NFL

Dappa Dan

I've always said, if late to tips and just wanting to rip off someone's then pick the prettiest. Well that happens to be Biff's!

Baltimore 17 New England 28

Carolina 10 Seattle 31

Dallas 17 Green Bay 31

Indianapolis 21 Denver 28

Funny thing is I'd tip Dallas at Seattle and Baltimore at Denver but the seedings don't fall that way so I think all 4 will prevail. But I'm praying for all and any upsets. 4 really really good home ground advantages help. Carolina travel cross the country, Indi and Dallas go from nice indoors to strong outdoors. Baltimore are the ones going somewhere they suit, but have such a huge challenge.

Back from another holiday so I have missed out on a bit but from what I can gather all is in order. Looking forward to the Ravens at Pats. Flacco is a different man in the playoffs and it's always a nervous start for teams who had the week off. Seattle should whoop Carolina. Did anyone else hear about Aaron Rodgers? Some how a question came up about one of his celebrations and he said it's from playing FIFA on the Xbox. When asked which team he plays as he said the Socceroos. Bloody hell he destroys Minnesota every year and I try to hate the man but I just can't do it.

Good effort by the Ravens but the Edelman play turned the game

As for this game, Carolina are hanging in there ... the scoreline at half time could have been worse for the Panthers. They probably need to score first in the 2nd half to have a chance - however, the Seahawks do get the first possession once play resumes.

Bummed with both results. Never thought Carolina could actually win but I can't stand Seattle so they had my full support. As for the Ravens, they probably should have won, and it's highly disappointing to have New England in the AFC Championship game again. Credit to them of course, but it's sad that, despite the evenness of the competition and the 'any given Sunday' stuff, it could well be 3/4 teams the same on Championship weekend.

Rogers is key. With him in, you win easily, Dallas O line is not great.
Without Rogers I think it's 55/45 Dallas way but Romo ain't 100% either

Really? I disagree with you, Dallas' O line is one of the best, if not the actual best, in the league.

If Rodgers can't play, or isn't 100%, Dallas can win this.

Dallas may not get a better chance to beat the Packers in Lambeau tomorrow ... a possibly banged up Rodgers with a questionable rush defense awaits. A torn calf muscle seems a lot to overcome but they might be able to get him right.

It literally is going to be a wait and see situation ... if it was just a strain then he might be ok but when there's a tear involved it makes one think he could he could tear it even more so - especially in freezing cold weather and the nature of how he plays the position.

I'd like to be more confident but I'm not sure he'll be able to get away with just throwing from the pocket without a lot of movement. The best protected QB in the sport seems to be Peyton and that's probably because he rarely ventures out of the pocket. The Denver O-line has to be absolutely first rate because of how Peyton plays the position.

Rodgers likes to manoeuvre himself around as a general rule. He might have to adjust his game but then our O-line would then have to play out of their skin. We'll also need Lacy to have a big one and Starks would need to chip in as well.

Denver should win the later game at home - might be close though.

Nothing lost playing him Macca, the back up would be training all week with first squad so will get valuable reps so if he is called upon its not as bad as a injury without warning.

No doubt he'll play (or at least start) ... how well and for how long, that's the question.

You just never know in this sport ... anything could happen including Rodgers not being incapacitated at all. I'm prepared for any outcome but obviously hoping for the best.

Seattle in the end were just far too good and whoever is up against them next week is in for a torrid time. The crowd was seriously loud and I thought the Panthers did well to hang in for as long as they did.

The Ravens had their chances and could have won ... credit to the Pats though - too good in the end. The match was not without it's controversy though ... Tom Brady: Study the rulebook

I just can't see Dallas getting close to Green Bay. Rodgers doesn't turn the ball over and if Lacy doesn't fumble they should win. Get some early points on the board and force Dallas into having to throw more then rely on their dominating run game and Dallas will be out of their element. I was pretty impressed by Baltimore. If they can get some sort of regular season form and get home field advantage in at least the wild card week they can be dangerous. Flacco is a completely different man come playoffs. He reminded me why he got such a massive contract a few years back.

• Like 1

Baltimore looked like they had it in the bag first half, such a good game. One of the things that's interests me so much about NFL is how teams come out of the half and make those changes and can turn a game. Pats on the larger blitz packages made a difference. Loved watching Revis and Smith 1-1.

Missed 2nd game.

Broncs... Manning needs to be as 100% as he is these days for us to win. Need to be at least 2 tds up with less than 5 to go in 4th, Luck may find a way with only 1.

• Like 1

Was it a catch or wasn't it?

It seemed unfair not to pay it but normally it isn't paid under those sort of circumstances ... however, it could be argued he was making a football move after completing the catch. Again, they've probably ruled that the ground dislodged the ball and caused the bobble.

Watching it live I thought I saw the ball move and once it moves, they'll often rule it to not be a catch. Murray also fumbled the ball in the 3rd quarter which helped turn the game.

Rodgers finished strong after looking shaky in the first half ... happy to get the win but the Cowboys put up a terrific fight.