Andrejs Everitt

Redleg

In his first year he looked really good but has fallen away dramatically. Even in the VFL games I've seen him in he has looked very ordinary. I'm surprised on the raps everybody has given him here his last 2 years he has been a shadow of the kid that looked promising a few years ago. I wouldn't go near him especially if he is anything like his clown of a brother.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think we need him, unless we plan to play him as a mobile ruckman.

Newton and pick 34 for Everitt could be beneficial to both parties. ...

i'd second that ;).......certainly beneficial to us !!! :lol:

i'd second that ;).......certainly beneficial to us !!! :lol:

I'm just hoping the Bullies look at Newton and think "young tall forward with potential" as opposed to what most MFC supporters would think...

I'm just hoping the Bullies look at Newton and think "young tall forward with potential" as opposed to what most MFC supporters would think...

In all seriouslness a new club may be just whjat Juice needs to revitalise his career. hes going to get less and less chance at anything at melbourne the way he's going and the way we're developing.

The Pups might be able to cultivate him.. Eade is quite good at that.

In all seriouslness a new club may be just whjat Juice needs to revitalise his career. hes going to get less and less chance at anything at melbourne the way he's going and the way we're developing.

The Pups might be able to cultivate him.. Eade is quite good at that.

That's what I hope they're thinking!

And to be honest, I imagine they would.

I just don't have that much faith in him/them myself!

In his first year he looked really good but has fallen away dramatically. Even in the VFL games I've seen him in he has looked very ordinary. I'm surprised on the raps everybody has given him here his last 2 years he has been a shadow of the kid that looked promising a few years ago. I wouldn't go near him especially if he is anything like his clown of a brother.

I tend to agree with that. Looked a promising 1st year. Played well as a tall half back/winger as he reads it well but at 193, I'm not too sure he's a KPP, didn't really play tight on forwards and he lacks an engine to be a full time winger. In fact, I've got more confidence in Morton in becoming a KPP then Everitt.

Wanting to leave, a few months after signing is a poor indication IMO.

Edited by jacey

Who knows what really has transpired and been said at the Kennel ??

Everrit could simply be thinking he has limited opportunites out West..and maybe distant footy fields look greener !!

time will tell...as always

I don't think we can find a trade that would work to get him. The dogs would want one of our KPPs and a pick for him. On top of that there are other clubs who will offer higher picks than we can. In this case having the picks we do is almost a curse. For trading purposes our first pick is 18, and we can be undercut by any other club in the comp.

2 years ago we had a lot of holes and we needed to recruit anyone who could play decent footy. These days we need to be more strategic. I would say no. We have others in his ilk who are superior.

2 years ago we had a lot of holes and we needed to recruit anyone who could play decent footy. These days we need to be more strategic. I would say no. We have others in his ilk who are superior.

Like who?

Everitt is going to rip it up!

Wing and Midfield!

I prefer Morton on the Half Back Flank or loose man down there. Can rotate though!

Yeah nah I just don't see his type as a priority. We have tall midfielders, the midfielders that we need to bring in need to be quick, skilled clearance players.

I would rather use the spot on the list for that type of midfielcer, a true KPP forward and a ruckman.

Yeah nah I just don't see his type as a priority. We have tall midfielders, the midfielders that we need to bring in need to be quick, skilled clearance players.

I would rather use the spot on the list for that type of midfielcer, a true KPP forward and a ruckman.

I dont know who the tall midfielders are except for Morton. Jones, Valenti, McLean, Moloney etc arnt so tall!

Everitt is tall, quick and Kouta like! He has been in the system for 3 years and is ready to burn at a new club. Is only 21 and 193cm! Very difficult to match up on I think! Can be rotated through various positions and would provide opposition headaches. I would be prepared to offer Pick 18.

I could fit him on the wing quite easily!

I think you would use him like Gilbert at St Kilda as a tall rebounding defender (which I think we need) but if we gave up pick 18 we would need to trade for another first rounder or pick up a Tall forward with pick 2

Cale Morton, Jack Grimes, Lynden Dunn, Colin Garland (please God). We really need that tall forward!!!

Has an attitude problem (dare I say it: Genetics?) - and having him in the same side and "friendship group" with Jarrad Grant isn't helping, one influences the other.

The Bulldogs also have monetary issues with some of their players as a financial underperforming club - they are only entitled to 94% of the TPP.

Lake's salary has now trippled - and trying to get the expensive Barry Hall to the club shows that they need to make room somewhere.

Everitt was Pick #11 in "the Super Draft" of 2006 - and has grown to around 196 cms, since being drafted (see his game vs. Collingwood in the ruck, Rd 22.)

Would be an ideal candidate for the rumoured 6 clubs said to be keen - to provide carry and run from the defence.

Carlton have offered to swap 1st round Picks with the Dogs (#11 and #15) in order to secure Everitt.

I think Melbourne's Pick #18 could almost seal the deal, unless the Saints and Cats (who are both said to be keen) come to the party and offer their Picks #16 and #17.

I would have thought Sydney could offer their first rounder (6 or 7?) and Hall for Everitt and the dogs #15... I can't see too much wrong with that.

Except that they won't.

I wouldn't be suprised if the Swans made a play for Everitt - with using Hall and their massive salary cap room as a carrot.

But I highly doubt, Everitt would command a Pick as low as #7.