• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

White Clash Jumper

Guest Redleg_24

Personally I have no problem with our clash strips, there will never be an alternative that pleases everyone, it's not that big of a deal, the club has bigger fish to fry than spend all year messing around with guernseys. However, I just couldn't abide us playing a GF in anything but our traditional guernsey.

But what you have said above is exactly the Problem. If we accept these Rubbish Jumper designs then on GF day when we make it, the chances of playing in our traditional strip will be very slim.

I want to see our Traditional Jumper in September.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But what you have said above is exactly the Problem. If we accept these Rubbish Jumper designs then on GF day when we make it, the chances of playing in our traditional strip will be very slim.

I want to see our Traditional Jumper in September.

Care to support that claim with some kind of reasoning?

I don't think any club would accept wearing a clash guernsey on GF Day. I have no idea how it will be resolved. Hopefully there's a test case of sorts that doesn't involve us.

WYL digging his own grave yet again...

I get many a good chuckle reading his work...

It's about more than just the effect on the players.

It's about the viewers, at the ground and on TV, who sometimes struggle to work out who is who. Geelong vs Collingwood, for example, or Collingwood vs North Melbourne. Or Essendon/Richmond.

Ever thought of updating the lenses in your glasses T U? And if you don't wear glasses i suggest you do.

Digging my own Grave indeed. I just don't buy Adrian Anderson Spin Doctoring.

The Clash Jumpers were introduced & sold because they carry the AFL emblem on them. The REASONS the Public are told about the wearing of clash jumpers is another matter which has as much relevence as the Present Match Review Panel.

Edited by why you little

Notwithstanding that the traditional jumpers would also carry the AFL emblem on them...... :unsure:

Of course 2 streams of merchadise are better than 1 in the eyes of the AFL.

If Anderson came out & said this then i would believe his word, but this crap about the Game becoming to fast-thus we NEED these clash jumpers is just Rubbish.

The Game is getting faster because the AFL allow rules to be tinkered with.

Notwithstanding that the traditional jumpers would also carry the AFL emblem on them...... :unsure:

Rhino....next you'll be saying Lady Gaga is a pop genius rather than an over hyped marketing tool!!

Ever thought of updating the lenses in your glasses T U? And if you don't wear glasses i suggest you do.

Digging my own Grave indeed. I just don't buy Adrian Anderson Spin Doctoring.

The Clash Jumpers were introduced & sold because they carry the AFL emblem on them. The REASONS the Public are told about the wearing of clash jumpers is another matter which has as much relevence as the Present Match Review Panel.

I don't wear glasses and I can see just fine thankyou. I was referring to your blatant contradiction on this subject, specifically how you blew a gasket at the AFL allowing the umpires to wear pink because, gosh darn it, there was a clash between their pink and ours, yet you cannot understand why clubs are asked by the AFL to wear an alternate jumper to their traditional one when a clash with an opponent arises.

The manner in which the AFL enforces this rule is less than optimal (home teams, for example, should never ever wear anything other than their traditional strip), and you have every right to be incensed at the AFL permitting the umpires to wear pink that week, but if you can't see the condradiction in your opinions then I think it's you who needs glasses.

Guest Redleg_24
you cannot understand why clubs are asked by the AFL to wear an alternate jumper to their traditional one when a clash with an opponent arises.

I can understand why they ask, but can you tell me how an almost entirely RED jumper clashes with and entirely NAVY BLUE JUMPER...Answer the questions at hand. Why do we need a white jumper? It is the easy way out for the AFL to say some clubs MUST wear white, while other clubs are ok to just add a bit more of their existing colours. Like every argument concerning the AFL, it comes down the consistency.

Please someone identify the clubs we are purported to clash with? I just dont understand who they are. The only one I can think of is Brisbane. In that case, if we play away, i would be happy to go with a white design. That is the only time I think it is plausible that we wear it.

Edited by Redleg_24

I don't wear glasses and I can see just fine thankyou. I was referring to your blatant contradiction on this subject, specifically how you blew a gasket at the AFL allowing the umpires to wear pink because, gosh darn it, there was a clash between their pink and ours, yet you cannot understand why clubs are asked by the AFL to wear an alternate jumper to their traditional one when a clash with an opponent arises.

The manner in which the AFL enforces this rule is less than optimal (home teams, for example, should never ever wear anything other than their traditional strip), and you have every right to be incensed at the AFL permitting the umpires to wear pink that week, but if you can't see the condradiction in your opinions then I think it's you who needs glasses.

