Who would you like to see at 3, 5, 6 & 7?

MadAsHell

Who would you like to see bat in these positions?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The big question is obviously our batting for the home summer and how we can fix things?

While Rogers and Warner look to be settled into the two top spots and Clarke at 4, every other slot is open for takers IMO.

I thought I'd conduct a poll to see who everyone thinks is the best fit for different spots.

For the number 3 role I've included batsmen who play in the top order or open for their states.

Number 5 I've included batsmen who bat from 3 down for their states or batsmen who open but have shown an ability to bat anywhere.

Number 6 I've listed all rounders.

Number 7 is the keeper.

I've gone with Cosgrove at 3,

Klinger at 5,

McDonald at 6 &

Paine at 7.

Cosgrove for the fact he's made more then 8000 FC runs and has 22 FC 100's so he has the experience (29 years old) and runs on the board to hold down the number 3 role. Can accelerate or hold down his end when the situation calls for it.

Michael Klinger at 5 just ahead of Maddinson due to his great recent form over in County Cricket at the moment averaging over 50 this season. Has leadership experience and is a very good fielder.

Andrew McDonald at 6. Averages just under 40 with the bat at FC level and under 30 with the ball at the same level. Is experienced and reliable and was unlucky to be dropped back a few years ago.

Tim Paine at 7 as keeper. Played very well in the 4 tests he did play and has had a horrible run with injury since. Is a leader and very good gloveman. Only averages 30 odd at FC level, but if he can produce the same at Tets level then he'll be doing just as well as both Haddin and Wade have done at Tets level. Paine is better with the gloves then those two also.

Other peoples thoughts?

McDonald woooowee

now that's interesting,insiders tell me that he is a slow starter and a good improver,very underestimated

don't know about cosgrove,biff might eat all the pies before cosy gets out

glad to see you Victorian emotion has stuck with the ranga. well done mate

• Like 1

I've gone with Cosgrove at 3,

Klinger at 5,

McDonald at 6 &

Paine at 7.

Cosgrove for the fact he's made more then 8000 FC runs and has 22 FC 100's so he has the experience (29 years old) and runs on the board to hold down the number 3 role. Can accelerate or hold down his end when the situation calls for it.

Michael Klinger at 5 just ahead of Maddinson due to his great recent form over in County Cricket at the moment averaging over 50 this season. Has leadership experience and is a very good fielder.

Andrew McDonald at 6. Averages just under 40 with the bat at FC level and under 30 with the ball at the same level. Is experienced and reliable and was unlucky to be dropped back a few years ago.

Tim Paine at 7 as keeper. Played very well in the 4 tests he did play and has had a horrible run with injury since. Is a leader and very good gloveman. Only averages 30 odd at FC level, but if he can produce the same at Tets level then he'll be doing just as well as both Haddin and Wade have done at Tets level. Paine is better with the gloves then those two also.

Other peoples thoughts?

I've amended my votes based on the current test.

I've now gone other (Shane Watson) at 3. He can keep playing as an all rounder also.

I've stuck by Klinger at 5.

I've gone other (Steve Smith) at 6, given Watson will be an all rounder at 3 and Smith has his part time leggies at 6.

And I've stuck by Paine at 7 as I still think it's time for him, but can undertand why others would stick with Haddin and I reckon the selectors will do that also.

I've amended my votes based on the current test.

I've now gone other (Shane Watson) at 3. He can keep playing as an all rounder also.

I've stuck by Klinger at 5.

I've gone other (Steve Smith) at 6, given Watson will be an all rounder at 3 and Smith has his part time leggies at 6.

And I've stuck by Paine at 7 as I still think it's time for him, but can undertand why others would stick with Haddin and I reckon the selectors will do that also.

haddin promises a longer batting line up,feel better clause for selectors,nothing to do with his backstopping

really disappointed with no McDonald in there TD

interesting first test team in brizzy

After the 1st innings, I reckon that barring injury, the top 5 are set for at least the 1st 2 home tests with Haddin at 7.

The opportunity for batsman is No 6. IMO it's not Hughes, S Marsh or Khawaja.

And if Watson is at 3 then I can't see them picking another all rounder. It will be interesting if England bat for a while how much bowling Smith will do particularly in the 2nd innings on a turner.

The No6 has to be a Test quality batsman that gets selecting for their batting and if they bowl a bit fine.

At a pinch George Bailey or Maddinson depending on form.

I'm not changing my original vote - I'm gonna have to live with it (which means Watto and Smith don't get a guernsey - that'll teach me for voting early :unsure: )

If I were to change it Marsh and Henriques would make way for Watson and Smith.

A week is a long time in cricket (as well as any other sport!)