Judd's Prize

Hulett Packard III

It's not sour grapes from me.

I couldn't give a stuff anymore about which club he did or didn't chose to come to.

And I don't care about his suspension from last years finals either, that was last year.

He gets awarded votes from this years season for the 2010 Brownlow, so anything that happened in 2009 is irrelevant.

But what no can deny is the amazing events during 2010, when Chris Judd escaped suspension for the Pavlich incident in which should have made him ineligible for the medal.

It's not sour grapes, it's a fact.

For all of the conspiracy theorists out there, perhaps the AFL does keep tabs on the votes, knew Judd was 5 or 6 votes in front when the Pavlich incident occurred, thought "Buggar, can't have the winner ineligible", knew with carry over points from pressure points that even an early guilty plea wouldn't help, so didn't even put him up in front of tribunal, and came up with the lamest "insufficient force" excuse ever.

I don't necessarily think it's valid, but I'm throwing it out there.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought it may be interesting to see.....

Dees had 15 players who got votes, beaten only by Collingw^&*, Geelong and Sydney Suggests a great all round equally balanced team

Also most votes go to the winning team, so if you go by votes per games won (give a draw half a point) then Melbourne came second after West Coast

Stats courtesy of The Hun

Edited by Flying Cloud

Okay let's run through a few facts quickly.

Suspended in 2009? Yes

Serves suspension in 2009? Yes

New season starts for 2010:

You want ineligibility for 2010 brownlow how?

We do not run a 09/10 season, what happened last year stays in last year. Maybe contact the commission and submit a proposal for another rule change if you like, I guarantee it would be laughed at.

Fact ?

Served suspension in 2010

I can't believe posters are complaining that a Collingwood player, who was odds on favourite failed to win a brownlow.

I think this is awesome and hope that this sets the stage for an agonising loss on the weekend. Personally I hate Collingwood so much that I enjoy any loss inflicted on them. The more their pain the greater my pleasure. The more poeple think Swan was robbed (which he was not) the more I enjoy it. Well done Juddy!

Anyone but Collingwood.

I have to say Good Luck to Judd, but what it really shows is how poor carlton would be without him.

Who else voted in the carlton side?? Swan lost because Pendlebury also had a great year.

But if judd gets injured Carlton are shot.

As what was said above. I hope Chris & Jimmy get together for a good chat this evening.

To me the Brownlow has been a Tainted award since '86 when 2 of the League's best known hit men tied for the award....Fairest indeed.

i seem to remember carlton smashing richmond by 10 goals round one this year....without judd?

Judd is a class act both on and off the field. He enriches our game. He is a credit to himself, his club and the AFL. He is an outstanding character and footballer who I have had the privilege of getting to know on a personal level. His reasons for choosing Carlton over Melbourne was only a result of 2007 being the start of the great Melbourne rebuild rather than the end (like Carlton). If he had of come to the Dees we would not have the list we have now and still be as far away from a premiership as we have ever been. He did not go to Carlton for the money. In the end there was very little monetary difference between the Melbourne and Carlton offers and associated offer (Melbourne had a Visy lined up as well). Juddy once told me that he left the meeting with Stynes and Lyon rang up Bec and said "I am going to Melbourne". Some time after this reality set in. He wants to win a Premiership and mark my words if Juddy had come to Melbourne at the end of 2007 he and the MFC would not have any chance of winning a premiership in his career. Give credit to the guy for doing the right thing by us and himself.

If all that is true, and again, it might be, why the spin and the [censored]? Why not come out and say that?

Does he think he'll be made to look like a tool, when in hindsight our list is probably as good if not better than Carlton's? (which I agree, it probably wouldn't have been had he agreed to play for us).

It's the flat out lying that shits me. He never had the guts to come out and say "this is why I chose Carlton", he just went on to rubbish other clubs and point out things like training facilities (back when Princess Park was a crapheap mind you).

At the end of the day he is an incredible footballer, who got lucky last night because he is surrounded by utter mediocracy, he knows it, and we know it.

I don't wish him or the filthy scumbags he plays for any success whatsoever, and he can keep his gushing about our club to himself. Nobody cares what he thinks about us now.

