFC?

Remembering that even if the the records mysteriously appear, it's not like the EFC would be in strife again. There's no more punishment heading their way. The AFL have made that abundantly clear.

Unless those records that prove they all knew exactly what they were taking proved that they took banned PEDs....

Which would significantly sway public opinion against them to the point the afl would have to ban the whole club

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

And hence as before I suggest he'll eventually trip himself into the shlt 

He's probably worth a few bob so he might take off o/s ... the yanks might be interested in his expertise :ph34r:

The anti-aging clinics would be welcoming too - that's probably already happening.

8 hours ago, biggestred said:

Unless those records that prove they all knew exactly what they were taking proved that they took banned PEDs....

Which would significantly sway public opinion against them to the point the afl would have to ban the whole club

The AFL would spin it in a way where the EFC would somehow get rewarded :blink:

I just don't believe they've destroyed the records ... just in case they might need them to advantage themselves at a later date - what if the players have a strong inkling that the club has kept the records? And it can be proven that they knew what they were given?

Way too much has been assumed.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr John Dee said:

All good, but Smullyan's book has lots of intricate examples. What else would you expect from a practising magician?

8 minutes ago, Red and Bluebeard said:

All good, but Smullyan's book has lots of intricate examples. What else would you expect from a practising magician?

A lot more than I'd expect of Dank, of course, although I suppose he's managed to put together a reasonable approximation of a fictional world over the last few years.

I don't know the book. Must check it out.

• Like 1

To get back on topic, I don't think Dank has any intention (or indeed any realistic prospect) of winning a battle in court. I think it is more likely that he knows that there lots of uncomfortable truths that others involved don't want to come out, which means he sees his legal action as an opportunity to squeeze whatever settlements he can out of whoever he can. I am sure he believes he is the sharpest tool in the shed, but hasn't really thought through the possibility of being sued by some others involved. 

• Like 1