The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

It is all starting to sound very dodgy. An assault and a car being torched down at Connewarre, unpaid bills for horses and payments to tax havens in Bermuda! Promises of 25% returns on punting? A sensible person wouldn't go near it unless you are interested in tax avoidance, money laundering or alternatively you are just plain stupid?

In Don's case it could just be the latter.

Yeah, I reckon when a couple hundred million bucks suddenly disappears there's always room to suspect something dodgy just happened.

Hopefully, this will have no effect whatsoever on the price of bananas.

Yeah, I reckon when a couple hundred million bucks suddenly disappears there's always room to suspect something dodgy just happened.

Well I suppose it is only just starting to look dodgy because most of us had never heard of this punters club until this week. The price of bananas is dependent on quite different criteria I think. Maybe climate in the key growing areas, who knows I am not an expert. Maybe TGP you can inform us of more detail on the punters club and what determines the price of bananas?

Let's see .. A big punter's club with links to Bermuda has either a lot of monkeys on the payroll, or a rather large demand for catering. Either way, they have a large standing order for bananas (say 5,000 a week). When the collapse happens, so does the demand for bananas, leaving an oversupply of cheap bananas for this thread to consume. Simples! :lol:

Let's see .. A big punter's club with links to Bermuda has either a lot of monkeys on the payroll, or a rather large demand for catering. Either way, they have a large standing order for bananas (say 5,000 a week). When the collapse happens, so does the demand for bananas, leaving an oversupply of cheap bananas for this thread to consume. Simples! :lol:

This sounds very appealing to me

also operated without receipts, just trust apparently

does make you wonder doesn't it

could be just plain greed

372966938_demotivational_posters_greed_i

I think there is a lot more to come on this subject Redleg.

It will be the subject for a very good story when all is revealed over the next couple of years.

Spot on od. A lot more to come on this. The $5m suffering colt being bitten by the spider may be a little karma for BC3.

Was it a spider H_T?

Apparently the horse will never race, just as every vet said at the sales. Oh, the purchaser's vet was the only one to say low risk, when all the others said high risk, due to knee issues.

Now we hear the owners paid BC3 for their shares in the horse, but the money wasn't passed on to the Sales Company, which retains the ID papers. Can't race even if it was able to, can't be sold. Owners would be happy.

Apparently the horse will never race, just as every vet said at the sales. Oh, the purchaser's vet was the only one to say low risk, when all the others said high risk, due to knee issues.

Now we hear the owners paid BC3 for their shares in the horse, but the money wasn't passed on to the Sales Company, which retains the ID papers. Can't race even if it was able to, can't be sold. Owners would be happy.

i don't understand redleg

if every other potential buyer's vets were against it, how come the price reached $5M?

wouldn't this indicate there was some spirited bidding?

otherwise shouldn't bc3 have got him for a song?

Nice pun there, TBF, as is your bent ... :-)

So they went around the bend before they were forced to split with all the smoothies they could ever consume in a life time.

But on a serious note, any business built on greed and poor governance will always end ib a burning heap. Just as our friends at MessyDrugs will soon find out.

I remember a conversation with one of my ex staff who was a jockie who said "the racing industry is corrupt". If his comment is true they you would expect this type of thing to happen.

Anyway I have another chance of retirement tonight, 50 million Draw or so I was told.

i don't understand redleg

if every other potential buyer's vets were against it, how come the price reached $5M?

wouldn't this indicate there was some spirited bidding?

otherwise shouldn't bc3 have got him for a song?

Some houses are sold at inflated prices when there is only one genuine bidder too dc.

So they went around the bend before they were forced to split with all the smoothies they could ever consume in a life time.

But on a serious note, any business built on greed and poor governance will always end ib a burning heap. Just as our friends at MessyDrugs will soon find out.

I remember a conversation with one of my ex staff who was a jockie who said "the racing industry is corrupt". If his comment is true they you would expect this type of thing to happen.

Anyway I have another chance of retirement tonight, 50 million Draw or so I was told.

Any industry that has lots of cash floating around attracts the interest of crooks TBF

Add in the human frailty of greed and guess what people lose their money.

I am constantly reminded of that saying "If it looks to good to be true it usually is"

Any industry that has lots of cash floating around attracts the interest of crooks TBF

I am constantly reminded of that saying "If it looks to good to be true it usually is"

As usual I agree with your comments

It is concerning that gambling is allowed to flourish in the sporting and commercial environment's

But at the end of the day fools will always lose their money

IMO you get nothing for free in this world

No paperwork provided to participants. Wonder if the guy worked at Essendon.

Not sure but he would be an excellent replacement for their sacked thug/sniper Wallace.

LIke, OD!

Damn all my early retirement plans have again come to a quick end.

No one won the 50 million Oz Lotto last night.

So it back to work for me.