If all that is true, and again, it might be, why the spin and the [censored]? Why not come out and say that?

Does he think he'll be made to look like a tool, when in hindsight our list is probably as good if not better than Carlton's? (which I agree, it probably wouldn't have been had he agreed to play for us).

It's the flat out lying that shits me. He never had the guts to come out and say "this is why I chose Carlton", he just went on to rubbish other clubs and point out things like training facilities (back when Princess Park was a crapheap mind you).

At the end of the day he is an incredible footballer, who got lucky last night because he is surrounded by utter mediocracy, he knows it, and we know it.

I don't wish him or the filthy scumbags he plays for any success whatsoever, and he can keep his gushing about our club to himself. Nobody cares what he thinks about us now.

Last night he mentioned his relationship with Greg Swann through by chance meetings at the Spring Carnival. He said that was one of the reasons which led to him becoming a Blue.

If no one cares about what he says, why do you so often go on about it in slagging him off at every opportunity ?

Anybody remember Keith Greig?

Didn't think so.

If you where following VFL footy in the 70's you remember Keith Grieg

Just like Chris Judd he was a star of the competition in his era.

Do some research & have some respect for superstars you clown.

For what its worth I reckon we will be talking about Tom Scully in 20 years in similiar glowing terms.

Jaded: It was not Juddys place to talk publically about the MelbourneFC list, nor is it his place to talk about the reasons why he did not choose our club. Comments like this open a can of worms, create unwanted attention and further fracture a club. Juddy said as little as possible publicly. The training facility thing was always [censored] but much more politically correct than saying "the list is old, slow and on a fast decline, it needs a complete rebuild, they can't win a premiership in my career and as such I am choosing Carlton."

Also remember that in 2007, Melbourne had a host of other problems. We had boardroom decent and were financially inept. Under such circumstances Juddys decision to say nothing was the best decision for us and him.

Billy please feel free to write another book regarding your Judd-crush . Excuse us who don't have your one sided view. Yes .. Pal. ... That's the whole point . His misdemeanor' timing let him slip through a crack. He ought to have incurred a similar inelligibity had it been a home and away match or do you agree with the situations hypocrisy ?

I agree a very gifted and able player but he's not so squeaky. He's gotten away with much. He winning the Charlie is just a joke

Write another book about my Judd-crush? You're certainly a strange character.

My one-sided view? he was found guilty of a charge in 2009, regardless of it is was a H&A game, or a final, it was 2009. He had to serve that suspension in 2010 - that's where it stops.

Does this all come back to the Pav incident? Well, you tell me how many players get off on incidents that should see them suspended. Dale Thomas and Nick Dal Santo might as well not play this week - they seemed to get off when they clearly had a case to answer for...or did they???

The format of the Brownlow has seen minimal changes in its history, yet it's taken "someone" up until 2010 to stand up and say that this rule is wrong?

At what stage are you going to wake up to yourself and realise what you are saying is ridiculous? The longer you go on, the more I actually feel sorry for you.

Last night he mentioned his relationship with Greg Swann through by chance meetings at the Spring Carnival. He said that was one of the reasons which led to him becoming a Blue.

If no one cares about what he says, why do you so often go on about it in slagging him off at every opportunity ?

Haha yeah, he went to Carlton because he got [censored] with Greg, because that obviously had a bigger impact on him than his apparent love for Melbourne. That was yet another [censored] spin on the matter.

And when do I ever mention Chris Judd? He is the topic of conversation today because of his surprising win.

I've said again and again that he is a gun, but that I think in the end we were probably lucky to have missed out on him and gain the picks.

It's not sour grapes from me.

I couldn't give a stuff anymore about which club he did or didn't chose to come to.

And I don't care about his suspension from last years finals either, that was last year.

He gets awarded votes from this years season for the 2010 Brownlow, so anything that happened in 2009 is irrelevant.

But what no can deny is the amazing events during 2010, when Chris Judd escaped suspension for the Pavlich incident in which should have made him ineligible for the medal.

It's not sour grapes, it's a fact.

