Ultimate Footy

JACKATTACK

Always here for you- please explain why? Got a decent trade? Or do you want to pick my team ?

I can't beat a sprightly young colt like you.

• You may need to empty your inbox, says you can't take messages
  • Check trade proposals to you, haven't heard back from you re: Lovett-Murray. Been a while.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually like Jetta but I think Banfield will play close to goals... I need some goal kickers. Also, I just like trading.

Okay, so now that a trade has been proposed and accepted, it will enter a 2 day review period. In that time the other 14 coaches can vote against the trade if they think it is unfair. You vote against it by viewing the trade under the "My Team" tab and then click the "vote against trade" button. If enough coaches vote against it (6 I think) then the trade is rejected. Obviously the Jetta - Banfield trade doesn't fall into this category, both are rated fairly evenly and though you might think one team will benefit more than the other it's pretty well balanced.

The reason for this system is to make sure the trades are fair for both parties, and to avoid dodgy back-room deals and the like. For example I might, if i had a few less scrouples, be inclined to have a chat prvately with HT, perhaps say that I might be willing to trade my J. Howe away for his G. Ablett if he was willing to throw some cash my way. This would clearly benefit HT and hurt me, and the trade could be rejected.

Now this also gives opposition coaches the opportunity to reject trades that are genuinely fair just becuase they might be playing one of those teams next week. In this way there is a bit of an honour system.

• Check trade proposals to you, haven't heard back from you re: Lovett-Murray. Been a while.

Sorry for the delay. I have had a few issues on. I have replied with a rejection. Not interested in mid fielders.Not really interested in trading, but always will keep my options opened.I don't want to become Deeluded.

I changed my settings as I have been away and expect to leave again tomorrow. I only have it open whilst in th country.However, privelged people like you and my other friends have my personal email address.

Edited by jayceebee31

Sorry for the delay. I have had a few issues on. I have replied with a rejection. Not interested in mid fielders.Not really interested in trading, but always will keep my options opened.I don't want to become Deeluded.

I'll be sure to keep that in mind. :rolleyes:

That's the problem, I don't really know! I just want to be involved.

If you are happy with the make up of your team- leave it alone. If you feel there is a distinct weakness, then try to improve it. Overall, I think you have a good solid team however you may have a couple of midfielders you may consider trading. You seem to have several plus interchangeables which I think are very valuable.An example -Douglas/Knights whom I see will gain alot of stats.It's ruddy hard - and I'm just trying to get a team to play HT in the opener. He has a strong list to pick from. And like all of us- who knows who is going to perform. This is the great test we done at selection. I wish you and all well. But none are allowed to wallop me especially HT.

Hi,Just starting to read the rules on how to play the game. I have one issue- After certain rounds they can change our list of players positions. Such as I have chosen McCaffer of Collingwood as a forward,he is picked to play HBF, in NAB final. If, indeed, he played on a hbf in the opening games,could he be changed from a forward to a backman.This does not seem far for any of us. Thoughts/ views please!.

Hi,Just starting to read the rules on how to play the game. I have one issue- After certain rounds they can change our list of players positions. Such as I have chosen McCaffer of Collingwood as a forward,he is picked to play HBF, in NAB final. If, indeed, he played on a hbf in the opening games,could he be changed from a forward to a backman.This does not seem far for any of us. Thoughts/ views please!.

Positions won't change after they're drafted, or at least they shouldn't. If they do let me know and I'll change it back. I have the power to change positions but I won't.

Positions won't change after they're drafted, or at least they shouldn't. If they do let me know and I'll change it back. I have the power to change positions but I won't.

Thanks for the feedback. You have done a stirling job so far.

HT once again awesome food for thought, but no. I can't fit Dusty in my midfield. I like the idea that Dangerfield gives decent scoreboard pressure as well as being an up and coming gun of the comp.

Would anyone else have done the trade Martin (centre)for Dangerfield (centre and forward)???

HT once again awesome food for thought, but no. I can't fit Dusty in my midfield. I like the idea that Dangerfield gives decent scoreboard pressure as well as being an up and coming gun of the comp.

Would anyone else have done the trade Martin (centre)for Dangerfield (centre and forward)???

I'd say reasonable offer by HT. Depends on whether you feel you need a midfielder or a midfielder/ forward.

Wow, it's amazing how little enthusiasm I have for this nowadays. Couple of weeks ago I was pumped for it.

Anyway, so the draft for Demonland Mk 2 is on this Sunday. It'll be a live draft, to get it out of the way, with about 5 minutes per pick. Hopefully we're all available then, but we don't have much choice now, given the season starts in 9 days.

