Tom Scully

Rogue

Those who are "100% Sure" that he is going to be anywhere other than Melbourne next year and disrepecting his word are shallow and conceited.

Show the boy some respect. He's 19y/o and being guided by his management. He is entitled to get the most out of any contractual negotiations for his future.

IMO it's in the hands of the MFC to be "creative" enough to show Tom what's available to him going forward at the MFC and what they can offer him after his footy career is over.

A vocally positive and supportive crowd and supporter base will help him feel more comfortable that his home is at Melbourne.

These are Tom Scully's own words.

"I'd love to end my career and say that I was a one-club player and I anticipate that'll be the case," he said. "The Melbourne footy club has given me a great opportunity and I'm very thankful that I'm in the position that I am.

"I wake up in the morning and I come to work and I love what I do. I'm just really looking forward to playing footy this year as well."

Quizzed as to how he could resist a possible $5 million over five years, Scully indicated that money was not a driving motivation.

"Well, it goes back to your values," he said. "The Melbourne footy club gave me an opportunity and I do love the club and I do love playing here. You can see where we're going -- we're heading in the right direction both on and off the field. I want to be part of the future here."

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post all this fear mongering is a joke. Anyone that has a job that doesn't involve flipping burgers or stacking shelves should have some faith in the club keeping Tom. Too the ones that don't understand why he's holding out on his contract to try and get a good contract can you please stop putting anymore then 1 pickle in my cheese burger.

Edited by Clanger King

Can everybody please take a deep breath & maybe a Bex!!

1 I know Tom well & know what drives him, and it certainly isn't money, mind you he still has his lunch money from year 3!!

2 He will start talking after the end of the season (As advised by his management more than 12 months ago). Has not deviated & will not, which is understandable due to the fact he is only able to earn a certain figure in his first 2 years.

3 It appears the only people of importance in this process are the media & posters on this site. He will sign when he is good and ready!

4 Most of the leaks seem to be coming from GWS, who need the publicity

5 I know he would not like to be the highest paid player at the club until he IS the most valuable.

Move on guys, nothing to see here

1 I know Tom well & know what drives him, and it certainly isn't money, mind you he still has his lunch money from year 3!!

2 He will start talking after the end of the season (As advised by his management more than 12 months ago). Has not deviated & will not, which is understandable due to the fact he is only able to earn a certain figure in his first 2 years.

3 It appears the only people of importance in this process are the media & posters on this site. He will sign when he is good and ready!

5 I know he would not like to be the highest paid player at the club until he IS the most valuable.

You mean I've read 2000+ posts for nothing?

Desperately as they have very little going on in the Sydney press.....

P.S. Good, sensible, and calming post there keepthedreamalive :) !!!

Thanks mate. Makes a lot of sense and hopefully some of the chicken littles that post on this topic can indeed chill, be reassured by your voice of reason and, more importantly, enjoy the ride as our young and talented team make their way up the ladder over the next few years.

13.5 hours of your life that you will never get back!!

Some people spend this amount of time on the South Eastern every week.

Hope the traffic is better in the morning!!!

I've an 8 minute walk to work each day. That's where my Demonland time comes from!

what about the rumours of him not happy at the club and a chance of going to another victorian club??

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

13.5 hours of your life that you will never get back!!

Some people spend this amount of time on the South Eastern every week.

Hope the traffic is better in the morning!!!

13.3 for me but I'm slightly above average.

Thanks for the post/s.

what about the rumours of him not happy at the club and a chance of going to another victorian club??

Wasn't he a Carlton father & son? He lives in East Malvern, takes him 10-15 minutes to get to training, almost every mate he has is a Melbourne player????

Don't mean to be disrespectful, but is there anything else?

Guest Thomo

13.3 for me but I'm slightly above average.

Thanks for the post/s.

Wouldn't that make you slightly below average???

The Better the Demons finish this year the Better our chances of Keeping Tom at Melbourne....

So let's all make some serious noise on saturday and support him & the Team..

So much negative energy....Not that i blame anyone apart from the Fat Controller.

I actually hope NO players go to GWS at years end...That would really put a spanner in Vlads Backside wouldn't it.

This project is an enormous waste of peoples Money...that will continue after i am dead IMO

Tom will be our Future Captain as RDB was.

