The Keep Mark Neeld Thread

Red&BlueBlood

Clearly the difference between "keep Neeld" and "keep Neeld until August" is too subtle for you.

The only argument that is at all compelling for retaining Neeld until seasons end is that all the people eligible for caretaker are just as culpable for our performance as their boss is. I don't buy it though; I can't see how getting rid of him is going to make the situation any worse than it already is.

Show me the response?

That's absolute crap. There's been plenty of other sides who have gone through bad years all be it not as bad. Sticking by people shows a certain strength this club has never had. If Jackson thinks he should go at years end then I'll back him in but if he thinks he is the right man then I'd be happy.

U are very easily pleased C. It's been 7 years and no other club has gone through what we are going through.

Sticking by people could also spell the end of this club with players wanting to get out like never before.

Edited by DemonOX

U are very easily pleased C. It's been 7 years and no other club has gone through what we are going through.

Sticking by people could also spell the end of this club with players wanting to get out like never before.

Frawley is apparently happy to stay

Agree with those who say 'take the expansion teams out and we've only had one real win' is ridiculous. The expansion teams are teams nonetheless. If they didn't exist we'd have a greatly different list. You can't on the one hand talk about how they're full of talent, and thus incomparable to us, and on the other hand bemoan our inability to beat anyone other than them.

At any rate, the 5/33 argument is strong enough as it is.

It isn't a ridiculous argument. There early years were always going to be hard for them but their scope for improvement. GWS has about 400 games of less experience ATM but their future upside is huge. GCS is showing signs of that. And MFC is now 10 goals shy of him.

And the 5/33 has GWS with 3 wins, GCS with one win and the only credible win was against the Dons who treated the game as a jolly and were starting to feel the effects of a disastrous fitness program.

This thread is MFCSS at this best.

• Like 2

I cannot believe there are some making the comparison.

What would you prefer, sir: a broken nose or a nail through your foot?

Oh, please, break my nose!

Riiiight.. you keep enjoying them 90 point losses champ. Because with neeld he is giving us a broken nose with two nails stabbed through both eyes

Being under contract would help that response.

Yeah, can't read too much into anything on the public record

They have just mentioned OTC that PJ is going to the AFL on Friday with his plan and then changes will be made. He will get his plan ticked off by the AFL along with some $$$$$$

Changes may include a new coach, head of footy department, reporting structures and board changes etc

Unfortunately this means Neeld will stay a bit longer.

Hey where are all the "keep MN posters" gone?????????

I'm here captain butterball.

For all your anti-neeld posts, you fail to mention ANYTHING capable of an alternative. What, you want to throw out "get roos"? Or "get Williams?" You don't get it buddy, you just do not get it. Watch today's game, watch last week. We have a midfield that has played so little together, we have 6 of our first picked players our, but do you want to know the most damning part of that? I know this wont help your narrow minded thinking, but changing the coach tomorrow doesn't add 100 games experience to trengove, Howe, toumpas, viney, jones and Evans. It doesn't work like that!!!!! If you watched the game on tv and listened to flogs like darcy and Bruce, you won't see the picture. You won't see that players are kicking the ball blindly trying to do too much or kicking 5m behind a leading forward. It's confidence. When we look down the line and see Clark, Dawes, Howe watts or hogan, then we can be more confident to kick long. But when we ply around with it seeing fitzy (who played ok in patches, but doesn't lead hard) or davey/blease/rodan, its hard to be confident kicking long.

Neeld can not be out on the ground to say "don't u-turn through traffic Dunn/davey/Sylvia, he can't say that. He is clearly instructing them to hold the footy and look for a clean pass in. But inexperience, or sheer selfishness by senior players u-turning or hand bling to players 70cm away costs us. We need to give it time. We need to practice going forward inside 70-80m from goal under pressure, we need to focus on freeing up a player with good skills outside of the pack. We need a decent run with injuries, because we haven't the depth yet to cover 6 first choice players, but most bloody importantly, we need patience. Supporters cracking the sads like you saying "7 years of bottom 4 finishes"- you bring nothing to the table. Every demon fan has had 7 years of bottom 4 finishes. But neeld is there now and has seen 35 games, after cutting soft, slack and under performing players who weren't going to take this club forward.

If you can't see that we need patience, we need to stay calm and we need to stick together, then PO and follow hawthorn or Richmond. We are on the right track, we just need to add 1 or 2 mids, some experience to the 22 who play together, and our injuries to give us a break. Neeld has cut the players who were not taking us anywhere. The group we have, we keep together and add some experience, and confidence, and we will get on top of this rut. Just stop blaming 1 individual, the same as saying we are always looking for our next "saviour" and let the players play, build trust and confidence and give them some bloody support!

