The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

Had a great day at the footy today

Just got home Uni Blacks got up again by 6 goals ( beat the last team today ) still undefeated.

Picked up by a couple of mates so no need to drive.

Don't think the cork will come out of single malt tonight, already a few too many MB's

I had forgotten what it feels like going to a game expecting to win.

Bloody marvilous!

Now the pain starts I guess but at least I can turn off the Tele if it gets too bad.

Need to stay nice from here on, 7.00 AM GD minding duty tomorrow morning.

Go Dees

Felt very little pain sitting among the Bomber fans last night at the G. Thanks Scoop Junior for making me go. I gave us no chance. Really good to see the young kids enjoying the win. and a few of us oldies as well.

• Like 1

With all of the media criticism this year, which I can cop, the one thing I can't is Sheahan calling the MFC "disgusting and pathetic" .

It is one thing to describe our football as disgusting or pathetic but he said the club was. There are a lot of people who make up a footy club and I think he has been let off those comments which I find reprehensible. I know he is a so called supporter but I will remind him of those comments if I ever see him at the footy or a function. To say that about a club is disgusting and pathetic and he deserves condemnation. I personally won't forget those comments. I find them so much worse than King's as to not bear comparison.The lowlight in Sheahan's career as far as I am concerned.

Sheahan here is my top 50 footy idiots of the year:

1. Mike Sheahan.

• Like 3

With Cook having a good game and taking some big grabs, Fitzpatrick improving and the good form of Jai Sheahan and Troy Davis, our tall stocks are on the improve. In the seniors with Clark ok at one end and Frawley at the other and with Watts settling in the back line for a while and with Sellars to pinch hit and Garland and Rivers, we seem to be looking ok in the tall department.

Why am I saying all this, because I don't want us to go after Cloke at over a million a year for 5 years. I can see another Templeton situation if we get him. I would rather develop our own and go hell for leather after quality mids and a small forward or two.

• Like 6

With Cook having a good game and taking some big grabs, Fitzpatrick improving and the good form of Jai Sheahan and Troy Davis, our tall stocks are on the improve. In the seniors with Clark ok at one end and Frawley at the other and with Watts settling in the back line for a while and with Sellars to pinch hit and Garland and Rivers, we seem to be looking ok in the tall department.

Why am I saying all this, because I don't want us to go after Cloke at over a million a year for 5 years. I can see another Templeton situation if we get him. I would rather develop our own and go hell for leather after quality mids and a small forward or two.

exactly what ive been saying also. Put the money in the middle. Other areas are evolving ok but we need a quality engine to drive this car.
  • Like 1

With all of the media criticism this year, which I can cop, the one thing I can't is Sheahan calling the MFC "disgusting and pathetic" .

It is one thing to describe our football as disgusting or pathetic but he said the club was. There are a lot of people who make up a footy club and I think he has been let off those comments which I find reprehensible.

1. Mike Sheahan.

for what it's worth Redleg, Don McLardy was on 3AW last week and he absolutely ripped into Sheahan over those comments - really genuinely angry.

Sheahan has also mentioned several times how McLardy rang him first thing in the morning when the article came out and tore him a new one privately.

I'm glad he got the chance to do it publicly too, although Mike was wearing it as a badge of honour of course

You have my vote Redleg

Not that it is worth much as I am confident the FD does not seek it.

for what it's worth Redleg, Don McLardy was on 3AW last week and he absolutely ripped into Sheahan over those comments - really genuinely angry.

Sheahan has also mentioned several times how McLardy rang him first thing in the morning when the article came out and tore him a new one privately.

I'm glad he got the chance to do it publicly too, although Mike was wearing it as a badge of honour of course

To be honest I am still staggered that Sheahan could have written that article. It is the most offensive one to a club that I can recall and to think it was written by a club member.

You have my vote Redleg

Not that it is worth much as I am confident the FD does not seek it.

I can actually see us developing our own Cloke from within the list, unlike a Pendlebury, Thomas, Swan, Cotchin, Deledio, Martin, Sewell, Watson etc.

• Like 2

To be honest I am still staggered that Sheahan could have written that article. It is the most offensive one to a club that I can recall and to think it was written by a club member.

Yeh I was pretty surprised that he used such strong language so early in the season

It may have been warranted had we gone through the entire year playing as we did against Sydney, but it was jumping the gun at 0-8

Funny how last year when we defeated Essendon, Bailey and the team were criticised for their jubilation and celebrations at the siren, yet this year Neeld and co were feted for the same

It is one thing to describe our football as disgusting or pathetic but he said the club was. There are a lot of people who make up a footy club and I think he has been let off those comments which I find reprehensible. I know he is a so called supporter but I will remind him of those comments if I ever see him at the footy or a function. To say that about a club is disgusting and pathetic and he deserves condemnation. I personally won't forget those comments. I find them so much worse than King's as to not bear comparison.The lowlight in Sheahan's career as far as I am concerned.

Sheahan here is my top 50 footy idiots of the year:

1. Mike Sheahan.

The other 49 idiots are the people like us who have kept this thread going for so long :lol:

• Like 1

Yeh I was pretty surprised that he used such strong language so early in the season

It may have been warranted had we gone through the entire year playing as we did against Sydney, but it was jumping the gun at 0-8

I think you have missed my point. I don't mind him calling our on field performances "disgusting and pathetic" it was the fact that he aimed that at the club itself. He said the MFC were disgusting and pathetic. As I said earlier if I see him I will take him up on it. He was actually attacking the entire staff and supporters of a club with what he wrote.

The other 49 idiots are the people like us who have kept this thread going for so long :lol:

Careful there WJ I am sure a couple of the other 47 are clever enough!

I think you have missed my point. I don't mind him calling our on field performances "disgusting and pathetic" it was the fact that he aimed that at the club itself. He said the MFC were disgusting and pathetic. As I said earlier if I see him I will take him up on it. He was actually attacking the entire staff and supporters of a club with what he wrote.

I know a number of supporters of Hawthorn, Essendon, Carlton and Collingwood quite well Redleg and while "disgusting" might be out of place, the majority think we are "pathetic" most of them temper this in my presence with Pity.

But the general opinion is we belong to last century, are not relevent to the AFL in 2012 and believe one day ( maybe 5 - 10 years time )

we will be amalgamated with GWS or GCS when we go belly up.

Which they see as inevitable.

Now as Dees supporters we might object violently but I believe that the Majority of other teams supporters have a similar view.

IMO only greatly improved performance on field over the next 3 years will change their view.

Media showing a bit of love for Neeld and getting into North and Carlton.

love ??? or sniffing fresher blood elsewhere ??

No I think it is a bit of love. They have been unbelievably hard on him and with the win they see him in a slightly different light. However you are correct, they smell fresh blood elsewhere.

I agree BB, it grieves me to say it but Carlton are bigger news than the Dees.

If they lose badly tonight the MFC will struggle to get a line on any subject tomorrow in the HUN.

Feel sorry for Ratten but there is sure to be a headline in the next few days like

"Commitee tells Ratten he has their full confidence?"

• Like 2

I agree BB, it grieves me to say it but Carlton are bigger news than the Dees.

If they lose badly tonight the MFC will struggle to get a line on any subject tomorrow in the HUN.

Feel sorry for Ratten but there is sure to be a headline in the next few days like

Would love nothing better than to see them implode on and off the field. My most detested club.

I reckon Shakespeare was once involved with football many many centuries ago !! lol

Looks like we have fixed up the Bombers confidence in kicking for goal. Following on from 6.16 against us they are 1.11 at half time tonight against the Swans..

Edited by Redleg