Gold Coast gets Green light

H_T

Just to clarify (and this will probably seem like a stupid question) but as GC17 are entitled to 1 uncontracted player from each club at the end of next year, does this certain individual they choose have any say in the matter? or can GC17 just say "tough luck, we're taking you"???

THat Carlton Player Josh Kennedy didn't have much choice in the Judd deal if that helps your question.

Petterd grew up in Tassie and went to Qld when he was around 10 or 11.

He was asked about going to GC17 and denied he felt a great desire to go back to the Gold Coast.

BTW, Townsville is a 20 hour drive from the Gold Coast so if Jake wants to go home he might want to buy a comfortable car...

And go to Wednesday training on Tuesday...

Now, Mt Gravatt is close...

That's an oversimplification of what is happening to Port.

Setting aside the problems that they were facing when they came into the league, the facts are that they get an awful stadium deal at AAMI Stadium and the SA authorities treat them like second class citizens.

Bianco defaulting on their sponsorship also isn't the fault of Port or footy fans in SA.

26,708 members in a AFL crazy state with two teams to choose from, bring on WS

Just to clarify (and this will probably seem like a stupid question) but as GC17 are entitled to 1 uncontracted player from each club at the end of next year, does this certain individual they choose have any say in the matter? or can GC17 just say "tough luck, we're taking you"???

They're 'Out Of Contract' players.

These OOC players still have to agree to a contract from GC17, and their original club can sign them up without sanction.

Not sure what would happen if a club signed up all their players and didn't allow GC17 to negotiate with anyone...

But there are going to be clubs that will not get stolen from.

And any player can say 'No, I'm off to the PSD.'

Where the first player will get picked up by GC17...

But the second player is free to go to a place that isn't the Gold Coast.

That's an oversimplification of what is happening to Port.

Setting aside the problems that they were facing when they came into the league, the facts are that they get an awful stadium deal at AAMI Stadium and the SA authorities treat them like second class citizens.

Bianco defaulting on their sponsorship also isn't the fault of Port or footy fans in SA.

Then Why were Port Adelaide allowed to join the AFL in the first place. The whole thing stinks. Yes Port were successful in the SANFL but with a working class following & totally loathed by Everyone else. Nothing has changed.

THE AFL ARE NOT ALWAYS RIGHT, Demetrio might Regret this expansion plan for the latter part of his life. Why did 16 Presidents Vote yes to it so quickly.

I would love to hear an answer to that..."We have ways of making you agree to our little proposal, don't we"

There's something smelly about all this 18 Teams in a 24 week comp (17 to start with) Just makes it easier to tamper with the draw. TV Pays $1 Billion they are going to want only the best games on. Collingwood every week.

I can see the AFL doing the draw in 6 week blocks like the NRL to maximise Couch Potatoes. I don't like it, but i am sure glad to be with the MCC again. At least we have a chance to ride the wave out.

The way I look at it is; the AFL is the biggest game in Australia, it has a sh!tload of money and there are only 2 teams in a population of 11m (NSW and QLD).

This is going to happen sooner or later, the economy is in the tank at the moment but if you have got money, and the AFL does, then this is a good time to spend it.

Next Townsville, Darwin, Tasmania, then the pacific islands...

OK, maybe those last two aren't going to happen...

The way I look at it is; the AFL is the biggest game in Australia, it has a sh!tload of money and there are only 2 teams in a population of 11m (NSW and QLD).

This is going to happen sooner or later, the economy is in the tank at the moment but if you have got money, and the AFL does, then this is a good time to spend it.

Next Townsville, Darwin, Tasmania, then the pacific islands...

OK, maybe those last two aren't going to happen...

Yes you are Right The AFL is number 1 but it can also Backfire if it gets too Big, spread your outlay too wide and it becomes thin.

Maybe its me, i just have a really Bad feeling about the next few years.

I have had a feeling for some time that miller is the one they will chase as he is out of contract next year and is an ex QLD boy. Tall KPP cannot be drafted at 18yrs and expected to fill a key role.

Whilst I understood your logic, I don't think that Scott Clayton will be setting his sights that low as to draft Miller as an uncontracted player.

GC17 have access to draft up to 16 uncontracted players. Given that they'll have a core group of young talent on low salaries, they can utilise their salary cap benefits to target some high priced recruits. Clayton has stated that they won't be specifically targetting ex-Queenslanders.

If miller left that would be a massive blow to the club, we cant afford to lose him. :lol:

Whilst he would be a loss 'IF' we lost him, I wouldn't imagine it would be a 'MASSIVE' loss, such as S.Thompson proportions. Going by the feedback he gets on these forums, despite one of his better seasons last year.

Miller & Petterd are the obvious choices in terms of returning 'home'. Did I read something with regard to GC having more salary cap to spend initially?