SANFL report on some young draft hopefuls

dee-man

Was he All Australian? he kicked 6goals in the BL 2's on the weekend just gone. I dont think Rockliff was touted to go as high as Panos

Rockliff lead the league in goalkicking at FF in the team that won the TAC cup grand final and in some phantom drafts (admittedly by nuff nuffs) he was predicted to go around the beginning of the second round.

Parallels.

I'm just making the point that some of factors being used to put Panos forward as a fantastic pick aren't necessarily indicators that he will go that early.

He doesn't excite me frankly.

Rockliff lead the league in goalkicking at FF in the team that won the TAC cup grand final and in some phantom drafts (admittedly by nuff nuffs) he was predicted to go around the beginning of the second round.

Parallels.

I'm just making the point that some of factors being used to put Panos forward as a fantastic pick aren't necessarily indicators that he will go that early.

Not at pick 18? I like him cause hes already playing against men and I really just see him being somewhat of a David Neitz. Same Size Great Kick and push out to CHF.

Parallels.

Rockliff / Parallels = Jake Loraine.

• 3 weeks later...
Are there any more updates on Trengove Dee-man?

I notice his team made the SANFL finals.

Yeah has been playing fairly well.Last week in the last minor round he had about 20 possies & was named in the best,kicked a couple of goals also.Sturt finished 3rd so hopefully he gets to play a few finals games so we can see how he stacks up in big games.Quiet a few AFL players have come back to the SANFL sides for finals so he will be up against some quality opponents in the middle.Has been named on the HFF this week against CEntral who are the reigning premiers & Paul Thomas who was at Essendon a couple of years ago is starting on him.Thomas is Centrals captain so thats a fairly tough opponent on him so hopefully he stands up & has a big game.Good sign though when the kid starts a SANFL final against more experienced players,they must have some confidence in him.A mate at work is a Sturt member & loves the Saints.He has big wrapps on him & thinks he has a big future & was hoping he would last until the Saints pick

Yeah has been playing fairly well.Last week in the last minor round he had about 20 possies & was named in the best,kicked a couple of goals also.Sturt finished 3rd so hopefully he gets to play a few finals games so we can see how he stacks up in big games.Quiet a few AFL players have come back to the SANFL sides for finals so he will be up against some quality opponents in the middle.Has been named on the HFF this week against CEntral who are the reigning premiers & Paul Thomas who was at Essendon a couple of years ago is starting on him.Thomas is Centrals captain so thats a fairly tough opponent on him so hopefully he stands up & has a big game.Good sign though when the kid starts a SANFL final against more experienced players,they must have some confidence in him.A mate at work is a Sturt member & loves the Saints.He has big wrapps on him & thinks he has a big future & was hoping he would last until the Saints pick

Thanks Dee-man.

Tell your mates there's no chance he'll still be there for St. Kilda's pick!

Hows Panos going? i know hes up against it with Taylor Walker in the 1's but does he get more possies then say Butcher does. or does he just get stats from marks and that is it?

Bit about Panos & Trengove.Panos has finished for the year as Norwoods season is over.Unfortunatly i think Norwood played some games with him in the end.They sacked there coach & things changed a bit a few rounds from the end.Panos was playing fairly well but then got put back to the Reserves along with Luke Jericho & Dean Terlich who came from the Swans.They bought up a few kids from the U/16s & played them,i think as a look into the future as they couldnt make the finals & they knew that Panos & a few others wernt in next years plans.He does get a few kicks out on the HFF & he chases & does a few 1,2s.hes good on the ground & is very smart,if hes not in the best possie he always looks in the corridor etc for a better target.He also seems to have a few handballs which as we know alot of FF dont do haha.Trengove played in Sturts finals tody & had over 20 possies i think as well as kicking 2 goals.The commentators couldnt stop talking him up & were saying that hes ready for AFL & is just such a natural footballer.Saying he always just has so much extra time & space like all the good MIDS do.They also rate him as a captain & say hes a natural leader.Sturt are playing again next week so will get back to you how he does then

Hows Panos going? i know hes up against it with Taylor Walker in the 1's but does he get more possies then say Butcher does. or does he just get stats from marks and that is it?

Sorry i didnt realy answer that to good.I would say that at least half his kicks & handballs come from chasing & crumbing as hes fairly mobile & good below his knees.I cant say if he gets more that Butcher as i havnt seen Butcher live but i can say that ive seen Panos get quiet a few guys holding the ball & dosnt mind tackling.1 game he chased down a Rover on the wing & caught him holding the ball,he passed to a player on the 50 line & then ran on & received before slotting through the goal from about 40 out on the boundary.Most games hes up around the 15 to 20 stat mark

Bit about Panos & Trengove.Panos has finished for the year as Norwoods season is over.Unfortunatly i think Norwood played some games with him in the end.They sacked there coach & things changed a bit a few rounds from the end.Panos was playing fairly well but then got put back to the Reserves along with Luke Jericho & Dean Terlich who came from the Swans.They bought up a few kids from the U/16s & played them,i think as a look into the future as they couldnt make the finals & they knew that Panos & a few others wernt in next years plans.He does get a few kicks out on the HFF & he chases & does a few 1,2s.hes good on the ground & is very smart,if hes not in the best possie he always looks in the corridor etc for a better target.He also seems to have a few handballs which as we know alot of FF dont do haha.Trengove played in Sturts finals tody & had over 20 possies i think as well as kicking 2 goals.The commentators couldnt stop talking him up & were saying that hes ready for AFL & is just such a natural footballer.Saying he always just has so much extra time & space like all the good MIDS do.They also rate him as a captain & say hes a natural leader.Sturt are playing again next week so will get back to you how he does then

Thanks for the updates mate, much appreciated.