Alwyn Davey!!!!

deanbarber

Why not we could? You are assuming that Niknat is a ruckman. By the reports on him, he is more a tall running midfielder in the Goodes mould. But he is raw while Warnock has had 2 to 3 years in the system. We still need a ruck. We can still get both.

You did not read the first sentence of the paragraph "Unless you can cook it ........".

Do the sums over the past 10 years, how many good uncontracted players fall into the PSD? Very very few.

As I said Niknat could be an extraordinary talent that is not necessarily a ruckman. He could be the running on baller. Dont typecast. We would hardly be clogging our list. White's expensive contract expires this year. How much will you pay him? And we would not be paying Meesen and Jamar much so they will go in a year. I want quality talls not quantity. We lack them in spades

Robert Warnock can head to another club for 500k per season. Anybody that fathoms paying 500k to a player that has played less than 20 games is absolutely deluded.

I'd be loathe to offer him more than 275k per season, build in performance bonus' and you possibly may reach 350k if he plays outstandingly.

Talk of paying him 500k is the biggest load of rubbish I've ever head.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon it's a furphy that he wants $500k. It's only been reported on BF. I may be wrong, but I'd be surprised if it's more than half that amount.

The only person who is talking 500k is his manager. Its the apparent first shot in a protracted negotiation round. If the right interest is there from a number of Clubs your offer may be well underwater though.

Nothing like a good old ambit claim to get the show on the road.

Why not we could? You are assuming that Niknat is a ruckman. By the reports on him, he is more a tall running midfielder in the Goodes mould. But he is raw while Warnock has had 2 to 3 years in the system. We still need a ruck. We can still get both.

You did not read the first sentence of the paragraph "Unless you can cook it ........".

Do the sums over the past 10 years, how many good uncontracted players fall into the PSD? Very very few.

As I said Niknat could be an extraordinary talent that is not necessarily a ruckman. He could be the running on baller. Dont typecast. We would hardly be clogging our list. White's expensive contract expires this year. How much will you pay him? And we would not be paying Meesen and Jamar much so they will go in a year. I want quality talls not quantity. We lack them in spades

i agree with most of what you say but there is no guarantee that Warnock is the answer either. I am from the school of thought that a ruckman needs to give you a lot more than hitouts. Either marking or linking up around the ground, kicking goals etc.

I dont know enough about warnock to know if he can do this.

you are obviously keen on him, what are his strengths??

i agree with most of what you say but there is no guarantee that Warnock is the answer either. I am from the school of thought that a ruckman needs to give you a lot more than hitouts. Either marking or linking up around the ground, kicking goals etc.

I dont know enough about warnock to know if he can do this.

you are obviously keen on him, what are his strengths??

From what I have seen of Warnock he is tall athletic for his size (204, 96?kg) with good mobility and ball skills. Seems adept at centre bounces and gives good advantage at hit outs.

I think he is a good prospect that the Club should be talking to seriously.

From what I have seen of Warnock he is tall athletic for his size (204, 96?kg) with good mobility and ball skills. Seems adept at centre bounces and gives good advantage at hit outs.

age?

Read the paper on that one did you Rhino?

He averages less than 10 hit outs per game, with a less than 17% tap to advantage rate. I know the next question you'll ask is how often is he sharked, well its roughly 12%.

He is tall, he's 205cm and Weighs 96kg, yes he's mobile and his ball skills are nothing but bordering on average. He has fantastic potential but he has a long way to go to prove himself. His stats are generally generated against the 2nd ruckman so are probably not even up to the standard above.

Yes he certainly has alot of upside and I'd be keen to get him on our list but a bit of clarity helps when assessing his current development.

Maybe some homework wouldn't go astray ole trout.

Oh and he's 21 Daneeman

Maybe some homework wouldn't go astray ole trout.

Definite pot calling kettle black with you Sleeve! :lol:

Nice to rattle some numbers (stats) to provide a veneer that you actually know something . Calculate the percentages yourself or have you learnt to quote directly from a website. Brilliant stuff champ. :lol:

even still if we picked up nick nat in the draft and we had the choice of prismall/davey in the psd or warnock. I would take prismall or davey. Our list has that many holes that we don't have the luxury of selecting back ups.

even still if we picked up nick nat in the draft and we had the choice of prismall/davey in the psd or warnock. I would take prismall or davey. Our list has that many holes that we don't have the luxury of selecting back ups.

Who's the back up? Warnock would be a ready made ruckman I would go with. Niknat might not be a regular in the side for a number of years. He may not fill any holes immediately.

It would be gold in them hills if the PSD contained Warnock Prisnall and Davey.

Who's the back up? Warnock would be a ready made ruckman I would go with. Niknat might not be a regular in the side for a number of years. He may not fill any holes immediately.

It would be gold in them hills if the PSD contained Warnock Prisnall and Davey.

Now you're talking. If we picked up all three along with no 1 in the draft, that would be quite a coup. We would need a lot of things to fall our way.

Definite pot calling kettle black with you Sleeve! :lol:

Nice to rattle some numbers (stats) to provide a veneer that you actually know something . Calculate the percentages yourself or have you learnt to quote directly from a website. Brilliant stuff champ. :lol:

Now you're talking. If we picked up all three along with no 1 in the draft, that would be quite a coup. We would need a lot of things to fall our way.

Sorry, we will probably have PSD pick 1. We would get one shot at them. I would choose Warnock at this point.

Its doubtful we would get players of the quality of those three in the PSD. Possible yes but definitely unlikely.

Sleeve, I just thought for a tall 21 yo with limited time on the field that his skills were good and they could get better. Why you have to go on a pissweak pointscore to ratchet yourself up continually is beyond me. Too many "I"s becoming boring Sleeve. Especially considering that your last three paragraphs actually reflect more sense than you have posted elsewhere.

We'd never get all 3.

I'd give a first round pick for Warnock, I'd part with 17 or our second round pick, not sure how Freo would look at that, its an interesting one.

I would love Prismall, good skills, gets the job done, doesn't have the speed we need but he is definately a quality midfielder, knows where to be and gets a heck of alot of footy.

Davey....Essendon wouldn't part with him.

We'd never get all 3.

I'd give a first round pick for Warnock, I'd part with 17 or our second round pick, not sure how Freo would look at that, its an interesting one.

I would love Prismall, good skills, gets the job done, doesn't have the speed we need but he is definately a quality midfielder, knows where to be and gets a heck of alot of footy.

Davey....Essendon wouldn't part with him.

does anyone know if davey is out of contract.

He was draft in the '06 National Draft and so is contracted for a minimum 2years, I don't remember reading whether he'd extended his stay or not.

if thats the case we could get him if he really wanted to come over if we got pick 1 in the psd.