What Happened with the umpires during the Bulldogs game is a totally seperate issue, but at least does highlight the AFL's absolute Pig headedness on this issue. The AFL was warned days before that the Umpires were wearing a ridiculous colour-Not the Club.

I stand by what i said that night. And i also stand by what i have said today. Maybe you were to young to ever go to Glenferrie oval on a cold dark wet Winters day and watch 2 teams slog it out in the mud. And it was mud.

But everyone knew who was who.

I don't quite understand both you and Rhino using the word Contradiction through my answers. I have been very clear on how i stand.

Bloody oath the AFL was stupid to allow the Umpires to wear pink that night. But it is a totally different issue than the wearing of a clash jumper when it is clearly not needed.

Last weekend would have been fine if we had worn our traditional strip (That has Red in it) white Shorts & Red socks.

You may disagree, But do not belittle my words just because i am standing up for the RED & BLUE. Those of you who like that strip that was worn last weekend, Go and follow Footscray because that's what last saturday's game looked like.

The arguement that the game has got too fast for the Traditional strip between 2 teams is garbage. Maybe the Umpires should go back to wearing all white rather than looking American.

I

I can understand why they ask, but can you tell me how an almost entirely RED jumper clashes with and entirely NAVY BLUE JUMPER...Answer the questions at hand. Why do we need a white jumper? It is the easy way out for the AFL to say some clubs MUST wear white, while other clubs are ok to just add a bit more of their existing colours. Like every argument concerning the AFL, it comes down the consistency.

Please someone identify the clubs we are purported to clash with? I just dont understand who they are. The only one I can think of is Brisbane. In that case, if we play away, i would be happy to go with a white design. That is the only time I think it is plausible that we wear it.

Good on ya Redleg at least someone agrees with me on this absurd situation.

What Happened with the umpires during the Bulldogs game is a totally seperate issue, but at least does highlight the AFL's absolute Pig headedness on this issue. The AFL was warned days before that the Umpires were wearing a ridiculous colour-Not the Club.

I stand by what i said that night. And i also stand by what i have said today. Maybe you were to young to ever go to Glenferrie oval on a cold dark wet Winters day and watch 2 teams slog it out in the mud. And it was mud.

But everyone knew who was who.

I don't quite understand both you and Rhino using the word Contradiction through my answers. I have been very clear on how i stand.

Bloody oath the AFL was stupid to allow the Umpires to wear pink that night. But it is a totally different issue than the wearing of a clash jumper when it is clearly not needed.

Last weekend would have been fine if we had worn our traditional strip (That has Red in it) white Shorts & Red socks.

You may disagree, But do not belittle my words just because i am standing up for the RED & BLUE. Those of you who like that strip that was worn last weekend, Go and follow Footscray because that's what last saturday's game looked like.

The arguement that the game has got too fast for the Traditional strip between 2 teams is garbage. Maybe the Umpires should go back to wearing all white rather than looking American.

I

W Y L....if Rhino ends up agreeing with you on anything I would start to second guess myself.

The Pink/Navy clash with the umps is totally separate to the clash jumper point you have made. Are the AFL planning on having Collingwood run out in red and blue this week? Has there ever been two teams in the exact same color in it's entirety?

1st argument - The AFL allowing umps to wear exact same color as a competing side - outrage!

2nd argument - The AFL enforcing clash jumpers when there is no clash like Saturday - outrage!

Of course 2 streams of merchadise are better than 1 in the eyes of the AFL.

If Anderson came out & said this then i would believe his word, but this crap about the Game becoming to fast-thus we NEED these clash jumpers is just Rubbish.

The Game is getting faster because the AFL allow rules to be tinkered with.

Oh dear... :unsure:

Off with the pixies.

Care to support that claim with some kind of reasoning?

I don't think any club would accept wearing a clash guernsey on GF Day. I have no idea how it will be resolved. Hopefully there's a test case of sorts that doesn't involve us.

If clubs choose not to wear a Clash Guernsey on Grand Final Day & wear the Traditional strip, then it kind of defeats the whole "clash" concept doesn't it, as GF day is by far the most important.

Can i spell it out any easier??

It's a Marketing issue & i hope more people realize this in the coming years.

Watching the EPL these days most of the time i have no idea who is playing, & i do not want our game to go down the same path.

