Tom Scully

I noticed that Gary Lyon has $11 odds to couch next year. I also recall Lyon saying he spoke to Tom regularly. Wonder if Tom will stay next year with Gary as coach.

Probably connecting dots that shouldn't be connected, but this thread is famed for that so why not :)

Garry will never coach and I don't think most people would want him to anyhow. Maybe 6 or 8 years ago but the moment's past.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly wouldn't totally put it out of the question. Bookmakers don't put odds on possible new coaches without some inside information. Probably unlikely, but not out of the question in my opinion.

I certainly wouldn't totally put it out of the question. Bookmakers don't put odds on possible new coaches without some inside information. Probably unlikely, but not out of the question in my opinion.

Absolutely out of the question.

When Malthouse stated on Thursday's Footy Show that "if you're out of the game for a year you're dead in the water", Gary was the first to chime and agree with him. He's also categorically stated multiple times this year he'll never coach Melbourne. Won't happen.

Like I said, very unlikely but I am not 100% convinced.

By way, I thought RFPC was the eternal optimist around here, but you have Melbourne down for three premierships in the next 8 years, wow!

I think these 3rd party agreements are a joke anyway and shouldn't be allowed. But the facts are they are allowed, at least 114 players in the league have them and the only clubs that don't are us and North. Now that we want to use a 3rd party agreement for one of our players the rules have suddenly been "tightened".

TS already has a third party agreement possible two and I think a few players and north have them always so I think you might be wrong on that point.

I noticed that Gary Lyon has $11 odds to couch next year. I also recall Lyon saying he spoke to Tom regularly. Wonder if Tom will stay next year with Gary as coach.

Probably connecting dots that shouldn't be connected, but this thread is famed for that so why not :)

I think they have only caught up once but said here my number if you need to talk to someone away from the club. Gary told Tom he won't be coaching he earns more now and has less stress. He said senior coaches live and breath football every second of the day and he admires their commitment but thats not him.

This is wrong ... The AFL changed nothing. Sorry you have got your facts wrong here. So from that spot I stopped reading ... just sounds like an anti-AFL rant.

The facts are the AFL agreed to the changes the committee recommended .... massive, massive difference.

HO suggest you read post 17 of GWS topic. Maybe AFL didnt change the rules they just didnt listen to the Committee. I couldn't give a rats..... if you stopped reading. As far as rants go you are not the only one allowed to rant but at least my rants are to the point whereas yours are unreadable, with a lot of innuendo so really they say nothing. Ha another rant :blink:

I thought it was us that made the request, think the Tigers also made noises ... not the committee! Do you have a link?

So I thought it was the opposite ... the AFL did not ignore the request of the List Management Committee ... they accepted the changes the committee requested.

Article

Read this to the end and a few of the committee have said they were told not consulted

Guest hangon007

HO suggest you read post 17 of GWS topic. Maybe AFL didnt change the rules they just didnt listen to the Committee. I couldn't give a rats..... if you stopped reading. As far as rants go you are not the only one allowed to rant but at least my rants are to the point whereas yours are unreadable, with a lot of innuendo so really they say nothing. Ha another rant :blink:

hahaha ... think you should read the real story not the John Ralph beat-up ... written 12 months later

"Several members of that committee confirmed they tried to protect second-year players, but the idea was deemed inappropriate."

The committee never put the suggestion forward, it would never have got up at the committee stage. Why? Other AFL clubs would have seen thru it in seconds. Why pick an arbitary 2 years ... why not 4? why not 6?

As I said above a few clubs had a few minor mutterings think it was March who was the most vocal, but was generally dismissed on the view they has no rep on the committee .... but they all (clubs) signed it off. .... answer YES Did the voice their objections there and then? ... answer NO B)

I can see why you dont read ... ah then you dont get the facts ... instead prefer to believe Ralphs beat-up. Wonder why they wanted to distance themselves 12 months latter ??

Read this ... http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=96815

Get your facts right ... but hey I've said it 100 times ... you are not alone around here. :)

Edited by hangon007

hahaha ... think you should read the real story not the John Ralph beat-up ... written 12 months later

"Several members of that committee confirmed they tried to protect second-year players, but the idea was deemed inappropriate."

The committee never put the suggestion forward, it would never have got up at the committee stage. Why? Other AFL clubs would have seen thru it in seconds. Why pick an arbitary 2 years ... why not 4? why not 6?

As I said above a few clubs had a few minor mutterings think it was March who was the most vocal, but was generally dismissed on the view they has no rep on the committee .... but they all (clubs) signed it off. .... answer YES Did the voice their objections there and then? ... answer NO B)

I can see why you dont read ... ah then you dont get the facts ... instead prefer to believe Ralphs beat-up. Wonder why they wanted to distance themselves 12 months latter ??

Read this ... http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=96815

Get your facts right ... but hey I've said it 100 times ... you are not alone around here. :)

Two years isn't arbitrary at all. Drafted players are given a mandatory 2year contract as a minimum. The goal was to protect these players - who have only played two seasons as they should have since being drafted.

Wasn't in the circle singing the club song after the win. Did anyone else notice this?

Yep, already on the plane to Western Sydney. Or maybe just getting treatment in the rooms on his injured shoulder, while the boys sang the song in the cool room :rolleyes:

Yep, already on the plane to Western Sydney. Or maybe just getting treatment in the rooms on his injured shoulder, while the boys sang the song in the cool room :rolleyes:

Unless you're totally incapacitated, you get in there and sing the club song with the boys!

Unless you're totally incapacitated, you get in there and sing the club song with the boys!

Oh FFS, they sang it straight away, and I doubt anyone ran into the rooms to tell him to stop his treatment, run up and sing the song. Seriously!

Stop reading so much into everything. If Watts or Trengove were in the same situation nobody would even mention it. I just hope Scully isn't too badly hurt.

Give it a rest and go and check under your bed... I heard there may be some reds under it.

Oh FFS, they sang it straight away, and I doubt anyone ran into the rooms to tell him to stop his treatment, run up and sing the song. Seriously!

Stop reading so much into everything. If Watts or Trengove were in the same situation nobody would even mention it. I just hope Scully isn't too badly hurt.

I've seen guys with knee recos, concussion, broken bones make it to the circle for the song. It is slightly strange. The only excuse for it is if he's left the ground for x rays or something.