Geoff Walsh resigning

demonoid

North are looking to move Donald McDonald into a new role, so they are in the market too.

There's an article in The Age today about Geoff Walsh's next move (not the CW piece) where GW has some very complimentary things to say about his dealings with Peter Jackson and his professionalism.

Bodes very well for us, I'd say.

Can we got some better players please none of these guys actually take the field.

Damn OD, I hadn't read all the posts, I thought he was a mature age inside mid with all the love being shown, I agree with you...

Anybody associated with a successful club in the last ten years is regarded as a gun in their respective field, last time I looked the director of footy or whatever title they are given doesn't coach the team on the weekend..........two words why Collingwood were successful McGuire and Malthouse

Damn OD, I hadn't read all the posts, I thought he was a mature age inside mid with all the love being shown, I agree with you...

Anybody associated with a successful club in the last ten years is regarded as a gun in their respective field, last time I looked the director of footy or whatever title they are given doesn't coach the team on the weekend..........two words why Collingwood were successful McGuire and Malthouse

This getting really ulgy Saty I agree with you again.

Can we trade for Eddy?

Not sure what we give up though.

Without the administrators setting standards & direction, coaches have little chance of succeeding. The club needs a good President, Board, Admin & staff to succeed. The reason we are in the current on field position we are in is because we never appointed someone such as Walsh to oversee the direction of the FD. For the last 6 years the club rebuilt on the failed CS blueprint. Whilst the GMFO will never kick a ball, he will manage the Footy Department & allow the coaches & players to do what they are employed to do more efficiently & effectively. The position is probably the most important in terms of the future of the FD.
  • Like 3

Without the administrators setting standards & direction, coaches have little chance of succeeding. The club needs a good President, Board, Admin & staff to succeed. The reason we are in the current on field position we are in is because we never appointed someone such as Walsh to oversee the direction of the FD. For the last 6 years the club rebuilt on the failed CS blueprint. Whilst the GMFO will never kick a ball, he will manage the Footy Department & allow the coaches & players to do what they are employed to do more efficiently & effectively. The position is probably the most important in terms of the future of the FD.

I understand Bonkers it was very tongue in cheek.

Little evidence of that in the past rpfc.

Hope you are correct.

Actually, we can't do them both at the same time.

We need a head of the FD to be a part of the player search don't we?

He's the one doing the contracts...

Would be a massive coup if we could land Walsh.

We were really lucky to even land PJ, so if we could land Walsh on top of that, we'd be blessed.

Then Roos, then Kirk or Ling for assistants, would be heaven.

Throw in Hogan, Aish, Daisy and a priority pick and it's happy days.

• Like 1

You rebuild on the type of player the incumbent coach wants, why do you think there is usually a clear out when a new coach takes over, the manager is a manager, like in the normal workplace, the workers make it successful, too much emphasis these days on the peripheral figures in footy

We were really lucky to even land PJ, so if we could land Walsh on top of that, we'd be blessed.

Thought we wouldn't want untried people as coaches again, even as assistants?

So you want Ling for what reason, he won a premiership or two, or should I say he was in a premiership team, he was a 1/22nd part of it, I always find this amusing, there is so much hate on here for Brian Royal, yet his CV is even better than LIng's except for the premiership

You rebuild on the type of player the incumbent coach wants, why do you think there is usually a clear out when a new coach takes over, the manager is a manager, like in the normal workplace, the workers make it successful, too much emphasis these days on the peripheral figures in footy

Who brings the people together to select the players & the team involved to develope them? The players don't select themselves nor do the coaching staff.

In Australian sport a lot is made of the position of coach. However in European football the biggest position is the manager. How do you think clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool, Celtic etc have become so large? Because they had iconic managers that did all the things that you find insignifican exceptionally well to create eras of dominance.

Who brings the people together to select the players & the team involved to develope them? The players don't select themselves nor do the coaching staff.

In Australian sport a lot is made of the position of coach. However in European football the biggest position is the manager. How do you think clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool, Celtic etc have become so large? Because they had iconic managers that did all the things that you find insignifican exceptionally well to create eras of dominance.

The Board and the CEO on recommendations from quite a few people, including the head of the Footy Dept

McGuire is responsible for most of Collingwood's off field success without him being Prez, half of what they have achieved wouldn't have happened, now if he was interested in being President, yes please

Er the Manager in European football is the Head Coach, they don't have anything to do with the administration apart from bringing the money in from the success on field, Everton supporter since late 50's so I do know

I would humbly suggest 316 that happy days are when we win lots of games.

Until then it is all just stuff we have heard before on many occasions

The Board and the CEO on recommendations from quite a few people, including the head of the Footy Dept

McGuire is responsible for most of Collingwood's off field success without him being Prez, half of what they have achieved wouldn't have happened, now if he was interested in being President, yes please

Er the Manager in European football is the Head Coach, they don't have anything to do with the administration apart from bringing the money in from the success on field, Everton supporter since late 50's so I do know

100% correct saty

When he took over they had big debts and could not beat time with a stick.

Hate him or not but he has been the Chief of the pies winning a flag and becoming the power house they are on and off the field

If the above actually happened our membership would rise to 50,000

I would happily bet $100 straight up that Walsh will be at the MFC next year.

The AFL would have stipulated a move like this when granting our bail out.

Vlad & co want to get there money back. This will be done by Attendances & TV exposure.

For this to happen the MFC must win regularly.

(Win regularly...i must google that for a definition, it has been so long...:))

P.S. Jackson has postponed his holiday till November.

Get Roos....then relax.

Edited by why you little
  • Like 1

Vlad & co want to get there money back. This will be done by Attendances & TV exposure.

(Win regularly...i must google that for a definition, it has been so long...:))

Get Roos....then relax.

Is that fact PJ had postponed his holidays?

I would humbly suggest 316 that happy days are when we win lots of games.

Until then it is all just stuff we have heard before on many occasions

so many false dawns...

Ill get excited when i hear the roosters crowing and wins on the board

• Like 2

(Win regularly...i must google that for a definition, it has been so long... :))

Get Roos....then relax.

Why would we relax if we got Roos, personally I think he is overrated, he is living by a media driven reputation, he won 1 flag as a coach, playing one of the most atrocious brands of football I have ever witnessed......what was the difference in the 'culture' he supposedly built at the Swans to that of West Coast which had the same sort of finals success as the Swans over a smiliar period of time or Brisbane under Leigh Mathews

He doesn't seem interested, hopefully not, me I want Craig or at a push Eade, at least sides they coached played a brand of toofy that was good to watch

Edited by Satyriconhome

Pfft, managers in European Soccer run the whole football side of the business, hence why they are called managers. They aren't just the head coach, they are responsible for overseeing everything that happens at their club from a physical performance perspective including players, scouts, recruiting, coaches, gameday, training. Considering you've followed Everton for over 50 years you haven't learnt much.

Why would we relax if we got Roos, personally I think he is overrated, he is living by a media driven reputation, he won 1 flag as a coach, playing one of the most atrocious brands of football I have ever witnessed......what was the difference in the 'culture' he supposedly built at the Swans to that of West Coast which had the same sort of finals success as the Swans over a smiliar period of time or Brisbane under Leigh Mathews

He doesn't seem interested, hopefully not, me I want Craig or at a push Eade, at least sides they coached played a brand of toofy that was good to watch

Oh no

I hold a similar view!!!!!!

However I am more interested in winning than the type of game we play.

Win and I will endure the rest.

• Like 1