Lol ......thanks for that....you missed beautiful scenery. I not the press is moving towards sprinting coverage which pretty much tells us no one reckons Cadel has a chance. Maybe the Dalai Lama can do a puja for him,he's a Tibetan human rights supporter.

Nibali had mounted a couple of late attacks on the final climb which destroyed the main pack and dropped off the other Sky support riders (massive effort from Rogers) leaving basically Wiggins, Froome, Cadel, TJ and Schleck in an all star chase group. don't think there was any big move that broke Cadel (if there was, the coverage missed it), he just dropped off in the end. TJ dropped off to try and bring him back in touch with Wiggins, but Cadel looked absolutely destroyed and to be honest in the end was probably lucky to only lose the 1 min 20 odd that he did. TJ was looking strong, and it would have been a great opportunity to attack

general apology for probable misspelling of names

Thanks guys. I don't think Cadel has had a great season so far. Maybe he's just out of form?

Should we harness the power of Friday the 13th?

acurseonyou.jpg

I'm still going with the Dalai Lama myself...the story of Milarepa the Tibetan Yogi who turned to witchcraft is too challenging. There's probably a wikipedia entry if you need an explanation,but expiation would probably be 10 Tours on an old bike with flat tyres and mountain stages only...in the snow and back to back.

I don't know if Cadel's Catholic but he needs a miracle now.

Froome was awesome again. It was great when he accelerated and dropped his captain instantly. He has looked the best rider overall.

Wouldn't it be amazing if Froome just said hang it I'm going to try and win it and left Wiggins for dead..... Not going to happen but that is all thgere is to hope for now Cadel looks long gone.

Nothing but respect for Cadel and all the riders, what an amazing event!

I know team management won't let Froome take yellow from Wiggo in the mountains so long as the Chief is still pedaling but what about in the final TT? If, though unlikely, Froome was having the ride of his life and on track to take yellow, would he be told to slow down and gift the win to Wiggo?

Domestique bar sounds interesting. Let us know what it is like if you go. I might check it out the following weekend.

I know team management won't let Froome take yellow from Wiggo in the mountains so long as the Chief is still pedaling but what about in the final TT? If, though unlikely, Froome was having the ride of his life and on track to take yellow, would he be told to slow down and gift the win to Wiggo?

Domestique bar sounds interesting. Let us know what it is like if you go. I might check it out the following weekend.

HOH! wouldn't that be amazing!!! Finger crossed Froome has to work hard enough with someone pushing up to challenge he and Wig so Froome is close enough to puts the sh !ts up Wig in the final TT....

Did anyone notice Wiggins' bike before the start of the time trial ?

It differed from the standard IMO, obviously been passed by Tour organisers, but I can't help but think there was some sort of advantage in it.

Early start for 'Le Tour' today . In fact , they've started the 1st climb as I'm posting this . SBS coverage starts at 10pm (as usual) but you can watch it live at SBS online . They've gotta be a bit weary after yesterday's stage !

Stage 12 ...

PROFIL.jpg

THE VIEW OF JEAN-FRANCOIS PESCHEUX

Many will get fidgety

"Yet another strategic stage, one which could tip the balance in the points classification on its own. Why? Because we have adorned the first part of this long stage (226 km) with the Col de Grand Cucheron and the Col du Granier. The latter will be climbed on its most difficult side. A high pace will knock out the sprinters, favouring riders who are fast and capable of hanging onto the bunch on climbs. We will insist that time limits be applied strictly, so I bet many riders will get fidgety, and some of them will not forget the finish in Annonay any time soon..."

Edited by Macca

Early start for 'Le Tour' today . In fact , they've started the 1st climb as I'm posting this . SBS coverage starts at 10pm (as usual) so we will miss both early climbs .

There's a live stream on the sbs website.

There's a live stream on the sbs website.

Bewdy ! Good pick up . Corrected original post .

Edited by Macca

it's a bit disappointing that Matt Goss got relegated to the back of the field. It's cost him a huge margin in the green jersey competition. The commentators seemed a bit surprised by the decision. Can he appeal? Has he?

He was hit with a sprint infringement going for 6th against Sagan. They deemed that he deviated from his line and was hit with a 30 point penalty (Last night they said he'd be sent to the back).

