• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

NFL

Dappa Dan

9 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Not even close. 50 I could accept as right. 30ish is too high. For now. If he plays another season like last or hopefully even better then sure.

I thought it was good credit. He is a gun.

2 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Gone a bit early I think.

I dunno... I really don't think there's that much between him and Wentz. As I've said before, he's even better than Wentz at certain things... And Wentz will be top 2 in this you'd think. 

• 1 month later...

On 8/10/2018 at 3:52 PM, layzie said:

How did everyone's first preseason game go? Not so great for the Niners. Had a win but also had about 5 injuries :(

Eagles got smahed, but noone really cares. Found a backup for the backup in Sudfeld. I feel like he'll be pressed into service. Actually looks like he has the goods to be a good backup, if not a superstar starter. First team D did their thing then went off. Not much to see here really...

Probably the biggest thing we saw was the enormous 81 yard punt by an ex-demon, Cam Johnston, who looks like he'll be the punter for the season.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2018 at 2:56 PM, Dappa Dan said:

Eagles got smahed, but noone really cares. Found a backup for the backup in Sudfeld. I feel like he'll be pressed into service. Actually looks like he has the goods to be a good backup, if not a superstar starter. First team D did their thing then went off. Not much to see here really...

Probably the biggest thing we saw was the enormous 81 yard punt by an ex-demon, Cam Johnston, who looks like he'll be the punter for the season.

Gee no talk about that whatsoever! Remember when being an Aussie punter was a big deal! ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, layzie said:

Quick poll: Will Des Bryant be on a new team before the start of the season?

I'll say yes with the Browns being a possible landing spot (at least in terms of the $$$'s!)

Whilst I'm here I'm assuming we keep the tipping comp going again if we've got enough starters ... for those uninitiated the comp involves nominating  3 road teams to win in any given week with 3 picks.  I point on offer every time you get it right and we have a number of bonus point weeks.  More details later.

12 minutes ago, layzie said:

Quick poll: Will Des Bryant be on a new team before the start of the season?

Of course he will. Will he do anything? Now THAT'S the question.

Just now, Macca said:

I'll say yes with the Browns being a possible landing spot (at least in terms of the $$$'s!)

Whilst I'm here I'm assuming we keep the tipping comp going again if we've got enough starters ... for those uninitiated the comp involves nominating  3 road teams to win in any given week with 3 picks.  I point on offer every time you get it right and we have a number of bonus point weeks.  More details later.

Welcome back!

2 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

Welcome back!

I say yes just before the last pre season game. Was thinking Steelers early but the Browns do loom as the obvious destination for cash money.

Im also certain he’ll continue to shoot his mouth off about the ‘boys for weeks to come. 

1 minute ago, Dappa Dan said:

Welcome back!

It's going to be another great season Dappa ... I'm hoping that our Demons can at least play a final or 2 as a nice lead-in/crossover so here's hoping. 

Packers don't get to play the Champs which is a bit of a shame as I'd like to see how we measure up against the Eagles but maybe in the playoffs?  We do meet a number of teams that the contributors to this thread follow though ... vs 49ers,  Bears & Vikings twice of course,  @ Rams,  vs Atlanta but not the Jags.

Bring it on!

3 minutes ago, layzie said:

I say yes just before the last pre season game. Was thinking Steelers early but the Browns do loom as the obvious destination for cash money.

Im also certain he’ll continue to shoot his mouth off about the ‘boys for weeks to come. 

Oh man. Imagine a Browns/Boys match. Not gonna happen cos they're opposite conferences...

Probably for the best for Dez. If he's ever gonna return to his best, I daresay it's not gonna be in the NFC.

3 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

Oh man. Imagine a Browns/Boys match. Not gonna happen cos they're opposite conferences...

Probably for the best for Dez. If he's ever gonna return to his best, I daresay it's not gonna be in the NFC.

Yeah I’d say so. The Cowboys really did get the best of him, the guy can’t seem to get any separation anymore. 

Just now, Macca said:

It's going to be another great season Dappa ... I'm hoping that our Demons can at least play a final or 2 as a nice lead-in/crossover so here's hoping. 