Wow, it's amazing how little enthusiasm I have for this nowadays. Couple of weeks ago I was pumped for it.

Anyway, so the draft for Demonland Mk 2 is on this Sunday. It'll be a live draft, to get it out of the way, with about 5 minutes per pick. Hopefully we're all available then, but we don't have much choice now, given the season starts in 9 days.

Can we do the draft with an odd number of teams?

Titan, it looks like the draft is set for next Sunday, i.e. Sun 27 March 9:00 AM according to the Settings page.

Do you want to double check and make sure it is set for Sunday 20th?

Edited by Mega_Watts

Not sure if you have discussed this before JA, but do you place greater emphasis on "projected ranking" than "actual ranking" - or vice versa, or..

Do you try and gauge a medium between them in assessing their "essential ranking"* - which is a subjective term I just made up ?

* = essentially a ranking based on a coaches discretion having taken into account both sets of rankings.

Definately Recommend shortening that to 1 minute... 2 minutes MAX.

I just ran a live draft for a league with my mates, we had a 1 minute time limit and even that seemed to drag on a bit. We got through 16 teams, with a total of 23 players each in about 2.5 hours. (3 guys were not available and therefore autopicked after 10 seconds when their pick arrived). We found that it was annoying when people took more than 30 seconds for a pick becuase generally you know who you are going to take even before it is your pick.

Not sure if you have discussed this before JA, but do you place greater emphasis on "projected ranking" than "actual ranking" - or vice versa, or..

Do you try and gauge a medium between them in assessing their "essential ranking"* - which is a subjective term I just made up ?

* = essentially a ranking based on a coaches discretion having taken into account both sets of rankings.

Personally I take more notice of the projected ranking at the moment. Once we get under way I will look more towards the Average Actual ranking.

Just so everyone knows what the different rankings mean:

Projected ranking

The site ranks players themselves according to how they think the player will perform in the season ahead in the context of that player's previous performances. Overall it is a very intelligent system and hard to fault. It favours the balanced players over oplayers that dominate in 1 or 2 categories but are weak across the other 7 or 8. It also changes according to how the players have played in the pre-season. Obviously the system isn't perfect and there are bargain players available at all levels (read team Jackattack), and some players that are seemingly ranked too high as well. I don't know exactly how it works but it seems to give young players a slightly better ranking based on the fact that they should improve, and old players a later ranking because they are more likely to get injured. It also considers player's injuries a bit I think. It should be the primary factor when considering where to rank the player in terms of drafting/signing/trading early in the season.

Actual rankings: (average & total)

The actual rankings are purely the numbers, it is some mathematical ranking of players according to the pure stats that they recorded. At first it reports on 2010 average & total stats but once we begin the season it will start reporting on the stats of the 2011 season. The "total" actual ranking stats are a bit useless because unless you have played 20 or more games it is difficult to score well across all categories. What this one is really about is the "Average" actual rankings. For now I use this as a guide to how the player performed in the 2010 season just as a quick snapshot. Once we get into the season a bit it will be more important than the projected rankings. The problem with the average ranking at the moment is that if you have played only 1-3 games and had a blinder it can give you a really great actual ranking. Michael Walters is one such example, his actual average ranking is 45. But he didn't even get drafted. The only reason it is so high is becuase he got 10 frees in the 3 games he played, I guess if he continues to get over 3 frees a game he would indeed be a worthy player.

HT your trade is under consideration, meeting with the football department tonight to weigh up pros and cons. Appreciate your justifications, tempted to accept trade based on them alone.

Can we do the draft with an odd number of teams?

I guess we're going to have to.

Titan, it looks like the draft is set for next Sunday, i.e. Sun 27 March 9:00 AM according to the Settings page.

Do you want to double check and make sure it is set for Sunday 20th?

Uh oh. Clicked the wrong one I guess. And there aren't any other dates available before the season kicks off, except for next Thursday, but the chances of people being available on a Thursday for 2.5-3 hours straight is low (I for one am unlikely to have that time).

I guess I can change it to a 'slow' online draft, but reduce the pick time to try to simulate a live online draft.

I'll set it for Sunday at 10.00, as we were going to do it, but it's not going to technically be 'live'. I've got the minimum pick time, which is 5 minutes. Unfortunate, but that's how it has to be. My management of this whole thing has been shocking, so this is just the cherry on the cake.

Hopefully the 15 of us will be pretty much ready to go on Sunday so we can at least shorten the time taken. But make sure you've put in a pre-set list of rankings.