For all of the conspiracy theorists out there, perhaps the AFL does keep tabs on the votes, knew Judd was 5 or 6 votes in front when the Pavlich incident occurred, thought "Buggar, can't have the winner ineligible", knew with carry over points from pressure points that even an early guilty plea wouldn't help, so didn't even put him up in front of tribunal, and came up with the lamest "insufficient force" excuse ever.

I don't necessarily think it's valid, but I'm throwing it out there.

Happened in Round 13 - 9 rounds before the season finished. Do you really think the AFL knew who was going to win the Brownlow with a maximum possible 27 votes being received should a certain player receive best on grounds every game for the rest of the year?

Also gives the AFL plenty of time to ensure he wouldn't poll enough votes to win.

Moving on.

Edited by billy2803

Guest hangon007

Read this comment from a Dockers site made me laugh ...

You can get it digging

you can get it riggin

you can get it in a stable.

you can get it on a trestle table.

unless you're at caaarlton, where you get it under the table

And when do I ever mention Chris Judd?

Ha. You know I did an advanced search (Chris Judd) and found plenty of evidence for your dislike towards Judd, and 8 pages* came up of quotes slagging him off. I had too many examples of quotes Jaded. B)

Must say, I like your passion for the Dees.

*admittedly among those 8 pages - it is not all negative.

Fair effort after missing the first three games through suspension but he lost me when he said he supported Melbourne as a kid. Wish he didn't say that.

Otherwise, it's a bit of an indictment on Carlton's recruiting. Where's their future if they're so dominated by one player?

shytes me to tears when he always goes on about supporting Demons as a kid, well why the f#%k didn't he go there when he could have, moneygrabbing bastard. I can't wait for the day when we pass them on the ladder. Those dogs will still be playing elimination finals when we will be in the top 4. Well I suppose Crudd will be sleeping on a mattress full of money with the flatchested twig beside him, I hope for his sake that will make him happy.

to the idots who said he doesn't deserve it and dane swan was robbed, [censored] off seriously! the guy is a champion and deserved it more then anyone, had carried the whole carlton team on both sore shoulders with no support! and out and out gun!

well done juddy i forgive you for not coming to the dees coz if u did we would not have had scully trengove watts jurrah morton.

get a grip morons!

I'd rather Judd win it than anyone from eddiewood, the look on McGuire's face was priceless hahahahahahah

Ha. You know I did an advanced search (Chris Judd) and found plenty of evidence for your dislike towards Judd, and 8 pages* came up of quotes slagging him off. I had too many examples of quotes Jaded. demon_cool.gif

Must say, I like your passion for the Dees.

*admittedly among those 8 pages - it is not all negative.

I was gonna say, I bet 7 of those pages were written around the time of the Judd trade. Not sure if you were posting here back then, but there were literally 1000 posts a minute made about it. I even think we had a whole board dedicated to Judd.

Strange no one cares to justify Judd escaping elligibty exemption . Simply suggesting as it occurred in an 09 final makes it ok despite actuallly having a penalty. Does the inconsistency not matter... Are finals fair go ?

I don't buy his ( CJ) sanctimonious justification of his heroic altruism for his once beloved club. He went to Carlton for his own benefit and have no problem with that ... Until he spins to suit.

Each to their own

Judd is a class act both on and off the field. He enriches our game. He is a credit to himself, his club and the AFL. He is an outstanding character and footballer who I have had the privilege of getting to know on a personal level. His reasons for choosing Carlton over Melbourne was only a result of 2007 being the start of the great Melbourne rebuild rather than the end (like Carlton). If he had of come to the Dees we would not have the list we have now and still be as far away from a premiership as we have ever been. He did not go to Carlton for the money. In the end there was very little monetary difference between the Melbourne and Carlton offers and associated offer (Melbourne had a Visy lined up as well). Juddy once told me that he left the meeting with Stynes and Lyon rang up Bec and said "I am going to Melbourne". Some time after this reality set in. He wants to win a Premiership and mark my words if Juddy had come to Melbourne at the end of 2007 he and the MFC would not have any chance of winning a premiership in his career. Give credit to the guy for doing the right thing by us and himself.