Packers don't get to play the Champs which is a bit of a shame as I'd like to see how we measure up against the Eagles but maybe in the playoffs?  We do meet a number of teams that the contributors to this thread follow though ... vs 49ers,  Bears & Vikings twice of course,  @ Rams,  vs Atlanta but not the Jags.

Bring it on!

You couldn't write a better script mate!

@Gorg with his Rams. You with your Pack. Me with my Champs. We may never enjoy this kind of relevance ever again.

Your matchups are exactly right though. I can't wait to watch my Eagles, obviously, but a very close second are the Rams... I'm a Gurley lover... And Aaron and his Pack will never disappoint. Next is the Texans for me. Big Ben, AB and their shrinking wasteland, the GOAT and Belly... It's gonna be a theatrical year. The PERFECT antidote to the worst of all disappointing demons years.

I'm pumped.

1 minute ago, Dappa Dan said:

You couldn't write a better script mate!

@Gorg with his Rams. You with your Pack. Me with my Champs. We may never enjoy this kind of relevance ever again.

Your matchups are exactly right though. I can't wait to watch my Eagles, obviously, but a very close second are the Rams... I'm a Gurley lover... And Aaron and his Pack will never disappoint. Next is the Texans for me. Big Ben, AB and their shrinking wasteland, the GOAT and Belly... It's gonna be a theatrical year. The PERFECT antidote to the worst of all disappointing demons years.

I'm pumped.

Well we're all demons here so I'll go out on a limb and say we will play finals after defeating GWS in round 23.  I believe the best way to overcome adversity is to keep challenging yourself when the results don't go your way - eventually,  by persevering,  you will win.  You never give up. 

With regards to the Packers,  I always thank my lucky stars that I'm lucky enough to follow a professionally run team with a gun QB.  Just don't get injured Aaron!

1 hour ago, Macca said:

Well we're all demons here so I'll go out on a limb and say we will play finals after defeating GWS in round 23.  I believe the best way to overcome adversity is to keep challenging yourself when the results don't go your way - eventually,  by persevering,  you will win.  You never give up. 

With regards to the Packers,  I always thank my lucky stars that I'm lucky enough to follow a professionally run team with a gun QB.  Just don't get injured Aaron!

Jeeezus.... When you hear Jesse got hurt, after Eagles last season, you have a whisper of a hope. If Foles can do it? Weed can do it surely... (and win a Norm Smith)?

Then reality hits and I find myself praying we can beat the Eagles like we did last year. Tmac, with no Jesse, and then somehow, impossibly, they give us SOME joy.

I still have hope. After all, noone had less reason for hope than Eagles fans after Wentz (Hogan) got hurt. And if they can do it in the richest league in the world, they can do it in the AFL. (Or at least, make finals).

But never mind the red and the blue. Let's enjoy some of that strange... We are on for one of the more exciting NFL seasons in demonland history. When was the last time we had storied franchises in the NFC making history? Rodgers making his glorious return, Wentz, Dak, Goff, Garroppolo, Ryan, Newton, Stafford, Cousins, Eli (I know you love him Macca), Wilson, Winston, Smith, Trubiski, Bradford/Rosen... oh and there's that matter of Brees....

That's it. I mean. That's 16 SERIOUS QBs. The closest thing I can find to a QB storyline that isn't interesting is the Cards Bradford/Rosen situation. Which sounds suspiciously close to the Eagles situation 24 months ago,..

This is gonna be a good year boys. 

Edited by Dappa Dan

The NFC is where it’s at, AFC has a few teams but compared to NFC it’s a boring division.

Cant wait for the games to start.

no5 fussed on ore season games, McVay has already stated that we may not even play our starters, Gurley participated in 6 snaps last year in the pre season. Kelly played well in our game and might be the 3rd down RB we need to give Gurley a break, but if he works well I hope they line both up from time to time.

On 8/15/2018 at 7:32 AM, Gorgoroth said:

The NFC is where it’s at, AFC has a few teams but compared to NFC it’s a boring division.

Cant wait for the games to start.

no5 fussed on ore season games, McVay has already stated that we may not even play our starters, Gurley participated in 6 snaps last year in the pre season. Kelly played well in our game and might be the 3rd down RB we need to give Gurley a break, but if he works well I hope they line both up from time to time.

All about the NFC no doubt about that! Always has been really ?

• Haha 1