The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

You know, I've just come to the realisation that this thread is the only one on Demonland where more than 50% of its regular posters are sane.

Does this mean the club's in trouble?

Depends on which side of the ledger one sits. Which side of the 50% are you on WJ?

Ok. How did you get that cow to smile like that in your avatar? Or don't I want to know ... :blink:

Lest just say they are very close and leave it at that RBB

There is no doubt we have improved as the stats have reflected that improvement.

What is killing us is the lack of our forward line, ruck backup for Spencer and the poor replacements for our missing players. We are also playing some non AFL standard players ATM and it hurts.

The non-AFL standards is particularly shown by our clangers. Not only couldn't we hit a cow's arze with a banjo, we would miss so spectacularly that we would knock ourselves out and scare the living #$!% out of the cow, which would go on a rampage and destroy everything in sight (except the banjo) ...

You know, I've just come to the realisation that this thread is the only one on Demonland where more than 50% of its regular posters are sane.

Does this mean the club's in trouble?

That might depend on whether you classify yourself as one of the sane ones or not ... :lol:

Lest just say they are very close and leave it at that RBB

Is that the same reason your avatar looks like it is about to bite something's head off? :blink:

You don't know?

I do but wanted WJ to say LOL

Edited by DemonFrog

Is that the same reason your avatar looks like it is about to bite something's head off? :blink:

I am a Demon Worshiper after all RBB.

Should be fun at the lilypond.

SuperStock_1305-191.jpg

Here with my 5 toilets, I am always ready for some fun!

If any one is interested Chan Phat grocery in Victoria St, Richmond is selling bananas for $1.29 per kilo. I bought a few kilos for myself and a couple for the local possums. How wonderful.

Brilliant!

Potato prices are skyrocketing ATM - so scallop potatoes will be on the back burner. Apologies for topic change.....back to the bananas..

what's happened to hannibal? tipping point? 426?

I hope not, that would prove me wrong!

I suggested that there would be no tipping point, that all with a deep love and affection for their club, to see it rise again will stick fat.

Probably caught the last plane out of Melbourne Sunday night for a last minute organised vacation for 5 months.

Will be back in time for trade talk.

I suggested that there would be no tipping point, that all with a deep love and affection for their club, to see it rise again will stick fat.

Probably caught the last plane out of Melbourne Sunday night for a last minute organised vacation for 5 months.

I wish I could afford to do that H_T

Seems like the perfect solution.

Trouble is I would still want to sneak a look at the scores etc.

It seems to me that several recent AFL rules/decisions have hurt us.

The introduction of the 2 new clubs and all their draft picks have slowed any chance of a quick come back.

The abolition of the PP has done the same.

The refusal of Evans to grant us one despite 7 pathetic seasons has done the same.

The abolition of 1 runner has aided the more experienced teams, of which we are not one.

The tanking inquiry and its aftermath has also hurt us.

Our fixture when looked at in a commercial sense has also hurt us financially.

There are probably more that i can't think of ATM.

Good point. Demon Frog by name, Demon Frog by nature, I presume ... :)

Pity my AFL team is filled with mummy boys, we some some demon spirit back in the team!

Bitter what are you doing this weekend?

I seem to remember a while back Hannibal/Ben Her/The Moth saying he wouldn't buy a membership until the club showed signs of improvement. Maybe he's gone the whole hog and stopped showing any interest? Or has he copped a suspension H_T?

I had coffee this afternoon with an old friend who happens to be a dees supporter for almost as long as me.

Said he has completely disconnected with the MFC after the 2012 season and then AFL at senior level goes to his local Amos team.

I ask would you come back?

He said doubt it I am now used to a non AFL existence, just so much easier and more fun.

He enjoys following a team that wins as many as it loses and he always feels his side has a chance.

Interesting that he said he no longer worries about the financial problems, does not take millions to field his side.

Running costs are low and generally has a good time.

Lost him I think barring a possible GF appearance I doubt he would be back.

In general conversation he said would never be a member again.

If we became a good side he might be persuaded to go to the odd game but it would be a GA if at all.

I seem to remember a while back Hannibal/Ben Her/The Moth saying he wouldn't buy a membership until the club showed signs of improvement. Maybe he's gone the whole hog and stopped showing any interest? Or has he copped a suspension H_T?

Indeed suspended. He can mull over his wrong doing whilst peeling back a banana or thousand.

I may have overlooked the membership statement - I don't recall that, what I do recall was his tipping point if they didn't pick up Hogan. Phew that was a close one. JH's back injury may have tipped him.