Edited by why you little

The Better the Demons finish this year the Better our chances of Keeping Tom at Melbourne....

So let's all make some serious noise on saturday and support him & the Team..

So much negative energy....Not that i blame anyone apart from the Fat Controller.

I actually hope NO players go to GWS at years end...That would really put a spanner in Vlads Backside wouldn't it.

This project is an enormous waste of peoples Money...that will continue after i am dead IMO

Tom will be our Future Captain as RDB was.

that won't happen. they will introduce military conscription for gws, not to mention lots of publicity shots of happy footballers firing torps across blacktown.

my tip is he has been advised by his management to hold out to the end of the year to get the best possible deal.

with all this GWS talk his management would be rubbing their hands together because they know it will be driving up his price.

that won't happen. they will introduce military conscription for gws, not to mention lots of publicity shots of happy footballers firing torps across blacktown.

Maybe it would be better to have happy footballers firing torpedoes INTO blacktown. :lol: just a thought....

After reading the 50 pages of posts and originally indicating I would rather Tom not play if he won't sign a contract now, I have decided, based on forum opinions and subsequently more informed thought, that;

For the club to come first;

Tom must continue to play if form permits to reward both himself and the club for the year.

The club must continue to work on the best deal for the club (not necessarily Tom), so other players are also rewarded for their work.

If we lose Tom after our best negotiation efforts, so-be-it.

Every loss has some potential for gain. Who knows what opportunities may present for club and players.

I remain a loyal MFC fan into my 6th decade,and football life goes on.

Also, I am not a weak assed suck who excepts loss/defeat lightly.

Those who are "100% Sure" that he is going to be anywhere other than Melbourne next year and disrepecting his word are shallow and conceited.

Show the boy some respect. He's 19y/o and being guided by his management. He is entitled to get the most out of any contractual negotiations for his future.

IMO it's in the hands of the MFC to be "creative" enough to show Tom what's available to him going forward at the MFC and what they can offer him after his footy career is over.

A vocally positive and supportive crowd and supporter base will help him feel more comfortable that his home is at Melbourne.

These are Tom Scully's own words.

"I'd love to end my career and say that I was a one-club player and I anticipate that'll be the case," he said. "The Melbourne footy club has given me a great opportunity and I'm very thankful that I'm in the position that I am.

"I wake up in the morning and I come to work and I love what I do. I'm just really looking forward to playing footy this year as well."

Quizzed as to how he could resist a possible $5 million over five years, Scully indicated that money was not a driving motivation.

"Well, it goes back to your values," he said. "The Melbourne footy club gave me an opportunity and I do love the club and I do love playing here. You can see where we're going -- we're heading in the right direction both on and off the field. I want to be part of the future here."

Thanks DeeMfc - I'm five days a week "Scully's staying" - two days a week "Scully's gone" (I put it down to the constant dribble the media come up with and some of the posts on this site). In any case - your post has refreshed my frame of mind... Seven days a week "Scully's staying". Now lets get on with supporting this future legend of the game (and Trengove too).

Thanks DeeMfc - I'm five days a week "Scully's staying" - two days a week "Scully's gone" (I put it down to the constant dribble the media come up with and some of the posts on this site).  In any case - your post has refreshed my frame of mind...  Seven days a week "Scully's staying".  Now lets get on with supporting this future legend of the game (and Trengove too).

With all this media speculation, I think that even Tom is worried about whether he's staying or going :lol:

After reading the 50 pages of posts and originally indicating I would rather Tom not play if he won't sign a contract now, I have decided, based on forum opinions and subsequently more informed thought, that;

For the club to come first;

Tom must continue to play if form permits to reward both himself and the club for the year.

The club must continue to work on the best deal for the club (not necessarily Tom), so other players are also rewarded for their work.

If we lose Tom after our best negotiation efforts, so-be-it.

Every loss has some potential for gain. Who knows what opportunities may present for club and players.

I remain a loyal MFC fan into my 6th decade,and football life goes on.

Also, I am not a weak assed suck who excepts loss/defeat lightly.

One of only a few things on any of these threads worth acknowledging. Good post. MFC needs to look out for MFC and everyone committed to playing for it. You entice the commitment of others on terms that will accomodate everyone we want it to; not just one maybe stay maybe go player. Player stays signing a contract for reasonable money, fantastic. He disappears into the ether; MFC will surely live on.