For all your anti-neeld posts, you fail to mention ANYTHING capable of an alternative. What, you want to throw out "get roos"? Or "get Williams?" You don't get it buddy, you just do not get it. Watch today's game, watch last week. We have a midfield that has played so little together, we have 6 of our first picked players our, but do you want to know the most damning part of that? I know this wont help your narrow minded thinking, but changing the coach tomorrow doesn't add 100 games experience to trengove, Howe, toumpas, viney, jones and Evans. It doesn't work like that!!!!! If you watched the game on tv and listened to flogs like darcy and Bruce, you won't see the picture. You won't see that players are kicking the ball blindly trying to do too much or kicking 5m behind a leading forward. It's confidence. When we look down the line and see Clark, Dawes, Howe watts or hogan, then we can be more confident to kick long. But when we ply around with it seeing fitzy (who played ok in patches, but doesn't lead hard) or davey/blease/rodan, its hard to be confident kicking long.

Neeld can not be out on the ground to say "don't u-turn through traffic Dunn/davey/Sylvia, he can't say that. He is clearly instructing them to hold the footy and look for a clean pass in. But inexperience, or sheer selfishness by senior players u-turning or hand bling to players 70cm away costs us. We need to give it time. We need to practice going forward inside 70-80m from goal under pressure, we need to focus on freeing up a player with good skills outside of the pack. We need a decent run with injuries, because we haven't the depth yet to cover 6 first choice players, but most bloody importantly, we need patience. Supporters cracking the sads like you saying "7 years of bottom 4 finishes"- you bring nothing to the table. Every demon fan has had 7 years of bottom 4 finishes. But neeld is there now and has seen 35 games, after cutting soft, slack and under performing players who weren't going to take this club forward.

If you can't see that we need patience, we need to stay calm and we need to stick together, then PO and follow hawthorn or Richmond. We are on the right track, we just need to add 1 or 2 mids, some experience to the 22 who play together, and our injuries to give us a break. Neeld has cut the players who were not taking us anywhere. The group we have, we keep together and add some experience, and confidence, and we will get on top of this rut. Just stop blaming 1 individual, the same as saying we are always looking for our next "saviour" and let the players play, build trust and confidence and give them some bloody support!

Whose captain butterball????

Another week. Another 5000 supporters gone. Can't go on for too much longer.....

Supporters?????????????? where ???????????????????

I know this wont help your narrow minded thinking, but changing the coach tomorrow doesn't add 100 games experience to trengove, Howe, toumpas, viney, jones and Evans. It doesn't work like that!!!!!

Really thanks for clearing that up for me gd I feel so much better now.

If i think really hard with my narrow mind what will help is a new coach who doesn't lose by 70+ points each week( and has a game plan which can be followed), a new FD restructure and board changes. THAT WILL HELP I would think.

But hopefully u have your patience to keep u warm at night.

U cannot accuse ANY dees supporter of not having patience.

Edited by DemonOX

Really thanks for clearing that up for me gd I feel so much better now.

If i think really hard with my narrow mind what will help is a new coach who doesn't lose by 70+ points each week, a new FD restructure and board changes. THAT WILL HELP I would think.

But hopefully u have your patience to keep u warm at night.

U cannot accuse ANY dees supporter of not having patience.

That's all you got out of what I wrote...

I feel narrow minded may have been taking it easy on you, chump.

Bravo for trying but your on a thrashing to nothing on Neeld

• Like 1

That's all you got out of what I wrote...

I feel narrow minded may have been taking it easy on you, chump.

Quality post gd go heavy on the personal attacks.

Oh yeah I haven't been blaming one individual but u get out what u want from it.

At the end of the day we want the dees to WIN so that we can stop talking about this crapola.

In all seriousness, I can't understand for a second how you can defend this...another 80 point loss? On top of all the rest!!!???

Inexperinece!!!!????

Dunn, Jamar, Davey, Garland, Rodan, Watts (Yes!!!), Dawes, Jones, Sylvia, McKenzie...

Or just no good...

Edited by Stigga

In all seriousness, I can't understand for a second how you can defend this...another 80 point loss? On top of all the rest!!!???

Inexperinece!!!!????

Dunn, Jamar, Davey, Garland, Rodan, Watts (Yes!!!), Dawes, Jones, Sylvia, McKenzie...

Or just no good...

Yep, some of them are just no good.

Collingwood had 24 scoring shots from our turnovers.

It's not the coaching that's killing us.

Forget about whether Neeld goes at the end of the year or not, at this rate Tim Harrington is going to need a bigger "Out" basket.

• Like 2

Do youthink Frawley - a year out from the end of his contract - is going to come and say 'gees I hate it here and I don't like the coach so when I get a chance I want out'? Do you think other coachs would think that behaviour was appealing for their club's culture? LOL - and that goes irrespective of whether he really wants to stay or not - you cant read anything in to statements like that.

the evidence for mine today was another game I watched in the cold at coach sacking intensity

Edited by Norm Smith's Curse

Inexperinece!!!!????

This is where it all goes wrong. Compared to what Collingwood had out there, Dunn, Garland, Watts, Dawes and McKenzie (even I'd throw in Jones) are NOT experienced. They're all around or less than 100 games. And apart from Dawes and Rodan, not a single finals game amongst them, yet alone a grand final.

Collingwood had more than half their team, 12 players out there, with more than 150 games. We had 2, and 2 that you'd probably wonder if they're going to be back in the VFL or not next week.

The gulf in experience between who we are, and who they are, is ... well, there's just no comparison.