Optimists only - let's dream

The Reverend

Several players have performed quite well this season, Jones, Howe, Watts, Rivers, Blease, Clark and Garland and J-Macdonald in parts. Grimes and Trengove have been a little down of expectation but still ok. However I hope we can build our list around those sort of players, obtain maybe 3-4 in trade week, draft wisely. I'd suggest we look for some elite ball users and another key forward, or otherwise just train really hard on our skill work in the coming preseason

I am a total optimist. I see the boys in the team monstering the opposition once they get experience and strength. Picture all of these players in 2 years, imagining they play together and continue to learn.

A fit forward line will scare many a team. How about: Talls: Cloke (TBC), Clark, Jurrah, Cook (or Martin). Jamar or Gawn to drift forward. Smalls: Blease and Howe

A young backline will gel like a machine. How about: Frawley, Watts, Tom McDonald, Rivers, Garland and Strauss (Sellar to play on opposition gorillas)

The mids will be tough and driven, led by Trengrove, Grimes, Jones, Viney, Tappscott and Jetta. Oh and outside runners like Gysberts and Morton will finally develop the confidence and footy smarts to take the game on and win.

Jamar, Gawn and Pencil will massacre opposition ruckmen.

Dont care how early or premature this is but this is the dare to dream forum,

FB: Frawley Mcdonald Tapscott

HB: Toumpas Sellar Tynan

C: Grimes Mckenzie Taggert

HF: Blease Watts Trengove

FF: Howe Clark Jurrah

R: Jamar Viney Jones

Int: Gysberts Nicholson Garland Sylvia (sub)

starting to look like a bit of a blend between vetrens like jamar and jones with draftees

i also see a midfielder on every line

optimistic having sellar and watts where they are but it is where they'll need to be for the club to move forward

also avoided too much draft/trade speculatiin (viney is a given and would be surprised if we dont get toumpas)

Lucifer's Hero

Rookie Demon

• photo-thumb-7495.jpg?_r=1338244816
  • Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 26 posts

Posted Today, 11:26 AM

McLardy has reported on mfc website that Opel have signed on for another year...more good news for the club :)

See, one more reason to be optimistic. Thanks LH.

Ha. Starting to think that your thread is contributing to the spread of positive energy. Like an old fashioned hot gospeller spreading the good news and converting the heathens.

Ha. Starting to think that your thread is contributing to the spread of positive energy. Like an old fashioned hot gospeller spreading the good news and converting the heathens.

Positive thoughts breed positive actions. Let's keep spreading the good word to all who'll listen. The time will come when we can hold our heads high and glory in the feats of our club. The day is coming.

Cripes this thread is like walking into Ned Flanders house.

Definitely, insomuch as at some stage we've run out of wood, and are now painting the dirt.

dont know why you wasted your time then especially given the.title.of the thread

Reasons to be optimistic:

1. The late season form of Grimes and Trengove. In 3 years time they'll be experienced leaders and players, will be great dual captains.

2. The emergence of Watts, Blease, Howe and McDonald as 4 guys with the skills to be long-term above average great players

3. The form of Jones and Clark (until injured) showing that they are both great players, genuinely up there with the top players at other clubs

Future reason to optimistic... sylvinator's post-season moves:

- Trade pick 12 (Compo) and Gysberts for Cloke and 3rd rounder

- Trade pick 4 to GWS for Jesse Hogan -17-year old 194cm strong pack-busting forward, big talent. Even the best KPPs usually take 3 years to develop anyway, so getting him as a 17 year old, in an elite program, playing VFL will help his development.

- Manage to bluff GWS into letting Viney through to the second round. Will GWS risk losing Whitfield to Gold Coast or Melbourne by bidding on Viney, i don't think so!

- Use pick 3 for Jimmy Toumpas. South Australian GUN midfielder we are looking for.

Outcome- In: Cloke (195cm beast CHF), Hogan (17 year old elite talent, 194cm strong KPP), Toumpas (elite midfield talent), Viney (leadership personified!)

Team for 2013/2014:

McDonald , Frawley , Strauss

Watts , Rivers , Garland

Trengove , Jones , Grimes

Howe , Cloke , Sylvia

Jurrah , Clark , Blease

Jamar , McKenzie , Viney

Int: Toumpas, Hogan, Taggert, Nicholson, Morton, Moloney, Martin, Gawn

Tell me that team doesn't make finals!!!

Get the odds now because after 3 rounds next year they're going to get a whole lot shorter.

Crawf52 will you for good sake go to bed it is way to late for us to be on this thread!

Don't you have anything better to do?

Crawf52 will you for good sake go to bed it is way to late for us to be on this thread!

Don't you have anything better to do?

Just waiting for the pills to kick in then I'm off to bed.

I set myself a target to see if I could generate 5 pages of positive discussion. I'm almost there. Come on everybody get on board the optimism bus. The reality bus has flat tyres.

Some of you perfect storm types might want to contribute to this thread. The optimists are going to take over Demonland and turn it into a joyful celebration of dedication to a cause. It will rub off on players, coaches and administrators. The sky is the limit. Don't miss the bus.

Some of you perfect storm types might want to contribute to this thread. The optimists are going to take over Demonland and turn it into a joyful celebration of dedication to a cause. It will rub off on players, coaches and administrators. The sky is the limit. Don't miss the bus.

Crawf have you checked those pills you are taking mate?

I am sure the dose is too high.

Sorry Crawf I could help myself

I hope I am not raining on your parade

Crawf have you checked those pills you are taking mate?

I am sure the dose is too high.

Sorry Crawf I could help myself

I hope I am not raining on your parade

Mate, I've got the optimist's umbrella up. Nothing's gonna dampen my outlook. I just hope all the doubters will be big enough to say "Geez, you were right Crawf", when the two Jacks are holding aloft the cup in three years time.

Get on the bus!

Mate, I've got the optimist's umbrella up. Nothing's gonna dampen my outlook. I just hope all the doubters will be big enough to say "Geez, you were right Crawf", when the two Jacks are holding aloft the cup in three years time.

Get on the bus!

I'm not sure that we're reading from the same timetable... But I've got my ticket.

• Like 1

Get on the bus!

I'm on the reality bus and they don't allow umbrellas.