So what is our best side now?

Guest DeesPower

Guest DeesPower

Given the welcome change to play our kids, and the dividends we are reaping from this, what is now our best side? As of now, our injury list is:

Rohan Bail (knee) - 4 weeks

Clint Bartram (hip) - test

Robbie Campbell (knee soreness) - test

Aaron Davey (knee) 6-8 weeks

Jack Fitzpatrick (ankle) - 6 weeks

Colin Garland (ankle) - 5 weeks

Jack Grimes (foot) - season

Mark Jamar (knee) - 3 weeks

Michael Newton (foot) - 4-6 weeks

Jake Spencer (knee) - season

Luke Tapscott (hamstring) - 2 weeks

So what is our best side in say 8 weeks assuming no more injuries, and with the knowledge about the ability of our kids we have garnered over the last three weeks.

A few comments.

* i believe Bennell is now a superior small back to Bartrum given his superior pace and better ball skills;

* we have potentially a match winning combination in jamar/martin/maloney. We now know that Gawn can hold his own in rucking duels at AFL level. Do we play all three talls and have the Russian mainly play at centre bounces and a tall forward and leave the other rucking duties to Martin and Gawn. Do we rest Stef at CHB, he is clearly capable of playing there.

* Scully, Trengove,Gysberts, Mckenzie, Maloney make up an elite mid field. where do we now play Davey?

* Joel MacDonald showed this weekend the advantage of having a mature bodied medium/tall back so he should stay.

* Morton would be replaced by Col Garland, although on this weekend's performance he would be unlucky. His problem is his lack of consistency in the past

* I can't seem to find a place for Rohen Bail, also unlucky

My theoretical team in say 8 weeks time is:

B: Jamie Bennell, Jared Rivers, Joel Macdonald

HB: Colin Garland,James Frawley James Strauss

C: Jordan Gysberts, Brent Moloney, Jack Trengove

HF: Luke Tapscott, Jack Watts, Jeremy Howe

F: Liam Jurrah, Brad Green, Mark Jamar

Foll: Stef Martin, Nathan Jones, Jordie McKenzie

I/C: Max Gawn, Tom Scully, Colin Sylvia Sub Aron Davey

Emg: Daniel Nicholson,Michael Evans, Cale Morton.

Comments??

Edited by DeesPower

Bartram Frawley Rivers

Grimes Garland Tapscott

Scully Gysberts Trengove

Jamar Moloney Mckenzie

Davey Watts Sylvia

Martin Jurrah Green

Bail MacDonald Jones Petterd/Strauss/Morton/Bennell

B: Garland Frawley Tapscott

HB: MacDonald Rivers Gysberts

C: Scully Moloney Trengove

HF: Sylvia Watts Howe

F: Jurrah Jamar Green

Foll: Martin Jones McKenzie

I/C: Morton Nicholson Bennell Petterd(sub)

Emer: Gawn Davey Strauss Evans

* Grimes not considered but would be auto-inclusion when fit.

B: Macdonald, Rivers, Tapscott

HB: Bartram, Frawley, Garland

C: Scully, Gysberts, Trengove

HF: Davey, Howe, Green

F: Jurrah, Watts, Sylvia

Foll: Jamar, McKenzie, Moloney

Int: Bail, Jones, Martin, Morton

Emg: Bennell, Jetta, Strauss

Grimes not considered due to injury.

Edited by Gouga

B: Garland Frawley Tapscott

HB: MacDonald Rivers Gysberts

C: Scully Moloney Trengove

HF: Sylvia Watts Howe

F: Jurrah Jamar Green

Foll: Martin Jones McKenzie

I/C: Morton Nicholson Bennell Petterd(sub)

Emer: Gawn Davey Strauss Evans

* Grimes not considered but would be auto-inclusion when fit.

I don't see any point in naming a sub as you wouldn't have a permanent sub

Jamar would have to be the no1 ruck (he's AA ffs)

Morton hasn't done anywhere near enough yet to be in the top 22

Davey hasn't slipped that far to be left out (at worst he's a forward interchange player)

Based on form, and no injuries...

Back: Garland, Frawley, Bartram.

HalfBack: Tapscott, Rivers, MacDonald

Centre: Trengove, Gysberts, Scully

Half-fwd: Jurrah, Watts, Sylvia

Fowward: Green, Howe, Jetta

Followrs: Jamar, Moloney, McKenzie

Interchange: Martin, Bennell, Jones, Bail.

If Maric started playing well again. Jetta out, Maric in.

FB: Bartram Frawley Garland

HB: Grimes Rivers Tapscott

C: Jones Moloney Scully

HF: Davey Watts Howe

FF: Jurrah Green Sylvia

Foll: Jamar Trengove Bail

INT: Martin, McKenzie Gysberts Bennell

EMER: Petterd, Morton, Macdonald

The bolds are locks, the others are pretty interchangable.

I've gone for Bartram and Tapscott in the backline, but Macdonald might offer more defensively. Strauss, Morton and Nicholson aren't too far off. Bennell I've put on the bench due to his ability to play multiple positions, but I haven't locked in Bartram down back. He could take that spot.

Im pretty keen on having a tagger, or at least a defensive midfield with the capacity to tag and physical attributes for it so for that reason I like Bail in the side.

Were short a gun small forward, and I could have named Bennell or Jetta there, but I think it's better to play the extra midfielder and have them rest forward - particularly Sylvia and Davey who should start forward and do bursts in the middle.

I don't see any point in naming a sub as you wouldn't have a permanent sub

Jamar would have to be the no1 ruck (he's AA ffs)

Morton hasn't done anywhere near enough yet to be in the top 22

Davey hasn't slipped that far to be left out (at worst he's a forward interchange player)

JMO Daisy but I ...

- like the idea of Petterd as a forward 'super-sub'.

- love the move of the Russian starting in the goalmouth

- haven't given up on Morton

- have gone seriously cold on Davey

Let's see your team ...