High drama as Matt Goss's green jersey dreams shattered after 12th stage

Wiggins was hit with a flare with 25 k's to go. I don't remember seeing that but maybe my voodoo doll worked (a little bit anyway, needs more pins).

He was hit with a sprint infringement going for 6th against Sagan. They deemed that he deviated from his line and was hit with a 30 point penalty (Last night they said he'd be sent to the back).

High drama as Matt Goss's green jersey dreams shattered after 12th stage

Wiggins was hit with a flare with 25 k's to go. I don't remember seeing that but maybe my voodoo doll worked (a little bit anyway, needs more pins).

Here's the story ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/bradley-wiggins/9399306/Tour-de-France-2012-Bradley-Wiggins-burnt-by-flare-as-rowdy-spectators-mar-the-closing-stages.html

Another picture-postcard stage where 'Le Tour' hits the Mediterranean later in the night . Stage 13 ...

PROFIL.jpg

Not a piece of cake

"Another long stage. This one stretches 217 km from Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux to Cap d'Agde, where the bunch will embrace the Mediterranean. A treasure trove of beautiful TV pictures... and the prospect of a sprint finish, at least among those fast men who have managed not to lose contact on the climb up the Mont-Saint-Clair, 23 kilometres from the finish. In other words, the stage is not a piece of cake and the race could go crazy. Moreover, the wind is always a menace near the Mediterranean, and we already saw what it can do when the Tour visited La Grande Motte in 2009..."

Edited by Macca

Not looking good for the Aussies. Cadel still miles behind Wiggins (and Froome & Nibali) and last night Sagan extended his lead over Goss in the green jersey.

Do we have anyone left in contention? I think all we can hope for now is a stage win by Goss and Green Edge.

The Pyreness . The 1st big climb to the 'Port de Lers' will commence soon after 10.40pm , whilst the 2nd big climb to the 'Mur de Peguere' will happen sometime after 11.40pm . Stage 14 ...

PROFIL.jpg

An appetiser

"We have reached the Pyrenees! But this is more of an appetiser than a mountain stage proper. Things will get going at kilometre 116 with the ascent to the Port de Lers, with 11.4 km at 7%. Then comes the Mur de Péguère, which is making its Tour debut and could deal some serious damage too: some sections are close to an 18% gradient, with 10.8% at the finish! Nevertheless, the distance to Foix will make great climbers hesitate. In my opinion, this is more of a stage for all-rounders such Voeckler and Chavanel. Or maybe a 50 man strong group with the freshest riders in it...

• Like 1

The Pyreness . The 1st big climb to the 'Port de Lers' will commence soon after 10.40pm , whilst the 2nd big climb to the 'Mur de Peguere' will happen sometime after 11.40pm . Stage 14 ...

Nice work on the stage updates Macca.

Nice work on the stage updates Macca.

It's tricky getting the times right though JJ . It's at best a semi-intelligent guess !

I just know there's many like me who just love those big climbs . Wednesday and Thursday's stages present some more big climbs (I think)

I haven't given up on Cadel , mainly because he isn't going to give up on us . He's a champion .

An unlucky stage for Cadel last night, copped 3 punctures from tacks being thrown on the road. Good sportsmanship shown with the peloton slowing down to wait for him.

nemesis.jpg

• Like 1

An unlucky stage for Cadel last night, copped 3 punctures from tacks being thrown on the road. Good sportsmanship shown with the peloton slowing down to wait for him.

nemesis.jpg

Lol.

Hit the pillow with 40km to go and missed the tacks debacle.

Nice to read what Wiggins instructed to his Sky teammates and wait for the reigning champion.

Lol.

Hit the pillow with 40km to go and missed the tacks debacle.

Nice to read what Wiggins instructed to his Sky teammates and wait for the reigning champion.

I heard that on the news today. A true sportsman, and a Pom to boot.

Too bad some of his fellow pom sportsman dont share his intregity.

We might have not sufferred a white-wash in the ODI, if those pommy cricketers had waited up and let us catch up.

On the punctures... it brings in a new meaning of tack-dicks during the Tour de France