I have watched a couple Melbourne games with Juddy and I can report he still has a soft spot for our team. (No he will never play for us.) He was speaking highly of Frawley in 2008 before most on this site could see the talent. He was no fan of Robo (dropped to the ground too much, no defensive pressure), but rates Trengrove the highest of all our young guns. He thinks Melbourne is now a potential premiership list but warns me that it is going to take much longer than we would like to think.

Those who are paying Juddy out should stop. It sounds like sour grapes. You are discrediting yourselves.

Congratulations on a well deserved second Brownlow Juddy!

The reason you write this is because you reckon your a mate of his, the bottom line is, he could have easily gone to Melbourne and we still would have had all these young blokes. He went to carlton for the money, and I reckon we are going to win a flag before they do, they have a very average bottom 10 players and even their topline players are inconsistent. Take it from me, if you go to the footy with him as you say, you'll be watching a GF together with the Demons playing Collingwood or whoever. Judd is what? 28, the way he plays his body will have had enough in 3-4 years. I mean, what do you take us for? Judd didn't come to Melbourne because he was doing the right thing by us?????FFS I have no words(that aren't obscene) to answer that crap

Strange no one cares to justify Judd escaping elligibty exemption . Simply suggesting as it occurred in an 09 final makes it ok despite actuallly having a penalty. Does the inconsistency not matter... Are finals fair go ?

I don't buy his ( CJ) sanctimonious justification of his heroic altruism for his once beloved club. He went to Carlton for his own benefit and have no problem with that ... Until he spins to suit.

Each to their own

yep, should have been ineligible, but the AFL have their own biased rules. They don't follow rule books they make their own, I actually thought they were going to go harder on blokes who got suspended in finals??????????????

Each to their own

Fair to say a few have justified it by saying it occurred in 2009, and he won then 2010 Brownlow. Pretty straight forward.

Happened in Round 13 - 9 rounds before the season finished. Do you really think the AFL knew who was going to win the Brownlow with a maximum possible 27 votes being received should a certain player receive best on grounds every game for the rest of the year?

Also gives the AFL plenty of time to ensure he wouldn't poll enough votes to win.

Moving on.

Yeah, I agree. The theory has plenty of holes in it.

I was just throwing it out there.

But I stand by what I said originally, Chris Judd is extremly lucky to be a 2 time Brownlow medalist. Nothing to do with last years final, nothing to do with his ability as a footballer, or the so called average team that he plays for.

The simply fact, in my eyes, and many many others, he should have been found guilty of striking Matthew Pavlich with an elbow to the face and thus making him eligible to win this seasons Brownlow medal.

I wonder how Chris Grant feels today.

But I stand by what I said originally, Chris Judd is extremly lucky to be a 2 time Brownlow medalist. Nothing to do with last years final, nothing to do with his ability as a footballer, or the so called average team that he plays for.

The simply fact, in my eyes, and many many others, he should have been found guilty of striking Matthew Pavlich with an elbow to the face and thus making him eligible to win this seasons Brownlow medal.

Quite Interesting bringing up Grant, Ash!

The only reason Grant missed on the 1997 medal was for missing a week in about rd 7 or 8, when the umpire on the day and reviewing the tape didn't feel the ned to lay a report. The report was laid after Ian Collins brought it to the attention of reporting umpire, in the days before the MRP. Robert Harvey definitely deserved the award that as he was brilliant, but you can argue influence from the AFL commission decided the winner rather than the umpires.

Chris Grant, along with Corey McKernan will be feeling fine today. He (Judd) wasn't reported, therefore is 100% eligible to receive the Brownlow. The "should've been found guilty" story is painful, he wasn't, so let's move on. There are a number of players each season that get off on charges that they shouldn't, and there are a number that get suspended for things they shouldn't, it's been like it for decades.

As I commented on in an earlier post, I can't believe we, Melbourne supporters, are whinging about this. If other teams are complaining, let them, we as Melbourne supporters are better than that, and don't need a % of our supporters carrying on like spoilt little brats. Grow up, you are giving the rest of us a bad name.