What do we stand for?

Yencks

Has anyone noticed all of the little things that the club has done recently to try to stand for "something"?

After Demetrious comments early last year, I believe the Stynes, Connoly and Schwab are going to every effort to prove that we stand for something. Not only making the logo change, but if you look at the membership package, specifically at the package that the lanyard is in, you will notice that almost every photo has little kids in it and that smack bang in the middle, there is a photo of the old style jumper that schwab is trying to bring back.

Then if you turn to the back of the package, it has the words to the club song (second verse included).

There are heaps of things I have noticed where the club is trying to stand for "something" but I can't think of them all now. What are peoples thoughts on this?

EDIT: Obviously giving Jack Watts the number four jumper and making a big deal about it, is another example.

Has anyone noticed all of the little things that the club has done recently to try to stand for "something"?

After Demetrious comments early last year, I believe the Stynes, Connoly and Schwab are going to every effort to prove that we stand for something. Not only making the logo change, but if you look at the membership package, specifically at the package that the lanyard is in, you will notice that almost every photo has little kids in it and that smack bang in the middle, there is a photo of the old style jumper that schwab is trying to bring back.

Then if you turn to the back of the package, it has the words to the club song (second verse included).

There are heaps of things I have noticed where the club is trying to stand for "something" but I can't think of them all now. What are peoples thoughts on this?

EDIT: Obviously giving Jack Watts the number four jumper and making a big deal about it, is another example.

Been plenty of examples Nugget: -

Summit

Christmas Carol

New Membership package - Demon Heartland

Casey community/schools initiatives

New Recruits (ie Watts presentation)

Announcement of Youth Summit

......to name a few more

After Demetrious comments early last year,

I personally found these comments to be very insulting to our great club. (Although I suspect this was the intent to get us all moving).

What does 1 football club stand for that is any different from any other club? Our brand has suffered for a long time now but to suggest that this club stood for nothing??? Come on!

I personally found these comments to be very insulting to our great club. (Although I suspect this was the intent to get us all moving).

What does 1 football club stand for that is any different from any other club? Our brand has suffered for a long time now but to suggest that this club stood for nothing??? Come on!

I was livid when I heard those comments as well but I think they were the rocket up the ying yang the club needed. Demetriou and co seem to have been pretty helpful to the new admin and it's no secret they were pretty unimpressed by Gardner and co.

I'm wrapt with the focus on our history that Jimma, Connols and Schwabby have brought to the fore. We have the most impressive history of probably any club of any code in the world. It's about time we embraced it. For the first time in my life I really think we're heading in the right direction. Involving members, facing up to our problems and reembracing our history, now for a premiership.

As far as standing for nothing, I think trying to lose the demon was what they on about. If we're not the Demons what the hell are we, Melbourne FC doesn't cut it. Make the demon more evil, I'd like our logo to inspire fear, as all great teams do.

I like the movement forward to reconnect with our heritage. The grand heritage of a winning culture and strong and proud football club. Maybe if it catches on people will start to see how important this club was to our national game, and how important that this club remains viable in the future.

Fingers crossed the club can once again establish itself as a premier football club.

Hey guys - i'm new here :-) first post, it might as well be about this..

I'm a long time supporter of the Dee's (albeit from afar these days) - My earliest memories revolve around this football club, running around th 'G till long after dark kicking goals, being in the rooms before and after games wearing one Robbie Flower's number 2 on back. You felt a part of the club, that you belonged

My biggest disappointment has been over the past few years has been that the AFL and ALL the clubs have become corporatised.... the supporters have been 'disestablishmentised' - players are off limits, you can't get on the ground for a kick. It seems that the bigger the AFL gets, the further away the cubs have been from the supporters. i feel the previous administrations of this club are somewhat to blame.

I was fortunate enough to fly back to melbourne this year for the queens B'day clash and was amazed by what i saw:

Firstly, we were greeted at the ground by hordes of demon fans brandishing red and blue flags making it to the 'G from Jimmies walk from federation square. I am lucky enough to have some connections and dined at the cotorie function - once again i was gobsmacked - connolls spoke with a deep passion for this footy club, bailey dropped in for a quick chat as it was going to be a special day. Ronald Dale Barassi was on hand as was the great Noel McMahon and together they presented one retiring David Neitz with a replica of the original coterie groups pledge to look after Ron following Barassi Srs death. I can tell you with a doubt there was not a dry eye in the room.

The club has an amazing history, but seems to have skipped a generation of supporters - the kids out there haven't been aware of our history, of our passion. All of a sudden with spruiking skills of connolls and schwabby, the passion of Jimmy and now the club is trying to harness a community spirit out at casey along with some future guns to put on show next season, i have some genuine hope for the future - players wanting to die for the jumper, to regain the 'us versus them' mentality, to really hurt after losing a winnable game, for supporters (new and old) to get behind our team

This administration seems to finally be getting it RIGHT. I'm senseing something happening about this football club. Football people running a football club just seems right

This administration seems to finally be getting it RIGHT. I'm senseing something happening about this football club. Football people running a football club just seems right

Great post Jako13, I feel the same way at the moment. From board level to daily football operations and the list. Theres a lot to like about the feeling about the place ATM. The directions great and hopefully something to get very excited about just around the corner!