Melbourne Supporters Are Too Accepting of Player Non-Performance

Range Rover

So our list is OK we just need a bunch of players from other clubs who we will never get to make it better and need an injury prone giant and a freakish forward who may never play again to cement their roles and we'll be well on our way. :wacko:

injury prone? do you mean Jamar...or Gawny.....You know Gonzo....I've only seen Gawn play 2 games v Bombers and Tigers...He looked young but effective. Agreed the knee is a worry.

When Hawthorn had a bad run for a few years, names like Brereton and Dunstall came on board. Serious players with serious cred. It would be sad if we have import that to our club, but we just might have to. I am not optimistic, but will do all I can (like everyone here).

I agree that subtle change can work but I think we have to be more brutal, a la Hardwick and Richmond a couple of years ago. Enjoy the red.

Will do! Melbourne worries me ATM. For me the best thing I've seen all year was Mitch Clark stand up and say " I am Melbourne" and appear to actually mean it. Others need to stand up and say this or even better play it out on the field. My hope is for clever but subtle change some weeding and at least two boom recruits. Subtle enough?

Guest Rassilon

We've become conditioned to make excuses for them.

We shouldn't tolerate it anymore.

Discuss.

You are being very unfair on our current administration. They are physically and mentally pushing the players harder than they have ever pushed before "tough love". However, sadly those changes will not become apparent to some for some time yet.

We are not making "excuses" in reality its the complete opposite. There are no longer any "free rides" at the MFC.

We must face the daily reality players respond at different rates and YES some sadly will never grasp the opportunity they have in front of them. However, we must all treat those players with respect and not the current method you are trying to employ.

We must also face the reality that there are 17 other teams in the AFL aiming for the same goal. However, what will set us above the rest is unity - unity aimed at delivering elite performance.

Unity behind our players, our coaches and our whole football department that we will provide an environment for them to reach elite optimal performance levels on a weekly basis. (Which will not always be made public - holy shivers we would be mad to release all our secrets)

AFL football demands that - you have no choice. Positive, constructive, respectful criticism is welcome in any professional environment in reality encouraged.

Your passion is heart warming, but a fine line between blind passion and destructive unhealthy criticism. There is a difference between "freedom of speech" and consistently moaning about events we as supporters should or can have an involvement in.

Anyway thats my thoughts on the "discussion" - assuming thats your real intentions.

Edited by Rassilon
  • Like 1

When Hawthorn had a bad run for a few years, names like Brereton and Dunstall came on board. Serious players with serious cred. It would be sad if we have import that to our club, but we just might have to. I am not optimistic, but will do all I can (like everyone here).

Well your name sake was pretty bloody good as well! What worries me is we were down for years with the likes of Sullivan, Davis, Wells, Alves, Flower, Ditterich, Keenan, Parke, Callery and Dillon. Dr. Gonz may be right then...who have we got now that could match it with those guys apart from Sylvia, Clark and Jones?

Well your name sake was pretty bloody good as well! What worries me is we were down for years with the likes of Sullivan, Davis, Wells, Alves, Flower, Ditterich, Keenan, Parke, Callery and Dillon. Dr. Gonz may be right then...who have we got now that could match it with those guys apart from Sylvia, Clark and Jones?

Here lies a large portion of our problem...Our legends did not taste success from 64 onwards. The advice they give can only be speculation as far as cups go.

Like North in the 70's we are going to have to buy a large part of the culture we lack.

Here lies a large portion of our problem...Our legends did not taste success from 64 onwards. The advice they give can only be speculation as far as cups go.

Like North in the 70's we are going to have to buy a large part of the culture we lack.

and I left out Hardeman..A state half back line Sullivan Hardeman Davis...Wells Flower Alves...Parke Dillon not to mention tough guys Biffen and Molloy, true blue rovers Callery and big Guys Ditterich and Keenan types...

Is Melbourne is crisis or will we bounce back from this.

and I left out Hardeman..A state half back line Sullivan Hardeman Davis...Wells Flower Alves...Parke Dillon not to mention tough guys Biffen and Molloy, true blue rovers Callery and big Guys Ditterich and Keenan types...

Is Melbourne is crisis or will we bounce back from this.

We had a crack side in the early 70's. They just couldn't quite gel. For whatever reason... State reps everywhere!!

injury prone? do you mean Jamar...or Gawny.....You know Gonzo....I've only seen Gawn play 2 games v Bombers and Tigers...He looked young but effective. Agreed the knee is a worry.

Yeah I meant Gawn - he impressed in the games he got in 2011 but due to his history of knee injuries I'll count it as a bonus if he makes it rather than expecting it to happen.

I'll give a serious answer.

There are players on the all lists that fall into two categories - developing and what you see is what you get .There are always late bloomers and certain exceptions but I use 23 as the demarcation line. So we should look at our over 23 year olds (what you see is what you get) and mark their cards -a simple yes or no.

Under 23 is a little more difficult as you need to use a little more imagination - body filling out, more preseasons and upside - I give more leeway to your bigger blokes as history shows you that they take more time to develop - the smaller types like Bennell and Jetta should be starting to show something by 3rd - 4th season in.

This is generalisation but that is my attempt at a serious response - no excuses - just a logical approach to the list.

• Like 1

Dear Administrators of Demonland,

If THIS is the current quality of discussion on D'land, and the web traffic is costing you $$$, then maybe just put the site offline until the trade period starts.

Looking out for you xoxo

GL.

I would say that the over-the-top language and attacks on RR are slightly unwarranted but that sounds excuse-ish doesn't it?

I guess you better just take it, champ...

Bennell, Dunn, Bate, MacDonald, Green, Sellar, Petterd, Cook, and Davis are likely to leave.

And a few out of Moloney, Davey, Gysberts, Morton, Batram, Jurrah, Jetta, Bail, Spencer and Rivers may go too.

I don't think many of us have any delusions when it comes to where the list is at...

Dear Administrators of Demonland,

If THIS is the current quality of discussion on D'land, and the web traffic is costing you $$$, then maybe just put the site offline until the trade period starts.

Looking out for you xoxo

GL.

Oh please GL

The site is for discussion good or bad.

There is a lot of negative comment because the team is crap at present.

Closing the site will just mean the negativity festers because it cannot be let out.

All closing the site would do IMO would be to encourage drop outs.

While the talking continues people stay on board

Believe it or not talking even if negative helps heal the wounds.

• Like 1