Edited by why you little

W Y L....if Rhino ends up agreeing with you on anything I would start to second guess myself.

The Pink/Navy clash with the umps is totally separate to the clash jumper point you have made. Are the AFL planning on having Collingwood run out in red and blue this week? Has there ever been two teams in the exact same color in it's entirety?

1st argument - The AFL allowing umps to wear exact same color as a competing side - outrage!

2nd argument - The AFL enforcing clash jumpers when there is no clash like Saturday - outrage!

You two should get together and share your outrage.It would be good therapy.

Why is the AFL allowing umps to wear the same colour as the competing side an outrage? C-L-A-S-H.

A clash of guernsey need not be totally the same colours. But this will be lost in the flames of outrage :lol:

Wrong issue Redleg. Maybe we've ditched the red jumper for 2010. Who knows. But I was as surprised as the next person to see us run out in the white last Saturday.

Just because you've been clear doesn't mean you haven't contradicted yourself, which you have.

I don't disagree, I too reckon our regular jumper would work fine against Carlton with white shorts.

And to suggest that I'm 'belittling' you because you're standing up for the club is ridiculous.

You two should get together and share your outrage.It would be good therapy.

Why is the AFL allowing umps to wear the same colour as the competing side an outrage? C-L-A-S-H.

A clash of guernsey need not be totally the same colours. But this will be lost in the flames of outrage :lol:

Contradictory outrage!!! Even better.....

Anyway....I've had enough of this one...or have I?

Until the Essendon game anyway...or more than likely the Adelaide and St Kilda games....maybe the AFL will kit us out in Red, White and Blue panels against the Saints....

Wrong issue Redleg. Maybe we've ditched the red jumper for 2010. Who knows. But I was as surprised as the next person to see us run out in the white last Saturday.

Just because you've been clear doesn't mean you haven't contradicted yourself, which you have.

I don't disagree, I too reckon our regular jumper would work fine against Carlton with white shorts.

And to suggest that I'm 'belittling' you because you're standing up for the club is ridiculous.

I'm glad you agree at least. Because no arguement concerning that strip from last saturday will sway my opinion. It was a Dirge, & as a club in future i hope we do not wear it again.

I do not think i have contradicted myself at all, as i have stated. Our jumper & what the umpires are instructed to wear are 2 very seperate discussions.

By the AFL giving the umps the pink Uniform. They actually introduced the Problem, were told about it and did nothing to fix it. Which is a totally different arguement to saying our Traditional away strip clashes with Carlton.

It's been done to death but there is a clash with Carlton. Brad Miller tackled Matt Whelan during a carlton game once.

There is a clash with Essendon, as evidenced by the Walsh-to-Hird handball discussed earlier.

If we wear something which avoids these issues, while we are the away team, why wouldn't you be ok with it? If rigidly sticking with tradition costs us a win, and thereby a finals berth or even a flag, we'll all be on here demanding clash jumpers.

If it was a purely marketing exercise we'd have home and away guernseys.

Off the top of my head, we clash with Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton and Essendon and Fremantle. We probably clash with Port Adelaide's new jumper, too, but that is yet to be tested.

Unlike some, I actually don't mind the current white clash jumper. It still identifies us with the red and blue, and it achieves the aim of avoiding a clash.

In away matches, I'd rather see us wear an easily identifiable alternate jumper against any side with which we remotely clash, rather than suffer through any modicum of confusion among the players or the spectators.

EDIT: I have the same aversion as other posters to playing in a grand final in an alternate jumper.

Edited by MikeyJ

This will be the REALLY interesting test of the AFL's resolve on the clash guernseys. I rather feel that the majority of the clubs are just accepting being dictated to where home & away games are concerned, but we haven't had any clashes on GF day in the "clash era" and I would be amazed to see a club wear something other than their traditional strip in a Grand Final.

Personally I have no problem with our clash strips,

Have you ever seen any team play in white and dominate? It's such a woozy, nothing "colour".

Personally, MFC's jumper should be sacrosanct not just for GF's but every game. We're the founding club, not Collingwood. Our jumper is worth fighting for.

In away matches, I'd rather see us wear an easily identifiable alternate jumper against any side with which we remotely clash, rather than suffer through any modicum of confusion among the players or the spectators.

Which raises the third team out there, the umpires. Are they "away" sometimes or is simply every game a "home" fixture for "Team Umpires"?